“Fine Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sardine

Sardine
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Fine Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had dinner at Sardine on Sunday night. Our table had a lovely view of the rice field that is surrounded by soft perimeter lighting-gives it a magical feel! The staff were terrific and worked well together. We shared the watercress, endive and crab starter-great flavours. My wife had sea bass and I had the kingfish-perfectly cooked and presented. The fish was as good as any we've had anywhere in the world! The white wine suggested by the manager was excellent. We shared a dessert- the staff moved us out to a table at the edge of the rice field for a romantic end to a great dining experience. We will return.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
singapore
“Best meal I had in Bali!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I must say that I was quite apprehensive when I read all the negative reviews and even more so when I asked my hotel to make a reservation for me and was told to re-confirm on the day itself and that the guest (me!) had to do the confirming - I guess they needed to make sure I really existed and I was serious about dining there and that it wasn't a hoax!

But all my apprehensions disappeared when I was greeted by the friendly maître d' who showed me to my table and offered me some excellent recommendations as I was spoilt for choice as to what to select. I had the foie gras pate for starters which was delicious and melted in my mouth like butter and for my main, I had the scallops and ravioli. I was initially disappointed when I saw the size of the portions, but when I'd completed it, I realised that it was perfect and left just enough room for me to have dessert. Btw, it was very good - clean flavours, not heavy and the scallops retained its natural sweetness. For dessert, I had the dessert sampler as I was spoilt for choice (again!) which was a brilliant decision (even if I do say so myself!) and I don't remember leaving a single morsel on my plate despite being pretty full by then. I will most definitely go back to dine at Sardine again on my return trip to Bali!

• Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Make sure you dine here. Sardine was recommended by a friend in Australia when I told them we were staying in Seminyak. We were lucky as we were a group of five and arrived at 6:00pm on a Friday and still managed to get in (many didn't if they hadn't pre-booked). So plan well and book ahead, dress up nicely and enjoy a beautiful dining experience. Nice views over rice paddies, pools with fish and Balinese style building create a beautiful ambience. All meals were excellent and service was above and beyond expectations.

Visited March 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Our favourite restaurant in the world!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have dined at Sardine many times over the last few years and loved every single visit. The food is superb, the service always top class and the outlook AMAZING.
I love the raspberry and mint iced tea ( it looks just as good as it tastes) and the spicy prawn salad is delicious and faultless - always seasoned perfectly, but the highlight of my meal is always the incredible desserts. They look like a piece of art and taste even better. In such a hot climate I don't find myself seeking a sweet fix but in Sardine it is impossible to resist, and it is the dessert I dream of until I visit them again. My favourite is the choc fondant filled with raspberry and white choc, its a dessert miracle as far as I'm concerned. As a cook I cannot begin to imagine how it is crafted and it's so good it is hard to go past and try another on the menu but fortunately this trip they had added a dessert taster platter so I could have a mini fondant as well as try 3 other fantastic dishes.
We have travelled throughout the world and dined in some fabulous places but this restaurant is our solid favourite,.Friends we have recommended to visit also rate it on their list of amazing restaurants and we are always thanked post visit for adding to their Bali holiday:)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank yummo t
Livorno, Italy
“Perfect for lunch to escape from the heat of the day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Sardine turned out to be the perfect choice for lunch in one of those super hot days in Bali. Our experience was quite pleasant from the start as we enjoyed seating under the shelter provided by a bamboo pavilion facing the greenery of paddy fields, while having a refreshing juice and a cold beer. The whole time, the service was extremely friendly and attentive, however a bit slow with the drinks.

The lunch menu offers a good selection of appetizers, salad and main courses. All what we tried was very good and very well presented: Gazpacho (perfect for that time of the day), Yellow fin tuna tartate (beautiful), the sardines of course (very fresh and extremely tasty with the right amount of sea salt) and creamy risotto.

Spend a few hours there, relaxing and contemplating the views before going back to the buzz of Seminyak and the beach. Strongly recommended.

• Visited February 2014