“Another duck place”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Last night we went to the place next door, also claiming to have the best Ubud duck , seems everyone is on a bebek promotion.
Set in a traditional building, (bit like Biku) , had all the offerings that most have, plus European dishes.Quite a few Indonesian guests dining there mix of families,& couples.
Duck on special and variations in Bebek goreng etc.
We strated with a calamari starter, really nice. Nasi Champur & Bebek Goreng for main. Both good.
Service was attentive and efficient .
Point for the owners, would be nice if they were a little more discreet when demanding and tasting the dishes on for the night. There was an arrogance that was embarrassing , especially for the staff in front of guests.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you are not on a diet - try this place for it's famous Indonesian specialty dish - greasy duck. There are a lot of set menu options with different Indonesian meals that you can compliment your duck with. The prices are very good and it is conveniently located.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't experience the bad service as many had mentioned. It was a quiet night perhaps. Service was fast although not superb. Food came out in less than 10 mins. I don't think that they serve best crispy duck as they acclaimed. Many places in bali serve better duck. Their duck, although crispy, lack the distinct aroma pf the fatty duck skin layer. It is fried to a crisp that maybe all the fat has been rendered. Duck meat is also not juicy, too dry for my taste. However, their sambal mattah I have to say very good. The sambal compensate for the dry duck and together they still give a good review from me. I didn't try anything else, since the duck is the one thing they are famous for and put on their signage. Decent and probably will come back, due to the fact that other famous crispy ducks are way out of this area

Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all I'm amazed the waitress wanted to send a group of us away as there was no table for 5 people. We asked how long til anything is available and she shrugs her shoulder. It's absolutely pathetic. As I was talking a table had finished and I'm like "you could potentially lost us as customers tonight by sending us away and now there's a table.
Once seated.. Took forever to get us the menu and once we got our food. A mistake with our orders.
We go there quite often in the past and service just gets worst. Food is great but honestly management.. Do something about your service. It's the biggest down fall to a great restaurant.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

As I said I loved the old Warung Eropa. It had so much charm. The new place is filled with Indonesian object d'art and has great atmosphere but along the line has lost the charm it once had.

Also the last time I was there with friends they ordered the specialty duck. It looked dreadful! They said it wasn't good. I had the always great Balinese fish, spicy and yummy.

Chris has been there for 5 years that I know, and the warung would not be the same without him overseeing everything. It's just a shame that recently food for my guests was not up to scratch.