“A LITTLE PIECE OF PARADISE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Layang Bulan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa Layang Bulan
Ranked #18 of 115 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Derry, United Kingdom
“A LITTLE PIECE OF PARADISE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed 12 nights and had a fantastic time. Edwin and the boys will do anything so you enjoy your stay. Breakfast is fantastic as is the free tea, coffee and iced water all day. A big plus is the free airport transfers. Pool is lovely and clean and fresh. Gay beach around the corner. The food is really good and very cheap. Every night you get a free lift to the gay bars/restaurant and taxi back to the villa cheap as chips.i wouldnt stay anywhere else when im in Bali.
David from Ireland

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank David C

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Moorebank NSW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We loved our stay in this friendly villa. The room was neat, the staff very nice and the all over atmosphere like 'home away from home'. The villa itself is surprisingly close to Seminyak using the short cut along the beach. Don't try it along the road, you'll be on your ways for hours:-)
But transport never was a problem, the boys in the villa provide drop off within the area, which is great. Loved the advice by manager Johnny on all kinds of things;-), thank you.
Only minor downsides are the solar hot water system doesn't seem to cope when the house is full, and a few minor repair jobs needed around the pool. Great place, we'd love to be back one day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed at Villa Layang Bulan for 3 nights in May 2011 but didn't get a chance to review the place earlier. The villa is nice and cozy, with beautiful garden and refreshing pool. The room is clean and comfortable, the bathroom is good size, the hot water could be warmer, but that's not a problem. I was greeted by Edwin, the manager with hospitality, he and the staffs all made me and other guests feel at home during my entire stay. They are all very friendly and helpful and provide great service. The breakfast was great, try Mee goreng.

The place may be a bit far from the action, but no problem at all, cause the villa provide free transport to the nearby place, in fact the villa is less than 10 minutes walk to the beach. There are plenty of taxi (more than enough) in Seminyak area 24 hrs. to take you back to the villa for around 20,000 RP (2-3 USD).

I had a great time in Bali and at the villa. All the guests are friendly, we usually sit around by the pool and had a good talk. Clothing optional is really optional. It's up to you if you don't feel comfortable to be naked in front of others. The facility at the villa may not be as perfect as a 4 or 5-star hotel, but the service and hospitality is just as great. Next time I go to Bali I will stay at Villa Layang Bulan again.

Wut

3 Thank WutGW
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

Villa Layang Bulan is located quite far away from the happening areas of the town but this is understandable due to its clothing optional concept. With the very well drawn map sent to us by the Villa management we found it with ease. Though the road leading to it is extremely narrow and badly surfaced but this is not a cause of concern to us at all.

We were greeted by the handsome bare chest manager and this made us easily merged into the clothing optional environment in the Villa. The other staff in the Villa were all very friendly and responded to all our needs promptly.

The pool at the backyard of the building was refreshing but I didn’t have the chance to try it. My friend and the other guests all had wonderful time in it, naked in the cooling water.
We were placed in a room at the front part of the building, just next to the small parking area for cars and motorcycles. Though it could be noisy but this is not a problem for us as we slept without noticing the noise at all.

The room has two single beds with a double-door low level cupboard. There were one single electrical socket for the flat screen TV and channel TV module. The shared shower/toilet was just in front of our room door, with a sink in between.

The living room was well decorated with a big screen TV set and a lounge set for guests to mix around. Another area is the sitting area besides the pool. All were well kept away from the outside world.

Free wi-fi was available and this was very helpful. The Villa manager even lent his laptop for me to use too.

Breakfast menu was sufficient for us to start the day and we were surprised with the delicious dishes produced by the staff, after several disappointments on the foods from the other parts of Bali.

The special evening buffet event was interesting and one should not miss it. The performance by the external dancer boys was entertaining. The later parts of the event with guests’ participations were a good initiative by the Villa management.
The beach is just about a 10 minutes slow walk through the small path from the Villa. No problem to walk with just a pair of beach shorts and towel.

Though the place is a distance from the town, transportation is easy. We were dropped off at our destinations in Kuta and Seminyak when there were cars available. Otherwise the Villa management was able to get a taxi to pick us within less than 15 minutes. Returning taxi fares from the gay bars areas were less than R30,000.

Day trips could be arranged, both by the Villa’s staff or external drivers/guides if there were no more cars available.

The Villa management could also arrange for massage in the Villa veranda or in guests’ room. They were great!

True as an optional place, we did not necessary to be naked all the time but just be ourselves. During our stay, there were guests from Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, Dubai, etc. All were very friendly and we mixed around like a big family.

On the not so good side, the followings were several areas that, in my personal opinion, may wish to be looked at by the Villa management:-
> Maybe putting on more mosquito coils at the strategic areas can further reduce the amount of mosquitoes attacking our naked or near naked bodies.
>The guest room could include more furniture, e.g. shelves to keep guests’ belonging, hooks to hang towels etc.
>One single socket in the guest room is not enough. At least one additional double socket is required for the electrical mosquito repellent, and for charging guests’ camera and mobile phones.
>A shelf at the shared sink would be preferred too. This will allow guests to place their toiletries instead of keeping all of them in the rooms.
>Hot water system for shower may need to be reviewed as many guests may like to have a hot shower after returning from the bars before calling it a night.

Yes, we had a wonderful stay at the Villa and will definitely return to it again when we next visit Bali, especially if the particular cute and lovable staff, with the sweetest smiles I have ever seen is still around.

Room Tip: Avoid Berawa Room if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank SL_Chatter
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great holiday! Staff had genuine hospitality at heart, very accommodating & caring.

Clean well maintained rooms with en-suite for total convenience! Sheets were fresh and of high quality - very important to us!

Short walk to the gay beach will not disappoint - no hassle no pressure safe and met some really fun locals who were cool and knew how to have a great time. Many other local party spots - just hop on a rental scooter and meander through the winding streets of Siminyik

Housekeeper was flexible on cooking our choice of food which was a real bonus after a fun filled day & nights.

Found other house guests friendly & well behaved. One could either hang around the very private living room which opens out to the private garden, swimming pool and cabana socializing or retreat to one of the private niches for your private time. Privacy is guaranteed!

Most services are a phone call away and the staff were ever willing to arrange massages, bike/car hire, tours, etc at very reasonable rates.

Can't wait for the summer break to come to head back for another 10 days of paradise!

3 Thank mal5555
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

It's my first time staying at Villa Layang Bulan and from the moment I stepped in the doors I was made feel welcomed and as if I was part of a family.Edwin(owner) was terrific and nothing was too much trouble for him.He went out of his way to ensure that each guest was comfortable and relaxed and having a great time.The staff were great too.The atmosphere was warm and friendly.Meals were very appetizing.Everything about the Villa was what I expected and more.I was so impressed, that I waisted no time in booking a room at the Villa for my November holidays.I know where I'll be staying each time I tralvel to Bali - Villa Layang Bulan.

2 Thank wil6
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

Great place to stay and relax. I came for two days while I looked for an apartment and stayed for my entire two month vacation. Edwin and his staff make everyone feel welcome from the airport pickup to the delicious food served everyday. Rooms are well kept and the pool and grounds are beautiful. It is a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach and many restaurants along the main road.

From the first day I felt at home and was treated like family. The staff went out of their way to help me out with things to see and do. The villa has two cars to take you where you would like to go. Shopping, beach , restaurants and bars. The tours are fun. Food is amazing and served to your schedule.

The best part was meeting all of the amazing people who stayed there. I’ve been to many gay hotels, including others in Bali, and this is the best one for making new friends. I now know interesting and fun people all over the world.

Without a doubt the next time I am in Bali I will stay at Layang Bulan. Book ahead, it is always full.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank ThomasR54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Bali Ginger Suites & Villa
#3 of 4 in Bondalem
Sunclad Villa
Sunclad Villa
#84 of 201 in Kuta

Been to Villa Layang Bulan? Share your experiences!