“Very Good but Missing Some Detail”
Review of Metis

Metis
Ranked #29 of 249 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: MÉTIS Restaurant, Lounge and Gallery is a sensory dining experience that embraces the sheer pleasures of living. With the recently opened lounge and beautiful garden, MÉTIS brings High Tea to a whole other level, a must try if you visit Bali. Flawless service in one of Bali's most elegantly sophisticated settings is just the beginning of this seduction into the depths of the five senses. MÉTIS is as fresh and sumptuous as the cuisine that graces its tables.
Reviewed November 5, 2011

On my third visit to Metis in as many years, I was delighted as always with the stellar environment. Metis is truly beautiful, with something to discover at every glance. The new ponds and outdoor seating in the back are a lovely addition. I wish I could be so positive about the service. While friendly and adequate, the staff don't seem to know anything about the food or wine. If they do, they weren't sharing any secrets with our group last night. Cocktails were mostly a miss-two of eight guests sent theirs back. Wine by the glass is very limited for a restaurant of this calibre. I had an Australian Shiraz that was decent enough. The fois gras menu is a fun element at Metis, with a variety of cold and hot options. I tried the fois gras sushi roll, which was excellent and a pretty good value. For the second course I had a warm goat cheese dish with beets. Another guest had the same and loved it, but I found it to be lacking in something crunchy to offset the soft, warm cheese. For my entre I had lamb chops, which were excellent. So overall not a bad meal at around $125/person including drinks, 3 courses, and service. If I could change one thing about Metis, I would designate smoking areas so nonsmoking guests don't end up downdraft from smokers. There were ashtrays on all the tables last night and smokers all around our table.

Date of visit: November 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (3,035)

Reviewed November 1, 2011

The food, staff and view was amazing. After dinner we drank coffee martinis overlloking the ponds. Just beautiful

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was the third time we dined at Metis and I will definatley dine again when we return. Fabulous food and wine, can be expensive but we would generallly pay for this in Melbourne. Staff very friendly and helpful. Beautiful setting.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Nice ambience and good choice for romantic dinner
but be ready that waiters know nothing about service standards
every time disturbing so much by rude interrupting
They need more training for sure

Reviewed October 27, 2011

This restaurant was breathtaking, tables look out onto ponds. Food and service was great. Deffinately be going back there next time. There is a dress code, no singlets, boardshorts etc.