“beautiful setting, good quality food”
Review of Sardine

Sardine
Ranked #27 of 234 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

loved the setting of sardine, in the rice fields and the lovely gardens surrounding the restaurant, nice intimate place where you don't feel crowded, and I especially liked the little window where you can see the chefs busy cooking.
the menu is mainly seafood, so don't come here if you don't like seafood. taking this into consideration i found it to be well priced for the quality. I ordered the thai spiced prawn salad, which was beautiful, but too small of a serving for me. even without adding more prawns, extra salad (shoots, beans, sprouts, dressing) would have sufficed. however the flavours were great, just wished there was more! The service was very good, waitstaff were attentive without being over bearing and the owner was kind enough to run through the menu to explain the dishes and specials, which I thought was extremely nice, you can tell she takes pride in her restaurant and all the dishes that they serve. really lovely restaurant and setting, I think when i come back it will be during the day again, so we can take in the lovely setting of the gardens and rice fields.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,196)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Such an impressive lay out. Set amongst rice paddies this place looks amazing. At night the paddies are lit up and it looks even better. Sardines were great as we're the sates. Will not disappoint

Reviewed August 4, 2014

If you go to no other "up market" restaurant in Bali, make sure you go to this one.
The setting is among the rice fields and is lit up at night, creating a wonderful ambience. The food is mainly seafood with a couple of meat dishes for the carnivores. Service was spot on without being in your face. Amazing experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Went to sardine for a casual business meeting over dinner. As we walked in they looked at us if we were poor people off the street, we were wearing shorts and a collard shirt with sandals , as you do in Bali. Then we were stuck in the corner at the back from the rice fields. We felt really unwelcome, the service was slow and not much variety on the menu. Staff were really snobbish, after dinner we moved to the bar, were it was a little more friendlier. Drinks are way over priced and food was average. Need some work on manners and politeness. We spent over $300 us

1  Thank John J
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We visited Sardine last Monday evening and were impressed with the setting, service and food until.....at 2.00 in the morning it started! We were really sick and it continued all next day wiping us out totally. I notified the management so they were aware to rectify the problem.I was asked to email the details of what we had eaten to them and waited 2days for a reply.
The complimentary starter was seared tuna served on small white spoons so I would assume this would have been prepared earlier to have them ready for guests on arrival.My better judgment was not to have it but succumbed and wish I hadnt.I realise it is difficult to pinpoint these things but my sister also had it and we both fell ill within half an hour of each other!
The disappointing thing is that in the reply email from Sardine they would take no responsibility for this and stated we could have caught the food poisoning anywhere even though we had only arrived in Bali the day before, and it is generally known that food poisoning hits within a few hours of food consumption. If you choose to visit this restaurant beware of warm tuna/fish dishes and don't expect any sympathy from management.
The