“Lacking flexibility”
Review of Metis

Metis
Ranked #19 of 201 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: MÉTIS Restaurant, Lounge and Gallery is a sensory dining experience that embraces the sheer pleasures of living. With the recently opened lounge and beautiful garden, MÉTIS brings High Tea to a whole other level, a must try if you visit Bali. Flawless service in one of Bali's most elegantly sophisticated settings is just the beginning of this seduction into the depths of the five senses. MÉTIS is as fresh and sumptuous as the cuisine that graces its tables.
Singapore, Singapore
“Lacking flexibility”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Food was great although we had a bottle of whiskey we were hoping to enjoy. Although we offered to pay corkage, and also had a couple of bottle of wines for a party of 9, the staff refused to let us open the bottle. Was quite disappointed at their lack of flexibility.

Will be hard to consider a return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ianxteo
MetisBali, MÉTIS Management at Metis, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Ianxteo,

Greetings from MÉTIS Restaurant & Gallery!

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent visit to our restaurant.

We apologize if your visit was not a delightful one.
We have recently issued a policy not to allow any BYO (bring your own).

However we do appreciate your valuable feedback on our service.
We will use it to keep improving our quality more and more.

Hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Thank you very much.

MÉTIS Management

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing Night Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Before visiting Bali I was recommended by a friend to visit Metis and book well in advance.
I'm so glad I did. I had Made a reservation for a friends birthday and staff were attentive to our every need. Food was of a high standard and there wasn't one thing we ordered that disappointed us.
I cant believe there are negative reviews on this Restaurant.
Its hard for me to believe. The Fois Gras was to die for and I'm so glad I ordered it!!! it melted in the mouth and was cooked to perfection.
I had asked for staff to do a dessert for us for the birthday girl and "Right On Cue" they were there singing to my friend!!!!
A memorable evening and on our next visit to Bali we will be back.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Incredible!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

One of the most amazing culinary dining experiences of my life! The moment we walked in I was in awe of the ambience and setting. The service was very attentive but the food.....OMG! The flavours, presentation and menu choice were 10/10. Could not fault this restaurant at all. A must visit place for those of you who appreciate good food and wine.

• Visited December 2013
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
“Truly Pathetic ...”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Given my recent meal at Metis, I felt that i had to provide some feedback to the overall experience. I been to Metis many times and this by far rates as one of the more disappointing ones.

Advanced notice was provided as we ordered a degustation menu for 9 adults. Menus came 2 days before. And payment was made for the meal perhaps a week out from the dinner date on 7 Dec. We had also informed the restaurant that this was a Bday dinner hosted by myself for my wife.

Food taste was good as expected. Other than one guest who turned away his pigeon that was too red. All the dishes were superb. No offer of replacement was made for this said guest. So that was perhaps one of many service lapses that destroyed the evening.

These were the rest.

1. None of your wait staff even knew who I was - or for that matter who was the host at the table. Orders were taken randomly. Drinks were served haphazardly. Still or sparkling water, wines etc none of those orders came through me. At no time did any of your host identify me as the one who overseeing the dinner. This despite me heading back to the hostess table 5-10 mins after my arrival to try and sort this dinner out.

2. Food was excellent. Kudos to the chef. Only other complain was the time between courses. I cannot imagine for the course between pigeon and tenderloin that my guest were made to wait 10-20 mins for the next course. So to me- either time better, or don't clear the plates so quickly.

3. Right at the start- one course/ canapés was sent to the table mistakenly. Just left there. We had to speak to the staff. Everyone wondered why it was there. No apologies offered.

4. Worse of all- at no time did anyone check with me on how the meal was proceeding.

5. Short of a waiter who introduced my main course- none of your servers introduced the dishes they were serving as part of part of the overall experience.

How do I surmise this experience? Given the pre planing in sorting our menus and paying up front- food was good- but a restaurant like Metis I would not come just for the food alone. Service was pathetic cookie cutter and inpersonal. Failing on many counts as above. And on many of those failures- on very fundamental fronts.

I wrote to Metis after the dinner and all that was offered were standard apologies devoid of any acknowledgement of what went wrong.

Metis- you really failed and disappointed me. What I can only say is come here for small parties, devoid of any expectations of basic good service. Kitchen is superb i strongly believe. But if the front of the
House is this bad- then I suggest you check out the many other better offerings in Bali before this.

2 Thank leong34
Dear Mark,

Greetings from MÉTIS Restaurant & Gallery!

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent visit to our restaurant.

We apologize if your last experience with us was not a pleasant one.

However we do appreciate your valuable feedback on our service.

We will use it to keep improving our quality more and more.

Hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Thank you very much.

MÉTIS Management
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best wine in Bali”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Metis is a beautiful restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. We dined at 6.30 and it was great to watch the sun go down. We walked around the garden and rice paddy ponds in between courses. The food was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the creme brulee. The portions were large and worth the money. Metis has the best wine selection in Bali, it is expensive (like most alcohol in Bali).