“Worth Visiting”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This restaurant offers a great menu and they deliver quality dishes. Service by the staff is exceptionally good.
The only downside is the restaurant is not cooled enough, they have inadequate ceiling fans and becomes very uncomfortable whilst dining. Other than this, pretty much a faultless performance by this restaurant.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My initial impressions of Sardine, were decidedly negative. Despite having made the reservation eight days previously from Jakarta, the staff claimed to have no record of it. Luckily, my companion and I were able to have a drink in the seated area overlooking beautiful rice padis while we waited. After about 45 minutes, we were shown to a table.
The menu is surprisingly limited, with about 10 main courses to choose from. I opted for mixed seafood pasta while my girlfriend chose panache of yellowfin tuna, kingfish and tiger prawn. The food arrived promptly was was incredible. The seafood was cooked to perfection and the portions were generous without being excessive. This was my seventh trip to Bali, and this is the best food I have eaten. Reluctantly, highly recommended!

1  Thank cibuburmark
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It took a long time trying to decide on a restaurant for the evening; something special, romantic and not ridiculously overpriced. Thank god I picked the right one! From the minute we arrived we had 3 guards out the front stopping traffic so we could cross the road, beautiful friendly welcome from our hosts. The table was private and spacious by the pond.

We were always happily attended to and never wishing for anything. Service was impeccable. There was a mixed bowl of homemade warm breads and an amuse bouche (fish civiche) served while we waited to order (compliments). We delighted in 2 cocktails, an entree each (smoked sardines and the quail were delicious) and a main each (Jimbaran whole fish and Snapper). We were fully satisfied with the whole dining experience, We then moved to the lounge overlooking the padi fields for another cocktail until we were ready to go home.

Pleasantly surprised with a bill of 1mill rp ($100) and we were happy to leave a sizable tip on top of the 8% service charge. Really a gem of a place and they make you feel like the only diners there. You can't beat that beautiful atmosphere of music, ponds, rice fields and lit umbrellas and statues under a bamboo roof.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend and I just got home from Bali, and Sardine would have to be the dining highlight of the whole trip. The atmosphere/view/setting is amazing, the wait staff were impeccable on a world standard and best of all, the food was stunning. We started with cocktails in the lounge area (served with complimentary yummy vegetable crisps), before heading into the restaurant for dinner. I had the Barramundi & Ginger Vegetables steamed in banana leaf, served with organic white rice, every bite a dream. My friend had the seafood pasta, and couldn't rave enough, and my sneaky taste agreed. The price was amazing reasonable, sure it is expensive in respects to other places in Bali, but given the level of food/service/atmosphere, a total bill for 2, with 6 cocktails coming in at just over $130 was worth every cent (and probably a lot more). I can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I was blown away by Sardine.

We stayed in Seminyak for one week and visited Slippery Stone, Metis, Sarong and La Lucciola. But this was stand out.

The venue has to be seen to be believed, the food was outstanding and the service was incredible. There was even a half decent wine list, which we found was hard to come by in Bali.

The only minor complaint I have was in relation to the bathroom facilities which I think could be better.

But otherwise it was on par with any experience in a top restaurant in Australia or Europe without the top restaurant prices.

I would highly recommend.