“Far from center, but turn out to be a great place”
Review of Villa Layang Bulan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa Layang Bulan
Ranked #23 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Los Angeles, California
“Far from center, but turn out to be a great place”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

This place is definetly far from everything, and to find the way around it may take a bit of time. But once you know where you are, this is a welcoming place to stay.
About the rooms, I stayed at their best room, pool view, and I don't know that I would like any of the others, it felt really private.
At the beguinning I considered switching but by the end acctualy I think that I will come back next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bcnlax

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I am a US national who have lived and worked for several years in the Indonesian city of Surabaya. During the past 4 years, I have been a frequent visitor to Bali for relaxation. I used to stay at high end mainstream resorts in Sanur or Nusa Dua.

But during my recent trip to Bali, I decided to stay in all - male clothing optional Villa Layang Bulan in Seminyak after hearing about this place from an American friend. Although, it is a small bed & breakfast type hotel but I enjoyed my stay so much that I want to be there more often. My recent 8 nights stay had been so wonderful that I would consider this as my home in Indonesia.

The staff are very friendly - Made, Nyoman, Donald and Adhi. They make everyone feel like a family member - staff and guests.

I am glad I have found a nearby place to get-away from Surabaya regularly, where I can relax, get naked all day long in front of others, make new friends, enjoy good and inexpensive Western and Asian meals, massages, theme parties, and jogging along the beaches and padi fields nearby.

The youthful looking owner (who was an ex-model) is a fantastic cook. Chicken Piccata, Pasta with Pesto Sauce, Breaded Pork Chop filled with Smoked Ham & Melted Cheese, Lemon Fish and Beef Rendang are my favorite dishes here.

This place is a paradise in Seminyak.

Perry

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Perry2501
Germany
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I m a solo Traveller and stay 14 Days first Time in Villa Layang.I m have many experence in another Gay Villa in Bali.But Villa Layang its not only a small Gay Villa Hotel like another Gay Villa in Bali....Villa Layang its like a Gay Family with the nicest Staff!! Edwin (the owner) and his staff provide the best service I have ever received. The are very warm and accommodating and helpfull.

The Rooms: A beautiful villa, with spacious very clean rooms, living area and a nice Swimming pool in a nice Garden. Feels like home!

The Food: You can order Food every Time on the Day and the Night delicious and inexpensive Western and Asian Meals.And the Taste of the Food its like a Food from 5 Star Hotel!!!Try the braised lamb shank with Pasta!Exellent.

The Driver: Every Time you can ask for a Spezial Trip or Shopping Tour or she bring you to the Gaybars.They are extremely knowledgeable about Bali (and the other islands) and will even set up trips for you. Thank you Donald and Nyoman. (Nyoman is my lovley Driver and so carefull!)

The Location: It is situated in Kerobokan and close to many fine Restaurants and only 10 Minute walk to the gay beach and is only a short taxi ride to the clubs and to the Supermarket in Seminiyak

Now i m back in Germany only 2 Weeks but i m miss my Gay Family Staff from Villa Layang and shure i m come back in November 2011.Thank you for you excellent Service in the best Gay Villa in Bali!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DieterGermany
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I have just had a marvellous 8 - day stay at Villa Layang Bulan in
Bali. This was my first visit to Bali and my first experience staying
in a clothing optional resort. I enjoyed very much. The tours,
delicious and inexpensive western and Asian meals, theme party and
massages provided by the resort were absolutely wonderful. I am now
addicted to it. I cannot wait for my next break from work so that I
can be there. The massages by Leo, Adhi and Zandra were good. For
food, try the braised lamb shank with pasta. It is out of this world.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gem099
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Recently I was back for the second time. This small gay hotel gets better all the time. They were very busy over the holidays and I met many fun and interesting guys from all over the world. We all had the best time ever, especially the New Year's Eve party.
The rooms are very nice, very clean and the food is terrific.
The location is super.....quiet and peaceful, but a short walk to the beach.
The staff, Edwin, Donald and Nyoman. couldn't be nicer.
They provided me with transport to the gym, bars and restaurants almost anytime.
I find Villa Layang Bulan to be the best value in Bali for the gay man seeking a clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay that offers good food and great and sexy male service and entertainment.
In fact, I am planning to return next week after a quick trip to Singapore.
I like this place so much that I may stay all winter.
Bill from USA

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank papa15
USA
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Since its December, the price has tremendously increased.

Location: It is 'kind of' near to the beach but we had a difficult time finding the place since its not located at the main street of Jalan Batu Belig. There are even parts of the roads muddy to get into the villa. No street lamp along the small lane so be prepared to have a torch if you walk back during the night!

Cleanliness / Rooms: Average. Rooms are clean 'at sight' but the dining & living hall feels dirty and floors are sticky. Please bring your own toiletries as there will not be any provided even if you have the private room! Don't expect to have warm water all the time, in fact you will not get it most of the time. Depends on your luck to get which room, some rooms will have 2 single beds & if you request for a double/queen size bed, they might just push two single bed side by side and call it a double!

Service & Friendliness: Most of the staff there are friendly especially the driver, his young and speaks very good English.
You will need to depend on transport/transfer to bring you to the town center or any other places, walking will be inconvenient! But please don't expect the transport request be ever ready because they only have 1 vehicle. If its out - you will need to either wait or get your own transport!

Food & Beverages: Nice to have breakfast provided depending on how much you paid for the room. You will need it after a late partying.

WIFI connection: They provide free WIFI, but it is unstable & needs to be upgraded. Try using the living room, it might be better.

Summary: You might want to look out unless you have no other choice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Private_Reviews
Balinyoman, Owner at Villa Layang Bulan, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Villa Layang Bulan is located in a quiet residential area. We are not located along the main road or in the town centre because we are a gay clothing optional resort and we need privacy. But our resort is only 5 minutes walk to the beaches and the main road.
It is not difficult to locate us. One only needs to turn right twice from the main road to get into our lane. For new arrivals, we offer airport transfer, and free map and tour of the neighborhood by our vehicle soon after check-in.
Our lane is partially surfaced. It is dry during most months of the year. But lately, it has been muddy at a few spots because it had been raining for several consecutive days. There isalways lighting from the villas along the lane during the evening. Many villas, including us, we leave our gate lights on till dawn.
We provide soap, toilet paper and clean towels to every private room. We replenish these items whenever necessary.
The previous owners of our resort support solar energy. Thus, our water heaters are fueled by solar energy. We did run out of solar energy for hot water supply lately because it had been raining for several days. But our water, which is from our own ground is never too cold. Pipe water can be cold on a raining day.
Our resort has 4 private rooms on one dormitory. 3 of the private rooms have double beds. One of the private rooms has twin beds. We clearly specify these on our website. Incidentally, the twin room is a larger, the newest and more expensive. We offered had it to guests when it was empty so that they could enjoy the extra space without extra charge. We meant well. But as soon we discovered that they did not like it, we moved them into a double room.
We have two 6-passenger vehicles – not one. One vehicle is for airport transfers and drop off at nearby places. The other vehicle is for tour or rental. We provide drop – off guests at nearby places thrice daily - after breakfast, during dinner time and around 10.30pm for the bars of Serminyak. We are only a budget hotel with only 4 private rooms and 8 dormitory beds. We cannot afford to have a large fleet of vehicles on standby to drive guests around individually.
There are countless hotels or resorts that are located away from the main roads and town centers like us in Bali. In fact, most luxury the hotels or resorts here are located in secluded areas. Even if the hotel is opposite a shopping mall in Kuta, one still needs to walk for sightseeing, meals and shopping.
Bali is a large island. It does not have public transport for nearby places. We will not recommend anyone to stay with us, if he does not enjoy short walk, ride motor bike or bicycle, drive car, wish to pay for taxi rides or opt for guided tours for sightseeing.
We have a bicycle for our guests to use free of charge. We also offer cost sharing and private sightseeing tours, and motor bike and car rental at only US$6 and US$16.50 per day (24 hours). There is no surcharge for calling taxi for pick-up at my villa. Taxi are plentiful in Bali. They usually arrive within a few minutes. Taxi fares are inexpensive in Bali.
We offer good breakfast to all private room guests. There are multiple choices daily. Dormitory bed rates do not include breakfast.
We have strong wi fi in most all areas of the villa, including the rooms, gazebo, balcony and outdoor verandahs. But several resort and lap top owners had experienced inconsistency in our reception in Seminyak area lately on certain periods of the day lately probably due to the bad weather.

The Management
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you are gay and looking to stay in Bali, you have to check this place out. Whether you are traveling solo or with a group (like me), it is a perfectly-situated five minute walk to the beach (ten minutes walk to the gay beach) and ten minutes by car to the gay bars. In addition, it is walkable to a bunch of great shopping areas. Beyond the location, Edwin (the owner) and his staff provide the best service I have ever received. The are very warm and accommodating. They are extremely knowledgeable about Bali (and the other islands) and will even set up trips for you. In fact, they provide some of the tours and trips themselves, which is super duper convenient and really reasonably priced, if not cheap. We were in Bali for a wedding and Edwin and his team made sure we saw everything we wanted to see and were great company when we lounged around and relaxed. Beyond all that, the place is really nice, including a warm pool, outdoor seating for meals in lush rainforest-like vegetation and other wonderful travelers. If you are going alone, this is a great place to stay because you will no doubt end up meeting lots of people from lots of places around the world. Just about each day we met new, interesting people of all ages and from all corners of the globe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jeremy2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Sunclad Villa
#106 of 208 in Kuta
Astana Batubelig Villas
Astana Batubelig Villas
#128 of 421 in Seminyak

Been to Villa Layang Bulan? Share your experiences!