“Disappointed”
Review of Metis

Metis
Ranked #19 of 206 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: MÉTIS Restaurant, Lounge and Gallery is a sensory dining experience that embraces the sheer pleasures of living. With the recently opened lounge and beautiful garden, MÉTIS brings High Tea to a whole other level, a must try if you visit Bali. Flawless service in one of Bali's most elegantly sophisticated settings is just the beginning of this seduction into the depths of the five senses. MÉTIS is as fresh and sumptuous as the cuisine that graces its tables.
Canberra
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Lovely five star atmosphere but was told on arrival at 8:30pm, without a booking, that I had to sit in the lounge if I wanted to eat as all the available tables had been booked. We chose to sit in the lounge and asked twice if we could relocate to tables that were becoming free and was refused. The cigarette smoke wafting over us was less than acceptable, especially during the meal. By the time we left the restaurant was only half full and I just have no idea why we were refused a table which took the shine of what was quality food but not best enjoyed in the surrounds.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Michael S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco / Singapore
“Very Good but Missing Some Detail”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

On my third visit to Metis in as many years, I was delighted as always with the stellar environment. Metis is truly beautiful, with something to discover at every glance. The new ponds and outdoor seating in the back are a lovely addition. I wish I could be so positive about the service. While friendly and adequate, the staff don't seem to know anything about the food or wine. If they do, they weren't sharing any secrets with our group last night. Cocktails were mostly a miss-two of eight guests sent theirs back. Wine by the glass is very limited for a restaurant of this calibre. I had an Australian Shiraz that was decent enough. The fois gras menu is a fun element at Metis, with a variety of cold and hot options. I tried the fois gras sushi roll, which was excellent and a pretty good value. For the second course I had a warm goat cheese dish with beets. Another guest had the same and loved it, but I found it to be lacking in something crunchy to offset the soft, warm cheese. For my entre I had lamb chops, which were excellent. So overall not a bad meal at around $125/person including drinks, 3 courses, and service. If I could change one thing about Metis, I would designate smoking areas so nonsmoking guests don't end up downdraft from smokers. There were ashtrays on all the tables last night and smokers all around our table.

• Visited November 2011
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The food, staff and view was amazing. After dinner we drank coffee martinis overlloking the ponds. Just beautiful

Visited October 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was the third time we dined at Metis and I will definatley dine again when we return. Fabulous food and wine, can be expensive but we would generallly pay for this in Melbourne. Staff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful setting.

• Visited October 2011
Moscow, Russia
“Place is beautiful but service is poor”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Nice ambience and good choice for romantic dinner
but be ready that waiters know nothing about service standards
every time disturbing so much by rude interrupting
They need more training for sure

• Visited October 2011