“We will come back !”
Review of Villa M Bali

Villa M Bali
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa M Bali
Ranked #65 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Atlanta, Georgia
“We will come back !”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We will come Back!

Away from city traffic this villa M is recommended. We stayed for 7 nights and we feel like only 3 nights stay. Even away from traffic does not mean the distance to find crowd is far, it is only takes about 10 min to Seminyak or 25 min to Kuta by car and it is easy to find a taxi, just ask the staff to arrange for you.

The staffs always are honest if it will take a while to fulfill our request.

The villa has big clean private pool and we love it. From your poolside, you can see the green rice view and when it’s clear sky, you can see the sunset in distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
hpngkong
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights away from the crowded of Kuta and Seminyak in this place was the right choice.

We booked for 5 bedrooms and were very impressed with the accommodation and the staff who were so pleased to accommodate our request. The villa was great and we also have our own private pool which is well maintained.

The outside garden is green and we like it.

I stayed in the one bedroom private pool villa with my wife and my family stayed in the four bedroom. We always spend to see the sunset from distance while sitting on the pool side with a cup of coffee.

On the last night we have booked BBQ in our villa and we feels like home.
We will definetly come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are frequent travellers to Bali and always try to get over there at least once a year. We loved the place and its people so much that we even got married there.

But in all the years we have visited Bali never have we encountered such disgraceful service - and this is before we even get there!

We have been in contact with only one person, Fein, and this experience has been enough to shadow our whole perspective of this country.

First of all they expect you to pay upfront and in full prior to your arrival. This I have never encountered before in our travels to Indonesia, Europe, Malyasia, Singapore, Thailand, China and NZ. Even Ayana Resort didn't require full payment prior to our arrival and we got married there! Fein explained that this is the policy for all villa rentals in Bali and that they all collectively adhere to this. After a bit of investigating I found this to be true so I acquiesced. I was then told that the charges will be billed to our credit card (with a 3% surchagrge) over the next few days. Fine - all good.

I then go to check my credit card statement online and to my great delight (saracsm) we have been billed twice. Now if they only charged a 30-50% deposit like all other establishments then whilst this would be exceptionally frustrating it would still be manageable. But as we had to pay the full 7 nights accomodation in advance, including the surcharge, and including the foreing transaction fees we are now looking at a huge amount sitting on our credit card - and all this twice!

Now a true mark of a professional business is how they handle these types of problems. But unlike other professional businesses Fein decided to approach this situation by apportioning the blame on everybody else. First he tried to blame our bank - how my bank could charge twice for a transaction that somebody else put through is beyond me. Then he tried to blame their bank. But because it is most likely their banks fault then its not their problem and funnily enough its now our problem!

There has been no geunine attempt at an apology, there has been no offers of conessions, there has been no assistance or inclination to try and get to the bottom of this. I have asked for a complete refund and cancellation and this has been ignored. I have asked to speak to the manager and this has been ignored.

How I am meant to sort this out with THEIR bank from a different country is beyond me. Now I have wasted hours emailing Fein and contacting my bank to take this to the Dispute Tribunal and meanwhile I am paying interest (twice!) on accomodation that I have no interest in visiting!

So do yourselves a favour and think long and hard before booking your stay at this establishment. Whilst these things can and do happen and are usually outside a hotel's control, the onus is still on them to make sure that the issues are resolved as quickly and with minimum fuss and stress. Never blame the clients and you most certainly never expect them to handle the problem! It seems they are overly quick to get your money and that seems to be where the service ends.

Beautiful hotels, resorts and villas are ubiquitous in Bali so please look elsewhere and save yourselves the hassle. I don't want anyone else to go through what we are going through, there are enough complications in every day life without having to go through it when trying to book a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Button255100
feinw, Owner at Villa M Bali, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your comment about us, with all due respect we would like to share again the real story;

Our villa rental terms & conditions and the 3% bank surcharge fee will be added on the top of the total payment was informed to you before you confirming your reservation and it was written very clearly on the credit card authorization form that we attached on the invoice we send to you.

After we received your email on Friday, which is claimed that we have charged your credit card twice, we right away directly sent the receipt of settlement to you end of proved, as well checked with our bank by bunch of phone calls and emails.
Few hours later we received an email from our bank confirmed that there is only one transaction being made and recorded on their system.

We strongly push our bank to investigate the "Double Charged" case again meanwhile we agreed to refund full villa rental payment plus foreign transaction fee in AUD which showed on your credit card e-statement as per your request, even though it stated on our cancellation policy that rental payment is non refundable.

The first day after weekend, we received an email from our bank saying that there was an error with their system which was caused their system worked incorrectly.
All funds (plus foreign transaction fees), was being transfer back to your account in two days after that, in AUD, with the exact amount you being charged.

And we believe you were on cc with the outgoing and incoming emails, from us to the bank and from the bank to us.

We personally sent our apology to you on behalf of the bank and responding you that our villa manager is only responsible of daily operational, not reservation department. But our apology means nothing to you until you spread this review.
Bank's system error was beyond human control, and there is no one to blame or to be blame from us. Judging us "distinguish" by not offering you further discount as in a matter of fact the rate we offered to you has been discounted.

Thank you for your review and have a great moment to share.
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Staying in Villa M was one of the best decision we made on our second trip to bali. The staff will make you feel absolutely like a spoiled princess. The scented laundry is amazing...I mean everything just smells so great! If you happen to want to stay in Villa M with friends or family, I will suggest that you try their amazing barbecue. One of the reasons we chose Villa M is because it is not in the center of the city which means it is quiet and allows their guests to relax. The pool is clean and great and the view of the paddy field adds an authentic feel. Around Villa M there are two great french and italian restaurants that we genuinely enjoyed.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are great but the rooms on the second floor are more sunny.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is beyond a 5 star hotel standard. Fantastic Ambiance very spacious villa with own private pool. lots of green and vegetation around the villa. quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed at Villa M as part of the bridal party for the review already posted by JoJoKen1984.

Villa M was a fantastic experience. The Villa has the best of both worlds, because the Villa is only a short 10-20minute drive in to town (depending of the traffic really) but it's distant enough to feel like you have your own private slice of paradise. It's an even shoter drive to local beaches. Transport in and out was never a problem, whether we wanted to use the Villa's chauffeur or ask them to book cabs. When we got cabs, the staff always called us when they arrived so we didn't even have to wait around at the front, and the staff always ensured the drivers knew where to take us and to ensure that we didn't go on any 'scenic' routes.

The Villa had a constant security presence that was unobtrusive, but reassuring. In any event, we never felt unsafe there, or anywhere in Bali and settled in like a home for our stay.

The Villas are beautiful, the gardens fantastic. The amenities were all good. There was never an issue with the pools, the gym etc.

I stayed in the main Villa in the detached dwelling with two bedrooms/two bathrooms (one with ensuite and a very large main bathroom between the two rooms). The bedroom dwarfed any hotel room. Although the other buildings had some minor issues with air conditioning (which the staff addressed as quickly as they could and were apologetic for), my building/room never had any issues at all and was perfect. It was just like I would have expected from a stay in paradise.

The beds were huge, the linen crisp and clean, the pillows comfortable. The furnishings were all good. The bathrooms (in the whole Villa) are stunning and 5 star. The pools were brilliant. The staff kept the place clean and tidy.

The food was quite good. Occasionally the portions were small, but for the prices you can easily afford to buy more if you have a big appetite and they can recommend some nice restaurants around the place.

The staff were absolutely fantastic. They were incredibly friendly if you wanted to engage with them, and always very polite. They were unseen alot of the time and give you alot privacy, but very responsive if you needed anything.

As for the wedding, the Villa staff and owner sure know how to put on a great event and catered extremely well.

I cannot recommend this place more highly, and wish I'd posted a review sooner (I couldn't put my travel time from the menu, but it was actually in September 2010). If I go back to Bali I will definitely try to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bmoll1983
Sydney
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We rented the 1 and 4 bedroom villa for a 5 night stay (our first trip to Bali). Arrived stressed and tired, leave chilled and rested. Staff were amazing and coped with all our indecision and rescedhuling wonderfully. The Villa is an oasis of quiet with wonderful vistas of rice paddies, birds visit , frogs croak and little lizards take the little offerings lit at your doorway at dawn. Hotel staff arrange beauty treatments, horse riding, recommend water sports and anything else your heart desires. Most comfortable bed ever, gorgeous bathroom and as much privacy as you want. Pools are large enough to stretch out in and deep blue with frangipani flowers drifting down to float on the water.
Like Arnie says - "we'll be back".

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family