“I guess we were unlucky...”

The Buah Bali Villas
Singapore, Singapore
“I guess we were unlucky...”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

that the pipe had to break such that there's no water to use on a rainy night after our 12hr day trip today. We're dissapointed.

While the staff service is great and pool is cool (as most villas or resorts of similar price range), the unstable wifi, broken kettles and electric adapters plus having no water to use until an unknown time is not impressive. It's now 11.11pm, I hope to be able to shower and continue our relax-ourselves-silly vacation by plonking in bed to sleep soon... Dreams of soaking in bathtub poofed...

There's no road signs on the main road leading to the villa so do take down land marks so you won't lose your way walking back here. Else just hop on a Bluebird cab to come back relaxed ;) it's a vacation after all~!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CornCornz
BuahBaliVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Buah Bali Villas, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We really do apologize for your inconvenience. We will try to never happen this again. again, we are so sorry about that. We already has made our sign to stand on main road, still wanting for finishing road construction. Also,trying to upgrade Wifi again, and changed kettle. Thank you so much for your comment,we could realize our weakness. Please say thank you to your sister&brother to recommended our villas to you:) but also sorry we couldn't make your stay pleasant one... We will improve our villa :) hopefully we can have chance to see you again!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Buah Bali Villa from 10 to 13 September 2013 in 2 bedroom villa mangosteen.firstly the villa is very clean n spacious.its value dor money.the pool is also great n clean.its really a Balinese style villa.the service of the villa staff is excellent.all the staff of buah bali deserve credit for their service as they will make your stay pleasant with their welcoming service... The villa is also near to popular restaurant like Biku potato head, Sarong restaurant and many more. It's convenient and furthermore the hotel provide shuttle to kuta area.its worth staying in this villa.

• Stayed September 2013
BuahBaliVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Buah Bali Villas, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so much for stayed at the Buah Bali Villas :)
We are glad to hear that you had a good time here.

We are looking forward to see your lovely kids and family.
ofcource both of you too :) Thank you so much!
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I proposed to my girlfriend at this wonderful villa with the help of the excellent staffs. It was a surprise for my girlfriend, and with the help of the staffs and my friends, I managed to pull it off successfully. The staffs are prompt in replying my email and questions and coordinate well with my plan. They even offer a complimentary cake to celebrate my special occasion.

Although it was really a short stay for me (3 days), the staffs are very helpful in arranging whatever we need and help with my proposal plan. The hotel staffs are very honest (my friend actually left all her valuables on the table).

The stay at Buah Villa is like staying at a 2nd home in Bali. The place is huge (I stay in a 2 room villa "mangosteen"), it has 2 huge bathroom, that comes with huge bathtubs and outdoor shower. The rooms were beautiful and well equipped. I requested to have both rooms with King Size bed, and the staffs were happy to agree to my request. It quite a big private pool that actually "swim-mable" rather than a pool just for show. The living room is huge and cosy, with a mini kitchenette. Hotel staffs replenish the drinks everyday, and it comes with complimentary soft drinks. My package comes with complimentary breakfast, and i heard from my friends who arrived a day earlier than me that they do provide afternoon tea as well.

Location wise, it was rather near to the famous "Potato-head", just a street away. Walkable to Seminyak square as well.

Things to improve upon may be to have a safe located in the villa itself rather than at the counter. I'm not sure about the rationale of having the "safe" located at the counter, maybe because it will be under 24hrs supervision.

Special Thanks to staff "SHIHO" for coordinating my proposal plan and staffs of Buah Villa in setting up the pool, bed and bathroom at a very affordable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BuahBaliVillas, Guest Relations Manager at The Buah Bali Villas, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for stayed at The Buah Bali VIllas!

We were so glad to joined your proposal!!
Those decorations you&we made were so unforgettable.
also were happy to see you&your wife's smile.
Thank you so much for giving us good experience :)

If you have chance to back to Bali, please come back to stay here again.
maybe we will see your new little family member next time... :)

We are looking forward to see you again. Thank you so much!
Zürich
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I like to give my comment about Bali. It was my first stay and I just wanted to smell, to feel and to know how Bali can be. I wanted to know if I feel well there and how the people are.
I was very surprised, I arrived in the Hotel Buah Bali Villa and felt from the first moment like at home. They just informed me about everything, the shuttle bus, the breakfast, the security, 24 hours service and I got from the first moment a very good feeling.
My House or Villa Nr 4 was really my home for the time and every day when I went somewhere I looked forward to come home again then it was just the perfect world for me.
There was so much privacy, quiet, I had my small but my private home and even could swim at midnight or early morning after I waked up. For me it was the paradise and the owner did a very good job. Also the price was very good and perfect for me. I would love to have a stay like that everywhere but now I'm back in Phnom Penh and stay in Hotel-resort also nice but fare a way from the Buah Bali. Also all staff has been very friendly, they cleaned very good, filled the frigid-air and every day it was perfect. Also with the breakfast I could find a solution, then I don't eat meat, fish nor eggs so the staff had not an easy job with me but also this problem we found perfect solutions. I got perfect toast and butter and coffee with milk and fruits and I loved every morning. It came every day exactly on time.
So to the owner of Buah Bali Villas, I can tell him, that he can be very happy to have such good working staff and that he can spoil this people as much as possible. They are doing a real very good job.
I wish you much success and next time I would love to stay in Ubud but I will certainly also stay a week in Buah Bali, just to feel happy.

Room Tip: I was in Villa nr 4 and was perfect
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bruno G
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What can we say but EXCELLENT
we have just spent 2 glorious weeks with the lovely friendly staff at the Villas we stayed in the 1 bedroom Starfruit Villa arriving at the villas we were welcomed so warmly and taken straight to our villa and the doors opened onto a beautiful paradise our home for the next 2 weeks
The villas are beautiful and clean we had new bath hand and beach towels everyday, plenty of chilled water in the fridge and a dipsenser, a lovely welcoming plate of fruit and the most amazing breakfasts
Every morning the beautiful Putu would deliver our hot breakfasts and in the afternoon we had afternoon tea delivered, such a lovely touch
The pool was relaxing warm and clean and the sunloungers comfy surrounded by tropical plants
Our airconditioner wasn't too cool so the next day it ws removed and replaced!.... how is that for service

The bed was a little hard but our bed at home is a latex one and very different

We couldn't fault this amazing place in the heart of Petitenget you must add this too your list of places to stay
We will be back as we loved our stay thank you everyone we miss your big smiles and hearts xx

Mr Justin and Mrs Tania

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Me & my hubby just spent a great 5 days stay at Buah Bali. Thumbs up to all the Buah Bali staff especially: Shiho, Neny, Deva & the nightshift guy (didn't get his name). They are all very friendly & sincere & hospitable. The location is great! Stone's throw away from great restaurants like Biku, Pentitenget, La Lucciola, Potato Head etc. Am very pleased with the size of the pool as well! Lovely!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clinlinsong
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I very much enjoyed my 2 week stay in the two bedroom villa of Buah Bali. The staff are very friendly and helpful and provide free airport transfers and will drive you to Kuta or any other place near by for free (as long as you book ahead).

The villas are kept very clean and tidy. The private pool and outdoor shower was the highlight for me.
There is a kitchen with large fridge but I never had the urge to cook with enough good restaurants close by. Bottled water is provided for free.

Only points that I can think of to criticize but are no drama:
- The free wifi is very slow at times, but this usually comes with bad weather.
- The DVD's player is connected to the TV in a strange way and you need to fiddle a little with the sound system to get it all to work.

It's the perfect environment to enjoy some piece and quiet and relax.
I would return to this lovely, friendly and private hotel.

Room Tip: If you would like to be driven to the airport or to other placed, book at reception and the staff wi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Alila Seminyak
#35 of 144 in Seminyak
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#1 of 144 in Seminyak

Been to The Buah Bali Villas? Share your experiences!