“My #2 choice in Seminyak area”
Review of Metis

Metis
Ranked #20 of 210 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: MÉTIS Restaurant, Lounge and Gallery is a sensory dining experience that embraces the sheer pleasures of living. With the recently opened lounge and beautiful garden, MÉTIS brings High Tea to a whole other level, a must try if you visit Bali. Flawless service in one of Bali's most elegantly sophisticated settings is just the beginning of this seduction into the depths of the five senses. MÉTIS is as fresh and sumptuous as the cuisine that graces its tables.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

great food, romantic setting. go for chef signature dishes and there is no room for mistake. must do fine dining if you are in the area for few days.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The one and only restaurant in Bali
This is not my first visit to Metis ,very good food, the best Foie Gras and cote de Boeuf,
Great wine ,and the staff is very professional and always smiling.
I will be back soon

1  Thank MauritiusPascal
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have dined here many times and our most recent lunch left us with disappointment and reluctance to ever return. My roquette salad, using wild roquette, was not trimmed so I was constantly picking at the leaves to avoid the long thick stem that the chef had not bothered to cut off. My friend ordered a fillet of Baramundi and was served with a dark grey 1 cm thick piece of fish which she couldn't eat. One would think that a restaurant of this calibre would have better quality control. Their Thai Fish cake special was dry and inedible. For us, Metis is our 'special occasion' restaurant but now with their standards waning and much more local competition I certainly won't be rushing back.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

i dined at metis twice in march 2012 and was left craving their 14 hour pork belly and desserts. when i returned in november 2012 the food was as great as i had remembered. so great,that over my 10 days in bali i dined at metis 3 times!!!
the service is great, the atmosphere is pleasant and the food is to die for (especially the bread and butter!!!). the ice cold lemon scented hand towels are a nice refresher too!
keep up the great work metis, i will be back very soon!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ate at Metis last night with a party of 4 and it was superb!!! Pre-dinner drinks in the very laid back bar area with a round of well made cocktails with no pressure to be moved to our table. The staff here are all very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable without being intrusive. Questions we had regarding the menu and ingredients were answered without hesitation. For entree I selected the tartare trio consisting of salmon, crab and tuna and it was one of the best dishes I have ever had the pleasure of devouring. My husband had escargot which he also enjoyed. For mains he decided on the rabbit which was tender and delicious while I opted for the foie gras ravioli which arrived as a small (but perfectly portioned) 3 pieces of ravioli. It was sublime. 2 desserts were shared ( or should I say demolished) by our group of 4 in record time. This was certainly the best meal I have had in my trips to Bali and I will certainly go again. Pricey by Bali standards but great value for money. A meal this standard in Sydney would be at least twice the price. Our one criticism is that they allow smoking! This really impacted on our overall enjoyment and its something that really needs to be addressed. We would have thought a smoking area could be designated so us non-smokers can enjoy the amazing aromas emitting from our plates without inhaling our neighbours 2nd hand smoke! The decor and atmosphere is truly fabulous and there was an interesting mix of diners, culturally and age wise.