“Disappointing yoga”
Review of Villa Prana Bali

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerobokan
Villa Prana Bali
Ranked #72 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Villa stay was nice
yoga very disappointing... last year had amazing experience but it seems to have gone DOWN HILL for 2014 if you are looking for beginning classes "ok"... still I think it was over priced considering the quality of the 'instructor' , who I could hardly understand,,,, but if you have done a bit of yoga then you are better off getting what you paid for else where

Room Tip: The villa stay is lovely but the yoga needs an update!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 27, 2013

It seems by reading the reviews and photos that there is confusion between two "Villa Prana Bali". I have been staying at the one opposite "Toni's Villas" and Café "Biku" since they were first built and the bungalows, garden and service have always been excellent. It is a clean, simple oasis down a little gang off the busy street. Once through the gate, It is so quiet that you can hear the surf. I can highly recommend it. The photo of the gaudy red furnishings and the blue water kidney shaped pool are not at this Villa.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. There are some upstairs. I have been in all of them but prefer to be able to st...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank chrisoosterloo
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just finished a great holiday in Bali and stayed at the Villa Prana the entire time. We chose the "Chakra" (downstairs) option for our family which was very private and quiet with two separate rooms, each with their own bathroom and shower. The pool was only a few steps away and we took full advantage of it, relaxing around the pool on the days when we just wanted some peace and tranquility away from everything else. The location in Seminyak is quite central and within short walking distance to just about everything we needed...restaurants, beach, spa's, etc. When we wanted to venture out and explore Bali a bit, there were plenty of Taxis readily available on the main street a few minutes walk away to take us where we wanted to go at very reasonable prices. The staff were all terrific and took very good care of us from start to finish. Breakfasts were delicious and brought to our private kitchen table every morning with a friendly smile. Our son took a yoga class from the owner Franziska and he really enjoyed the professional experience along with others that participated. We met some nice travellers who were also staying at the Villa and they all had great things to say....We stayed for just under two weeks and enjoyed every minute. This small Villa is a real gem.

Room Tip: Each unit has it's own unique layout and offers something a little different.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Prana Villas were the first villa's in Seminyak, so they used a lot of space and focused on privacy with especially unique garden views. Unlike many newer private villa's in Bali, which are now smaller and using a minimalistic approach to their offering (they miss out with a lack of using beautiful native gardens to enhance ambiance) - Prana gives you everything.
They have a spa which is amazing, the inside is decked out in a way to make you feel like you've stepped into an Indonesian palace and further you're treated like royalty – a worthwhile experience. For older villa's they are beautiful, well kept, clean, large spacious rooms, amazing gardens and topped off with exceptional service. Price is competitive, but I find off peak season is fantastic as the weather is good, less traffic and pretty much all of Bali is great value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, they are the best. Check it out. http://www.thevillas.net/english/index.htm

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I was booking this hotel, I was worrying about it because all the reviews on Trip Adviser. But after talking with hotel staff by e-mail and checking pictures, I still decided to book it and did not regret. The very first day we've arrived to the hotel my friends thanked me for choosing Villa Prana, we all liked it a lot.
First of all, it's very peaceful and calm, but just few steps away from crowded street with lots of restaurants and shops.
Rooms are very clean and spacious. We especially liked our 2 bedroom villa, what was very convenient for 5 of us and interesting design of outdoor bathroom.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. They even helped us to organized day trips around the island and see some temples.
And I'm really surprised with all bad reviews, which I found here, because I didn't notice any of what other tourists were complaining about at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have slightly mixed views of Villa Prana Bali. I booked into the Panorama room which was lovely. However, there was an ant infestation that kept coming back despite the staff’s best efforts to remove them. Also, the club on the strip plays very loud music from Thursdays – Saturday nights and it is impossible to sleep. After asking a second time to be moved rooms, I was placed in Villa Viloma downstairs at no extra charge. Francesca (the owner) was very apologetic about the club as well, even though it is not the villa’s fault. I feel bad for the villa as it’s a beautiful, peaceful place except for the nights when the club is open.

Villa Viloma was gorgeous, although the outdoor bathroom is a bit of a shock at first! The outdoor kitchen faces the garden and pool area which was deserted pretty much the entire time I stayed so I had it to myself. Perfect!

The yoga classes are also fantastic – I highly recommend them. The teachers are brilliant, and very helpful and patient with beginners.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2012

i would like to give advice to everyone who want to stay at this villa.i stay this villa for 2 days and i feel not comfortable because when me and my family stay at this villa the owner let another customer who want to stay at this villa get in to our room and see inside our room.we already pay for this room and we should have our privacy,but the owner let another person get inside to check our room.
i suggest to all customer to find another villa that have better service.at bali have so many villa that have a better service and give a priority privacy for customer

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Bali Island Villas & Spa
#79 of 423 in Seminyak
The Buah Bali Villas
The Buah Bali Villas
#6 of 117 in Kerobokan

Been to Villa Prana Bali? Share your experiences!