“Excellent Dinner”
Review of Metis

Metis
Ranked #19 of 202 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: MÉTIS Restaurant, Lounge and Gallery is a sensory dining experience that embraces the sheer pleasures of living. With the recently opened lounge and beautiful garden, MÉTIS brings High Tea to a whole other level, a must try if you visit Bali. Flawless service in one of Bali's most elegantly sophisticated settings is just the beginning of this seduction into the depths of the five senses. MÉTIS is as fresh and sumptuous as the cuisine that graces its tables.
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We dined as a group of 18 and split into three adjacent tables of six. This worked well and each table started and finished its meal at its own pace (and with separate bills), but we all finished within about 15 minutes of each other.

The menu is extensive with something for everyone. I was a bit worried that quality might be compromised by such a large menu but my worries were needless - every dish that came out was fresh-tasting and delicious. Folks at my table had a wide range of things, including foie gras, sashimi, pasta (the lobster linguine was delicious) and steak (entrecote).

The wine list is extensive (and at Bali prices). The cocktails were well mixed and as always much better value than the wine.

The physical setting of the restaurant is stunning with beautiful lily ponds at the back to overlook while enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail.

I will definitely be returning on my next visit to Bali.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We dined at Metis for lunch and it was fantastic value for money.The menu is extensive and the food we all had was beautifully presented and delicious. We were seated overlooking the Lilly ponds...divine. Service is very attentive but not intrusive.

Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous Dinner!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Metis....food was awesome. We ordered two different dishes of Fois Gras, lobster linguini and soup, US aged tenderloin, raspberry soufflé, they were all so delicious, two cocktails. Definitely on the high end for price for Bali but it isn’t so expensive for fine dining considering on the number of dishes we had. The setting of the restaurant is luxurious but yet serene. Lotus garden was beautiful at night, service from Ketut had made the evening a tad more wonderful. Recommend to book so you get better views.

Sydney
“Amazing and beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Although there were a number of tables we were not seated right at the end of the garden which I wasn't too happy about but did not say anything, having said that the night got much, much better from there on. I noticed that a big leaf with our name in silver was on the table which gave it a special touch. The service from the moment we were seated was outstanding. The waitstaff were professional and so attentive and were on hand to help me in to my seat after I went for a walk to look at the restaurant. The cocktails were delicious and the food was just out of this world! We had the trio of tartare to start and the tuna three ways. Delicious entrees and looked amazing too. For main I was feeling a bit full and ordered the duo of tempura and my husband ordered the lobster linguini, and I have to say the linguini was be if the best that I have had. You could really taste the seafood but it was not at all overpowering, just delicately balanced. For dessert we had the chocolate dome which was like an exquisite chocolate mousse and it was just divine! Metis is a beautiful restaurant and sets the standard for exquisite dining in the Seminyak area. Our new favourite! All up it was around $160 for both of us...expensive by Bali standards but certainly a bargain when you consider the surroundings of the restaurant, the service and the quality of food. For a comparable restaurant back home (and there isn't one) it would cost probably three times that much. A must go if in Bali.

• Visited August 2013
Wellington
“very pleasant lunch”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

food here is very similar to sardine its stable mate. Food is well made and presented. service is excellent. Recommended and would go back