“Lovely restaurant”

Jemme
Ranked #15 of 196 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: European, Asian, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in a stylish and comfortable environment, Jemme offers casual dining in elegant and fully air-conditioned surroundings. From tasty lunch offerings to enticing dinner options & an extensive cocktail & wine list, we use fresh ingredients to create delicious home cooked food. Specialities include our sharing plates, baked portobello mushroom, cumberland pie, lobster & prawn thermidor, iced coffee souffle & of course our famous weekend roasts. And if that isn’t enough to satisfy your appetite, you could always opt for a spot of retail therapy in our beautiful adjoining fine jewellery store.
singapore
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Fantastic food, lovely atmosphere and good service.
We went there one of the night at seminyak the restaurant is easy to find even look welcoming from the outside. Once you enter inside the restaurant you feel so comfortable. We ordered crispy duck salad, local dish ayam soto and oven baked chicken finish with a chocolate dessert everything are delicious. Definitely worth the try!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
“Average food, a little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

After dining at Chandi the night before we were disappointed with our meal at Jemme. The starter share plate was just okay and my husband's babi guling was not a shade on Ibu Oka in Ubud. My Bintang beef was tasty and well cooked. The desserts were nice but the pastry on the lemon tart tasted a little under-cooked. The cocktails were nice but there was a limited choice when it came to wine by the glass. The restaurant was interesting and quaint. We were guided to a table outside initially but requested to be inside because traffic was noisy, this was a smoking area and there were terrible views of a derelict site next door.....I would say request a table indoors. The food was average price and not cheap. I would say Chandi felt like much better value for money in this area.

Fremantle, Australia
“Opulent Oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

The restaurant/shop is located at the northern end of Jl Petitenget in Kerobokan, just north of Seminyak, and as we walked there it seemed to take forever in the miday heat but my girlfriend was determined to visit the jewelry store so I really didn't have a choice in the matter. Anyway once we arrived and she had perused all the jewelry, she suggested that we stay and have lunch. I was a bit reluctant, yes, I was put off by the decor. It is very ornate and 'girly' - gilt mirrors, glass chandeliers, framed jewelry etc but I managed to get over that (maybe because it was ariconditoned and I didn't fancy going outside at the time).
In saying all that the couch seats were comfortable and relaxing don't know about the french furniture at the other tables. There was only a few other people in the cafe at the time so it was peaceful and tranquil.
The service was extremely efficient and attentive. The food was really good, I can't remember what my girlfriend had but I had the duck maryland, which was tender and moist served with rice and traditional Balinese sauce called sambal matah (nice and spicy - just how I like it). We decided on ordering desert but were stuck on making a choice so we ordered the mixed desert: banana custard, chocolate cake etc, which I have to say was an inspired selection - I don't think we left a crumb in the end.
The bathroom is a unisex design - boys to the left and girls to the right & you meet in the middle to wash your hands - very clean and well maintained.
The prices were slightly higher than other cafes we had visited but the food was worth the price. In the end I was pleasantly suprised and thought that it was a nice little oasis - worth the visit.

3 Thank Dingo_dude
Turin, Italy
“It was a great restaurant for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

It was a great restaurant for us. We came here after read the positive reviews on Tripadvisor
We were very pleased and had such a warm and relaxing time
Extremely nice food, really enjoyed our cocktails
The staffs were friendly and it was nice. We really recommend this restaurant

Nottingham England
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

My partner and I have just been to the Cafe Jemme - this place does not dissapoint!! Its beautiful to look at and has wonderful food and service!
We had the starter plate for 2 as recommended and it was fantastic - I won't spoil this....
After that I had the shredded duck salad and my partner had the fillet of beef - both wonderful and cooked to perfection! (not quite like beef from home but its about the nearest he has had in our 5 months in asia!)
We had to drink 1 cocktail - cosmo and 2 beers...
Couldn't manage desert as was too full - next time no starter and desert instead!
As no-one has reviewed the price I will - this meal all up including the service charge and tax that they add in Bali came to $43 (australian).....I thought this was bloody good
value!
The only scary price was the price of cocktails but alas I think is the same throughout Bali - if a person wants anything other than a beer you have to pay a good $8-9 which is good if you have just arrived from Oz but not good if you fancy a night out on budget... Beer cost about $2.50 for a small one, wine by the glass about $8, Cocktails $8-10....
We will be back great place!!!