“nice villa”
Review of Villa Kayu Raja

Villa Kayu Raja
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed February 3, 2014

the villa was good with nice pool we liked it. we did not like the food. Symniak beach is about 15-20 minutes walking distance. Symniak square is about 10-15 minutes walking if you want shopping and nice bars and restaurants. and Kuta is about 15 minutes by taxi

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hi KhalidZ, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Regarding the inputs, I will pass it to our respective department to be follow up with further action. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would coming to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Short walk to Seminyak's shopping district but quiet enough that we didnt get the hustle and bustle of Bali's streets. The staff were fantastic, polite, knowledgable and not pushy. A big thanks to Kazu for looking after us and making sure our stay was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was fresh and delicious we expecially liked that the omlettes were made in front of us. The villa itself was massive and private with its own pool, outdoor shower with hot water and bathroom. The king bed was like sleeping on a cloud and especially loved the big ensuite with shower or spa bath. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking at something affordable yet fancy. It was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Our room was 69 which was one of the last villas. It was great not having the early morning wakers h...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi MZ-Aramat, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would coming to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked this place for 4 nights as a 5 star 'mystery hotel' on Wotif...... While it was definitely not 5 stars as advertised, it was a solid 4 stars and there were a few pleasant surprises that left me with a really good impression about this place - especially for the price.

The staff were really lovely.... the room was spacious with an open living area, decent sized lap pool and two plasmas with dvd players.. (this is never usually a selling point for me but travelling on my own with a sick daughter, this set up was a godsend at the time as she was unable to swim until her ear infection cleared up).

Due to my daughter's illness we stayed in the room in the evenings and ordered room service. The food was really fantastic! My daughter is a fussy eater and I'm also quite discerning and the room service was prompt and the food was really impressive. Possibly some of the best room service I've had in my numerous trips to Bali.

We checked out (as planned beforehand) and went to The Kayana and was kindly dropped off by the Kayu Raja driver in their car... The next morning I realised that I had left behind both the adapter and chargers for my iPad and iPhone... I called Kayu Raja and explained what I had left behind and the helpful receptionist took my new room details at The Kayana and advised they would check with house-keeping and call me back.
5 minutes later I had a call from Kayu Raja advising that my adapter and charger were found in my room and that they would bring them to me at The Kayana! Maybe 10 minutes later I was called by The Kayana receptionist to say that a driver from Kayu Raja was waiting for me in the lobby to deliver my iPhone chargers.

I am really amazed by this fantastic customer service and honesty on the part of Kayu Raja. I am most certain that this kind of prompt and kind service would not happen in my city - Sydney. It was really generous and very much appreciated and really left me with a nice feeling about my overall experience at Kayu Raja.

No, not a 5 star experience with the room fit out etc but the staff were really lovely and the service I experienced here surpassed that of the '5 star resort' I later stayed at for more than twice the price (see my review for Anantara Seminyak).

Thank you, Kayu Raja..... while your room design and decor let you down a little and didn't meet the 5 star standard as was advertised, your staff really excelled and the service and kindness we experienced here was most appreciated. After staying elsewhere for more than twice the price, the value and service we experienced was unfortunately more appreciated after we had left.

I hope that this review will inform others of our good experience with you but also hope that you might amend your 5 star rating so that others do not have an unrealistic expectation before they stay with you. You have a great set up and fabulous staff, but travellers need to be honestly informed about where they are choosing to spend their holiday and by rating yourself as 5 stars, you are just setting yourself up for disappointing reviews.

Your rooms are great - large, well designed good air-con (in bedrooms only), the large open living area and kitchenette is great and the two tvs and DVD's are a big plus for families - but you aren't a 5 star establishment (in the design, finishes of the room/restaurant etc) and most travellers will make their own opinion about where they want to stay based on ratings and price and I think that honesty is the best policy and will place you in a better category for reviewers who feel that they got what they expected when they booked on-line.

Thanks again for a really nice experience with your staff at Kyau Raja..... your kindness and lovely service was much needed and very much appreciated.

Room Tip: the pool villa rooms are great but not recommended for families with kids under 4 or so as they are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KylieBondi

Hi KylieBondi, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...Bali!
Trust this writing finds you & family are well!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Regarding to your input about the hotel rating, I would make sure to revise it in all of our booking channel. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nothing like the billing by Deals.Com.Au of '5 Star Bali Bliss'.
Although we had already paid for a 2 room villa for 5 days in Australia, we checked out less than 14 hours after checking in. We had stayed in two 5 star places before this one this trip - one hotel, and another villa resort. The difference was astounding.

The entrance was underwhelming and shabby. All the tiles were badly chipped. The mats on the open steps were a slippery hazard after the rain.

The path to get to the rooms consisted of very old, uneven paving which caught ladies heels. The seat of the cart that was supposed to ferry us to our rooms with our luggage was wet from the rain. When we asked the driver to please dry it, he wiped it over with his hand - leaving it still wet. His service was less than amiable. We walked the tricky pavement instead.

Our room faced onto a wall topped by a 2-storey high corrugated metal fence - just a few feet away from the windows. Although the rooms themselves were large, they were devoid of luxury and the finishes were of poor quality. The beds were rock hard, and the bedside tables were fixed to the end of the walls about 4 feet away from the beds - hence - no bedside table.

The pool 'courtyard' consisted of a paved area about 6 x 3metres including the pool. There was one bed - not daybed there to lie on. After the rain, this one mattress was soggy and impossible to lie on. The pool was mostly in the shade as it was situated half under the living room. The living room looked stark but OK. However, lying down and relaxing on the sofa was impossible - it smelt and had stains on it,as did the pillows.

Looking out onto the corrugated iron fence made the rooms feel like a prison, and we just couldn't bear the thought of ruining our holiday in that place. We had one of the five breakfasts we had paid for in the lowly and only restaurant in the place before checking out. The breakfast buffet was continually 'out of fruit' and there was a poor selection.

Maybe 2.5 stars. Billing it as 5 stars? Totally ridiculous and misrepresentative on the part of Deals.com.au. The resort themselves informed me that they were 4 stars. When I challenged this upon leaving, the PR lady tacitly acknowledged that it was not.
Maybe fine if you're not expecting much - but terrible if you're expecting a classy and luxurious stay.
Emptor Caveat. Photos to come.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without the corrugated iron fence!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank HolyGrail613

Dear HollyGrail 613, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments are appreciated ( even though, it's really unexpected)... we will use it to review our staff & as a consideration to do even better in the future for all of our guests. We do apologize for the uncomfortable stay that you've been experienced with us, due to our building construction may not suitable for you. About our staff's attitude and anything uncomfortable situation you may have in the villa, should be complaining right away to us, so we could do the proper action immediately... instead of writing down the complaint in this page... I think that's really not fair to us, unless we not capable to solve the problem or situation in that time. Regarding the rates & rating, I believe that we already do the right thing, so it don't need to be changed. As I do travelling, I've been experienced various enough hotels & feel different hospitality of them as well ... and we try to do better in our place. I suggest to all of our guest to do a better review to the place when they would like to make a booking, so it wouldnt create disappointment later on. Also, they must really clear for terms & conditions of the promotion... so they understand what they had bought. We don't have any intension to cheating people. As a Balinese, we believe if we do something bad in purpose, it will bring bad karma (result) back to us either instanltly or later on to our lives. I hope above explanation would understandable, however if you have any further question...you might contact us directly via email: info@villakayuraja.com. Thanks once again and Have a nice day!
Gustra Darma

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Love this place! The bedroom, staff, shuttle service, breakfasts, massages, cleanliness-it was all fab. The lovely staff here are so attentive and always wanting to help, it really made the difference. If I had to say one bad thing then it would be how cold the pool was (because it got very little sun) but that would be it. Currently in a different villa (not Kayu Raja) and it is terrible and makes us miss the beautiful staff there so much... But that's the price you pay for trying something new isn't it! From now on we'll always stick with what we know.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank monkeysd
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hi there...greeting from Villa Kayu Raja, where the charms gather!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

You couldn't find friendlier staff. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. We stayed as a family. Two adults and two children primary school aged. Lovely breakfasts all you could eat. We had 2 bedroom with private pool. Pool is internal so was quite cold and if your children can,t swim you need to be on the lookout as it joins to the living areas. Open living as per Bali style with lockup bedrooms. Huge rooms with lovely bathrooms. Was noisy a few nights as stairwells don't have solid walls so we could hear people coming and going and you could hear others in their lounge areas. But staff sorted for us. meals delivered from restaurant to rooms with table set for you. Did require taxi to main shopping but staff helpful in arranging.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hi WhitelilliesNZ, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We visited this villa for our Christmas getaway. We got the villa with two bedrooms that was very spacious and provided all the necessary amenities. The bedrooms were large and provided a large bathroom with his and hers sinks. The bed were comfortable and the air conditioning kept the place cool in the warm climate. The entertainment in the villa was via 2 large TV's and surround sound, not that it was used as much as the indoor pool. The kitchen was also equipped for any cooking. The staff here were very friendly and provided anything that was required.

The buffet breakfast in the morning was good and catered for gluten free options too. If for lunch or dinner you had the urge to stay in and got hungry then food could be ordered into the room at no additional cost.

The villa was located about 5 - 10 mins walk from all the eateries. Places such as potato head and ku te da were also very close. Seminyak square was about 30-40 mins by cab and cost $NZ5.00.

Stayed: December 2013

Hi RegNZ, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...Bali!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Regarding your statement of the Seminyak Square distance, allow me to make correction... it's supposedly not longer than 10-15minutes by taxi. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!
Gustra Darma.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
The Kunja Villas & Spa
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Villa Coco
Villa Coco
#26 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Kayu Raja? Share your experiences!