“a soulful experience for me”
Review of Villa Layang Bulan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa Layang Bulan
Ranked #23 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Chennai
“a soulful experience for me”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Bali - Indonesia What a lovely place. Villa layang bulan is a wonderful place merely because of the experience to see Gays from around the world end up being good friends. We were a batch indonesians, filipinos, french, australian, english, singapore, myself indian. Villa Layang bulan is very closer to the homosexual beach(few mins walk) and they do a everynight drop to the homosexual bars if you stay at private rooms or hop with someone who stays in private rooms. Prices are quite ok for 45 $ to 65$ per night in a private room or poolside room. It is not definitely a palm springs kind clothing optional as my wildest mind thinks lol but definitely a lot more worthy purely because of the homosexual celebration and the "Just the way you are" celebration. Apart from the Villa, the nearby beach, the surfing dudes, the homosexual beach called "Double-six" or Cantina beach are must see places. homosexual bars in the Jalan(Jalan is called as Street) Dhyana pura is where the homosexual bars are. though i could see Go-go boys dancing, i felt like the chicken dancing..I was not turned on at all but had great fun dancing in colorful lights. Infact we remember once dancing with a 3 european ladies having a good time. There was also a nearly naked strip that took place by the participants that night lol I went with my homosexual friends and it was lot of fun dancing with them. Mixwell homosexual bar is good, but in my opinion Bali Joe homosexual bar's DJ is very good, although you have queeny waiters sticking there butts often to show us lol. There are other homosexual bars too but the former two are best as i was told. I remember someone openly asked me if i wanted Marijuana in the road(I hope i spelled the name correctly lol) If you are a my kind of person to have a relaxing time, hit the beach, check out the hot dudes, hit the homosexual bars and spa, then i highly recommend Bali, Indonesia's Villa layang bulan.

Tips: Get your own scooter bike for 50,000 IDR per day. If you want to know bali tradition and meet bali people, then hit the "Warong Sobat" restaurant. Bali people are very friendly and great hospitality. Never photograph there traditional yellow or black clothed small shrines. Never walk over "Canang Offering". This is everyday offering to there Gods. Bali hindus consider this as unlucky when someone walks over.

Room Tip: Villa is a like a family, so choose any room, yet the pool side room was so luxurious.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank VenkySF

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 26, 2014

During my last trip to Bali I had the chance to stay at Villa Layang Bulan in Seminyak. I have to admit it was a delightful experience cause I immediately found a gorgeous friendly staff there, a lovely atmosphere, comfortable room and garden with a nice pool. I felt like being in a very welcoming family, cause the manager Edwin and all other guys working there are really good in letting you feel like "at home". Inside the villa you can be fully naked day and night, you won't feel uncomfortable as everyone is naked and you can get full body tanning. Edwin will provide you a lot of information about the place, how to get around, the restaurants, the massage places, clubs and bars, beaches, tour agencies, ATMs and money change, etc...
I would recommend it to all my friends!
Roberto - Italy

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank robzieg
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

After browsing online to check on some villas, I finally decided to try Layang Bulan, especially there's so many good reviews about this villa. After emailed Edwin for quite a number of times on the changes of date...I finally reached the villa on 3rd March ....As promised Mayan was at the airport upon my arrival..starting from there I have a good start and I had a feeling that I will be enjoying my stay in Layang Bulan ....

I stayed in one of the standard room (a little small for me - my fault for not booking in advanced) for two nights - and everything about the room are very good and worked very well... :) and was transferring to their pool side room for three nights - and again i was not disappointing on the room in fact I fell in love with the room (Edwin, i want this room..... :p)

One thing I like about Layang Bulan is the staff ....they are super nice..specially Made the manager ....He made my day every morning with his smile ..... and the breakfast is just simple and nice for me ..... and I had my dinner one night - the green curry was very good, the sweet and sour fish (i think) was nice and the sate was a little too sweet for us but still taste good...

Even-though I requested the staff not to the clean my room just changed the towels and yet they made an effort to ensure that my room are clean (that's a very nice touch) and I don't think you can get that service in 5-star hotels/ resorts.

Lastly if you were to ask me will I be back again to Layang Bulan..my answer would be Yes Yes and Yes ....and I am coming back in July ....hope to see you Edwin since you are away when I am there ....

Oh one more thing...I get to know quite a number of new friends during my stay ...The guest in Layang Bulan are very friendly and we chatted every morning about the stay and exchanging knowledge.....

I would 100% recommend Layang Bulan to anyone who wanted to visit Bali.

Once again, to Edwin and his team - good job and see you guys in July.

Room Tip: The pool side room are the best .....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank topkart2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I was in bali for a layover and was browsing the google for clothes optional villa. Went there, and immediately felt like at home. Edwin and his assistant Made were the most welcoming people, taking me in like a family member. The villa is very quaint, cosy and I stripped nude immediately hihi. The rest of the guests are so friendly, especially this cute red head brit hihi. Initially I was abit sceptical about the place. Seeing the guests just leave their phones and gadgets everywhere, I know that it is one safe place. A MUST GO PLACE IN BALI FOR MEN WEARING THEIR BIRTH SUITS haha

• Stayed February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am heading back to Bali for the 7th time in 4 years in May and am so looking forward to staying at the Villa Layang Bulan again.
It is a beautiful Villa with a great location, being only a very short walk to the many Warungs and restaurants nearby and a 5 minute walk to the beach.
I have stayed in most of the rooms and they are all very comfortable and cleaned daily.
The Villa has a wonderful 'family' atmosphere and all sorts of delightful guests stay here, many on repeat visits. All ages and nationalities, which makes for very interesting fun and conversation around the lovely pool or dinner table.
We often go into the gay bars in Seminyak as a group and Edwin very kindly puts on a free van to get there and returning is very cheap in a local taxi.
Another plus is the fact that the Villa is in a very tasteful residential area, away from the 'hustle and bustle' of the main tourist areas.
But the really appealing factor are the people.! Edwin and his staff are just fantastic and can't do enough to ensure that all guests are happy and made to feel very welcome. Edwin also organises day trips around Bali which are really worth doing.
And what a chef he is.!!..I have had many meals at the Villa, from local cuisine to European dining and every meal has been a delight.
So, with a great location, excellent rooms and cleanliness, very reasonable room rates, fun fellow guest and the best and friendliest staff, why would I stay anywhere else?
I love returning to the Villa Layang Bulan.
Cheers,
David, Auckland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank david m
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A first time solo Bali visitor looking for new experience without disappointment. Thanks to Edwin and his staff, the atmosphere is unique here that could not be found elsewhere. The staff are extremely helpful. It is the service making this place different from the rest. It is easy to make new friends, especailly most of us are soloist. We go out to have a walk, watch sunset at the beach, dance in bars, share info about massagers ... Not close to the downtown area, but 5 min walk to the beach clubs like Potato Head. 300k taxi ride to the bars, even at three in the morning. The penthouse room satisfied my need for a place to sleep, cool, clean and quiet enough. The home made lunch tasted great. The pool is a lovely and private place to enjoy the sunshine, with light breeze. Will come back again.

Room Tip: Penthouse room in the first floor but the bathroom/toilet is on ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was my third time staying in Villa Layang Bulan this time for 7 nights and as per usual the say was excellent. Edwin and his staff are so obliging, to be collected from the airport by Made waving at me and calling my name when I walked through the arrival gate really made my stay special.

I have stayed in both the Kuta and Canggu room and both are great. The bonus with the Kuta room is the easy access to the pool and lounge area where guests mingle. I have heard many mixed stories about other villas in Bali that cater for the gay traveller but every time the most friendly by far is Layang Bulan. Sitting at the pool by day or lounging on the couch by night with the other guests having a chat is the highlight of this villa, I have met so many special people here that I keep going back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank BrentH20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Sunclad Villa
Kubal Villa & Restaurant
Villa Bali Asri Batubelig
Villa Bali Asri Batubelig
#3 of 117 in Kerobokan

Been to Villa Layang Bulan? Share your experiences!