“wow Sardine”
Review of Sardine

Sardine
Ranked #19 of 199 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“wow Sardine”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned to sardine again.We both had Scnapper with a quinoa salad,was excellent.Fish was cooked to perfection .Was unable to fit in dessert,but from previous desserts they are up there!!! The ambience is fabulous a lounge area to enjoy desserts & coffee overlooking the rice paddies.Staff are very professional friendly.You have to book but don't miss this restaurant.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Divine setting and ambiance, food so-so.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Highs-

The restaurant itself is really beautiful. The 3 of us rated this one of the best restaurants we visited (and we visited all the top ones) for style, decor and ambiance. Inside and out its is stunning.
The owner came to our table and chatted with us, answering our questions and queries about the place, the food and herself. A really nice touch.
We sat at a large, round, front table overlooking the rice fields, beautifully lit at night. Photos on TA don't do it justice- go to their website to see it properly.
Lovely tableware.
Grilled whole fish 'Jimbaran' style was amazing (but it was just/only the fish, no accompaniments AT ALL, just a parsley decoration.
Prices were very reasonable for food.

Lows-

The booking process- we went in and booked. Were asked to confirm the booking on the day before 2pm. We were out all day from 8am till 6pm (hired a driver for the day for snorkelling in East Bali, lunch in Manguss and a visit to Ubud) Asked the hotel to call and confirm for us. When we got back they told us the restaurant required us to call in person and would not accept their call. Seriously? Get over yourselves. I had to call then myself.

When we arrived we were seated in the back of the restaurant- the only people there as everyone else was out in the front section. We were not happy with this and asked if we could sit in the 'lounge' area for a drink while we waited for a table to become available, which is what we did.

The food was extremely disappointing. The Crab Tower was not a tower, just a timbale. Worse, it had no flavour or taste. This was not just me as 2 of us had it. My Pan Seared Snapper had little taste and was overcooked. The Barramundi steamed in banana leaf lacked any discernible ginger taste- none. The dessert tasting plate was ok but not great as it should have been. The Apple Tarte Tatin had a hard biscuit base not the usual soft pastry- the apples though were caramelised to perfection.

We so wanted to love this place but too many negatives about it for this. Not sure I would go back again or recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Love this”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Only one down fall, three years running, booked three weeks in advance, no booking. This is the only thing that annoys me time and time again. Book on the web site, get to booking, sorry we don't take reservations on the site....no booking... Next tie try site, then call for booking week before. Staff state call on day to confirm. No, I don't have time confirm now please. Get to resturant, no booking. Over it, there are many five star restaurants in Bali, sarong, métis just to name a few that I never ever have trouble with. I'm giving sardines a miss next time.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank kirisydney
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Love this place...”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was recommended by a friend to have lunch here back in Apr13 when we visited Bali for a mini reunion. We're so glad we came here. It's such a beautiful restaurant. As soon as you come in, your view is extended all the way from the entrance to the end of the world by a beautiful green pastures of paddy field. It is magnificent and whoever comes up with this concept design is brilliant.

It totally changes my perspective of typical restaurants in a certain cubicle scaled land with four walls. Sardine has no four walls and everything is so natural and back to mother earth. The food is really good. We had tuna tartar for entree, grilled snapper and seafood risotto. The service is also very good. They have extensive drinks selection at the bar.

I felt like I could totally relax in this place and spend the whole day! but unfortunately I had a plane to catch after that :-( I will be back for sure!

• Visited April 2013
“All time favourite restaurant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is about the forth time I have eaten at Sardine in the past 4 years and it is consistently brilliant. The staff don't miss a beat and the food is incredible. If you love seafood, a great atmosphere, stunning views over the rice paddy and delicious cocktails and wine, this place is not to be missed. Hands down my favourite restaurant in the world!

Visited September 2013