“Perfect Affordable Villa in Bali”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Besar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa Besar
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect Affordable Villa in Bali”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I took back 7 friends to Rumah Besar after having our honeymoon earlier in the year at Ruma Cantik and they lived up to the expectation that we had promised our friends...Thank you!

The staff are just so wonderful and helpful and speak English!!!!

Although the location is not right on the beach its only minuets out of seminyak and there is no traffic, pollution or noise.

Your surrounded by rice field and the space in Rumah Besar is great!

I would highly recommend any of Rumah Besar Villas after staying in 2 of them as they are value for money and the service is second to none.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adam M
villarumahbesar, Owner at Villa Besar, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
We really appreciate your positive comments thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Perth WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

We saw these villas advertised in an Australian Newspaper.
We had to pay the WA owners upfront directly to their bank account at time of booking in the promise of a new luxurious villa. Their web showed photos of their first built villa - villa Besar that looked fine and a concept drawing of the new villa Cantik. We booked and paid for this villa on the assurance it would be fully completed by our arrival in September.

What a shock ! Initially the driver they sent to pick us up couldn't find the place and had to stop and make a number of calls on his mobile. Once there the area seemed very remote and quite a drive from the main road where all shops and cafes are located. As we approached Villa Besar we could see the owners who were there on holiday with friends staring at us through the open gates. It felt really uncomfortable. The car had to then stop as there were trucks blocking the lane. Between us and the driver we managed to negotiate ourselves and luggage past these trucks over make shift planks over open ditches past a building site into Our Villa. I was immediately struck by how low the walls were and that on both sides completely flanked by unfinished buildings and workmen running around. The maid was pleasant but spoke little English. We were the first ones in and she was not sure how everything worked. I noticed that there were no sun loungers so she went back to the owner’s villa and brought foam mattresses saying this was all they had. She also told us the phone line was not connected. This had me really worried, I was already feeling absolutely stranded. I asked how were we supposed to get assistance or organise transport. ( there were no taxis on the street in this remote area. ) She said that we would have to come to the owners compound but that the staff finished there at 3pm. I noticed that Villa Besar looked like Forte Knox in comparison to this villa. I was now really concerned for our security. With 2 children it just didn't feel safe. It was nothing like the other Villa. There were no DVD players, the telephone was not connected. We were completed surrounded by half finished buildings with men working metres away. Nowhere to relax and read a book by the pool unless you wanted to lie on some very uneven planks of wood making up the decking on a foam mattress. For the rest of the fit out it was all very basic a picnic style table and a wooden lounge with foam seating. The lawn had just recently been laid and with the rain was very muddy
I asked if I could speak to the owner. Eventually she came out but I think somewhat reluctant. I explained my feelings that I felt that we had been duped and that we could not stay. The Villas simply were not ready to be rented out. I said we would have to find alternative accommodation. We paid the driver to take us back into Seminyak to find somewhere decent and safe to stay. When we returned later the same day the same eyes were watching us as we negotiated the ditches and planks of wood. But we were completely ignored.
Once back in Australia II emailed the owner if we could have some form of refund as we did not even stay one night Eventually after me sending a number of emails I was told they were not a hotel and tough luck. I responded politely pointing out that we did not eat their food sleep in their beds or use their maid. I was rudely informed that the cost of the breakfast was $2 per person and that was all they would give me ( out of the $200 dollar a night that they had charged me) and that the matter was finished. So the quality of the breakfast sums up the whole awful experience.
Save your money go somewhere reputable. These people are just interested in making a fast buck as cheaply as they can. Don't get ripped off like us

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
17 Thank family4PerthWA
villarumahbesar, Owner at Villa Besar, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Sorry you didnt feel safe with our security there
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Uppala Villa Seminyak
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#2 of 143 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Besar? Share your experiences!