“great gay guest house”
Review of Villa Layang Bulan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa Layang Bulan
Ranked #23 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Detroit, Michigan
“great gay guest house”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Recently I was back for the second time. This small gay hotel gets better all the time. They were very busy over the holidays and I met many fun and interesting guys from all over the world. We all had the best time ever, especially the New Year's Eve party.
The rooms are very nice, very clean and the food is terrific.
The location is super.....quiet and peaceful, but a short walk to the beach.
The staff, Edwin, Donald and Nyoman. couldn't be nicer.
They provided me with transport to the gym, bars and restaurants almost anytime.
I find Villa Layang Bulan to be the best value in Bali for the gay man seeking a clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay that offers good food and great and sexy male service and entertainment.
In fact, I am planning to return next week after a quick trip to Singapore.
I like this place so much that I may stay all winter.
Bill from USA

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank papa15

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
USA
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Since its December, the price has tremendously increased.

Location: It is 'kind of' near to the beach but we had a difficult time finding the place since its not located at the main street of Jalan Batu Belig. There are even parts of the roads muddy to get into the villa. No street lamp along the small lane so be prepared to have a torch if you walk back during the night!

Cleanliness / Rooms: Average. Rooms are clean 'at sight' but the dining & living hall feels dirty and floors are sticky. Please bring your own toiletries as there will not be any provided even if you have the private room! Don't expect to have warm water all the time, in fact you will not get it most of the time. Depends on your luck to get which room, some rooms will have 2 single beds & if you request for a double/queen size bed, they might just push two single bed side by side and call it a double!

Service & Friendliness: Most of the staff there are friendly especially the driver, his young and speaks very good English.
You will need to depend on transport/transfer to bring you to the town center or any other places, walking will be inconvenient! But please don't expect the transport request be ever ready because they only have 1 vehicle. If its out - you will need to either wait or get your own transport!

Food & Beverages: Nice to have breakfast provided depending on how much you paid for the room. You will need it after a late partying.

WIFI connection: They provide free WIFI, but it is unstable & needs to be upgraded. Try using the living room, it might be better.

Summary: You might want to look out unless you have no other choice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Private_Reviews
Balinyoman, Owner at Villa Layang Bulan, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Villa Layang Bulan is located in a quiet residential area. We are not located along the main road or in the town centre because we are a gay clothing optional resort and we need privacy. But our resort is only 5 minutes walk to the beaches and the main road.
It is not difficult to locate us. One only needs to turn right twice from the main road to get into our lane. For new arrivals, we offer airport transfer, and free map and tour of the neighborhood by our vehicle soon after check-in.
Our lane is partially surfaced. It is dry during most months of the year. But lately, it has been muddy at a few spots because it had been raining for several consecutive days. There isalways lighting from the villas along the lane during the evening. Many villas, including us, we leave our gate lights on till dawn.
We provide soap, toilet paper and clean towels to every private room. We replenish these items whenever necessary.
The previous owners of our resort support solar energy. Thus, our water heaters are fueled by solar energy. We did run out of solar energy for hot water supply lately because it had been raining for several days. But our water, which is from our own ground is never too cold. Pipe water can be cold on a raining day.
Our resort has 4 private rooms on one dormitory. 3 of the private rooms have double beds. One of the private rooms has twin beds. We clearly specify these on our website. Incidentally, the twin room is a larger, the newest and more expensive. We offered had it to guests when it was empty so that they could enjoy the extra space without extra charge. We meant well. But as soon we discovered that they did not like it, we moved them into a double room.
We have two 6-passenger vehicles – not one. One vehicle is for airport transfers and drop off at nearby places. The other vehicle is for tour or rental. We provide drop – off guests at nearby places thrice daily - after breakfast, during dinner time and around 10.30pm for the bars of Serminyak. We are only a budget hotel with only 4 private rooms and 8 dormitory beds. We cannot afford to have a large fleet of vehicles on standby to drive guests around individually.
There are countless hotels or resorts that are located away from the main roads and town centers like us in Bali. In fact, most luxury the hotels or resorts here are located in secluded areas. Even if the hotel is opposite a shopping mall in Kuta, one still needs to walk for sightseeing, meals and shopping.
Bali is a large island. It does not have public transport for nearby places. We will not recommend anyone to stay with us, if he does not enjoy short walk, ride motor bike or bicycle, drive car, wish to pay for taxi rides or opt for guided tours for sightseeing.
We have a bicycle for our guests to use free of charge. We also offer cost sharing and private sightseeing tours, and motor bike and car rental at only US$6 and US$16.50 per day (24 hours). There is no surcharge for calling taxi for pick-up at my villa. Taxi are plentiful in Bali. They usually arrive within a few minutes. Taxi fares are inexpensive in Bali.
We offer good breakfast to all private room guests. There are multiple choices daily. Dormitory bed rates do not include breakfast.
We have strong wi fi in most all areas of the villa, including the rooms, gazebo, balcony and outdoor verandahs. But several resort and lap top owners had experienced inconsistency in our reception in Seminyak area lately on certain periods of the day lately probably due to the bad weather.

The Management
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you are gay and looking to stay in Bali, you have to check this place out. Whether you are traveling solo or with a group (like me), it is a perfectly-situated five minute walk to the beach (ten minutes walk to the gay beach) and ten minutes by car to the gay bars. In addition, it is walkable to a bunch of great shopping areas. Beyond the location, Edwin (the owner) and his staff provide the best service I have ever received. The are very warm and accommodating. They are extremely knowledgeable about Bali (and the other islands) and will even set up trips for you. In fact, they provide some of the tours and trips themselves, which is super duper convenient and really reasonably priced, if not cheap. We were in Bali for a wedding and Edwin and his team made sure we saw everything we wanted to see and were great company when we lounged around and relaxed. Beyond all that, the place is really nice, including a warm pool, outdoor seating for meals in lush rainforest-like vegetation and other wonderful travelers. If you are going alone, this is a great place to stay because you will no doubt end up meeting lots of people from lots of places around the world. Just about each day we met new, interesting people of all ages and from all corners of the globe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jeremy2011
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I’m a solo traveller this trip and was my first time ever to a nudist resort and trip to Bali.
It is situated in Kerobokan and close to many fine restaurants and only 5 minute walk to the gay beach. It’s also situated in a very quite location and is only a short taxi ride to the clubs.
The Villa itself was amazing. A beautiful villa, with spacious rooms, living area and a nice swimming pool. Feels like home, the day I step in. very casual and not hotel like which is I love it so much.
I felt welcomed from the time I was collected at the airport by the charming tour manager, Donald. I salute him for his patient for waiting me - my flight was delight for an hour plus. Also, he did a great job as my tour manager/guide by showing me the places around when I was at Bali.
I got to know Nyoman, the villa manager and I appreciated his kindness and friendliness for showing me the hotspots in the area, especially to try out the good foods/restaurants. Edwin, the villa's owner organized the exclusive tours to come to me. He made my stay so enjoyable and saved me so much valuable time with their local knowledge of the area. All staffs are very friendly. This is the only resort that has made me feel like part of a family and absolutely I look forward to my next visit. Thanks to Edwin, Nyoman and Donald for making this a great holiday trip for me.

Jack Wong

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank JackWong
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I travel to Bali from USA every year and just found Villa Layang Bulan. What a value for such a nice gay guest house.
Nyoman, Donald and Edwin really make you feel at home.
They are wonderful hosts, cooks, masseurs and friends.
I highly recommend this hotel to all gay men.
My plan is to return again this winter.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Balinea Villa - Rooms & Spa
The Puri Beji Bed & Breakfast
Villa Bali Asri Batubelig
Villa Bali Asri Batubelig
#3 of 116 in Kerobokan

Been to Villa Layang Bulan? Share your experiences!