“Nice athmosphere, average food, average service”
Review of Piduh

Piduh
Ranked #141 of 210 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: My wife and I found this restaurant, just opened, close to Seminyak. We initially went for a lunch time drink and snack, but then found that the ambience and friendliness of the staff encouraged us to have a meal. We had a wonderful seafood platter, with sauces, and a choice of European beers (as well as the normal Bintang and other locals). This was indeed a surprise find as the decor is beautiful, with old sculptures and large pieces of petrified wood. We found that the owner also ran a gallery at Nusa Dua which explained some of the decorations. This was newly opened, but showed great promise.
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had dinner in this restaurant because 1) it is across my hotel and 2) they serve seafood (bisides various kinds if grilled neat).

The athmosphere wad nice, romantic I would say, with soft lights, candles and fountains. Some noise comes from the street but didn't bother too much. They had live music (contemporary pop and revival 1970s and 1980s) but it was not very good, especially the quality of the sound.

I had two glasses of different local white wine, i liked them very much, especially the Alexandria Hatten. I ordered black pepper tuna salad (average without any dressing, mix grilled seafood (good but I found it too spicy and this information was not in the menu) and black rice pudding (good). Price: 28 USD (tax incl.).

Staff was polite and nice but service wasn't really good - menu wasn't explained to me, waitresses didn't come to check often, didn't notice I run out of beverage and didn't realize the need of extra napkin while cleaning my hands with water and lemon. This lack of attention was probably partialy due to the fact I was sitting far away from the live music in an area without any other customers but the restaurant was not full at all.

I found this restaurant average quality. I wouldn't come back again.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed down the road from this restaurant and just came across it when walking to sight see. It is a lovely restaurant and we loved it that it was not one of the cool places, but that it is more traditional, selection of Bali cuisine (and other if you can only eat egg and chops lol), the staff are so friendly and made us very welcome. We went there three times. I suggest if you are staying in Kerobakan or Seminyak areas to venture to Piduh and try it. Refreshingly Bali. After all that is why you travel there for! :)

Reviewed March 7, 2012

New restaurant to the area, used to be an art gallery, owner has kept all the art work in the restaurant which adds to its ambience. Food is tasty and quantity was good value, staff extremely friendly and very helpful, also a great selection of drinks - made great long island teas. Seriously has the best restrooms in the whole of Bali. We loved it so much we frequented this restaurant on several occasions during our stay for brunch, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were staying in a villa in Uma Sari just near Piduh and were delighted to discover it early on in our ten day holiday. The staff had a natural warmth and the outdoor setting surrounded by fairy lights was ambient and beautiful. Our first meal here was very good-cheap and very tasty with a good variety on the menu. So we were surprised a couple of days later when we returned for a late lunch that our round 2 at piduh was a very different experience- the food tasted awful and seemed old. We put it down to a different chef preparing the lunch menu but it still seemed strange how much the two visits had varied. 3 out of the 4 of us (the 4th was vegetarian) shared a number of entrees and by 5pm that day became sick. what initially appeared to be food poisoning became a three week bacterial stomach bug, and the three of us are still receiving treatment in Australia to try and recover. We suspect the calamari. It was disappointing considering how much effort the staff put into great service and we were so charmed by the restaurant the first time round. Unfortunately these things happen in developing countries and there isn't much you can do about it, but the food has made us really sick and in hindsight the lack of other patrons was an oversight made by us. Stick to the golden rule of numbers.

1  Thank AnnieEv
Reviewed February 26, 2012

What a wonderful night out we had at Piduh, food was delicious, staff were lovely and atmosphere is great, love the decor!