“Best dinner of the trip!”
Review of Metis

Metis
Ranked #20 of 200 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: MÉTIS Restaurant, Lounge and Gallery is a sensory dining experience that embraces the sheer pleasures of living. With the recently opened lounge and beautiful garden, MÉTIS brings High Tea to a whole other level, a must try if you visit Bali. Flawless service in one of Bali's most elegantly sophisticated settings is just the beginning of this seduction into the depths of the five senses. MÉTIS is as fresh and sumptuous as the cuisine that graces its tables.
Singapore, Singapore
“Best dinner of the trip!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Metis is a very beautiful restaurant, with a lovely atmosphere and fantastic food! My husband and I ate there on the second last night of our trip, the restaurant was full that night but the service was still very good and as it was quite a warm night, we asked for a fan to be set up near our table and that was no problem at all. For starters my husband had the sashimi of tuna and I had the zucchini flowers but presented beautifully and both tasting perfect. For mains I had the rack of lamb and my husband had the linguine with lobster and seafood, which he claims to be the best he has ever eaten and he has tasted many seafood pasta dishes during our travels! We didnt make to to dessert as we quite too full, which was disappointing as the menu looked delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it was the best dining experience of our time in Bali.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Does 2 out of 3 things well.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I will start by pointing out that I am an American and overwhelming numbers of reviewers of this restaurant, and patrons while I was there, are Australian. I point his out only because my frame of reference is different and Australians might relate better to reviews from other Aussies rather than an American. Anyway...

Metis is set in a beautiful spot with a gorgeous building housing the restaurant and expansive, well maintained and beautiful grounds around it. From a visual perspective, Metis delivers. The service, as has been my experience in almost all of Bali, was outstanding. Attentive but not overbearing. Quiet, efficient and always curteous.Metis's employees delivered a great performance. Part 3, the food, is where Metis falls flat. I think they claimed to be French in nature and, having been to France many, many times, there was very little French about it other than the names of the dishes. Our meals were pedestrian at best and had little flavor. Dishes were unimaginative and again, not French. By Bali standards, pricing was high as well. To justify the price, food needed to be far better than it was.

I would advise people to skip the hype and avoid an overpriced medioce meal. If you want to see the beautiful grounds, stop in around sunset for a drink and move elsewhere for dinner.

In short, I cannot recommend this restaurant for it's primary purpose, which is the food.

1 Thank jcabbage
Singapore, Singapore
“Added bonus, Cristiano Ronaldo a few table away.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The presentation of the food rivals any Michelin restaurant, very good food and atmosphere. Very good attention to details, particularly I admired the little towel that swells up once you deep it in water. What a nice touch! Come dress casual chic. You never know who might be dinning next to you!

Sydney, Australia
“fabulous”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had dinner at Metis with another 7 including my wife. We could not fault the food or service, my Shashimi followed by pork belly was delightful. there were only compliments about the meals from the rest of the table, not one complaint, which is unusual in a group of our size.

• Visited May 2013
Singapore
“Fantastic French Food!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I personally do not have much knowledge of the restaurants in Bali and it was organized by a friend.

Thus with no expectations, one would then be able to provide a very unbiased view of the meal. The meal was fantastic. From the beginning to the end, each dish was great! The best I would say is the Souffle which was recommended by another friend at the start of the meal. It'll be best to order the Souffle at the start of the placement of the orders as it requires approximately 20 minutes to be prepared.

An interesting part of the restaurant is that it's also tied in with a Gallery. That made it rather fun to walk around while waiting for dinner. Or I would also so, very well played by the restaurant management.

1 Thank wanderingabout00