“Hidden gem”
Review of Dewani Villa

Dewani Villa
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not only is this place beautiful, but the staff is amazing as well. Made is there every morning to prepare breakfast and have conversation. She is so sweet and makes amazing banana pancakes. My husband got a sunburn at the beach one day and she went to pick fresh aloe Vera for him. And that's just the start. Adhi, the driver, took us to a few hidden gems in Bali so that our stay would be memorable. One day, he was off so the manager made sure to find us a taxi that would take good care of us while we were out and even checked back with us when we returned to make sure everything went well. It's like a small family at dewani villa and I loved it. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dewani Villa

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The ambience is amazing, the staff is courteous, the room is beautiful. Free transport to Seminyak and the free airport drop were good.
They have a guide by the name of Adi. Such a nice man. helped me a lot.
I will recommend this place to everyone. The only drawback being that is is not located on the beach,

Room Tip: Try to take aroom on the forst floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dewi_Kumar, Manajer Hubungan Tamu at Dewani Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Angkur Gupta,

Thank you for taking your time to write your positive feedback following your recent visit to the Dewani Villa.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the services and facilities provided here at the villa, in particular the services from the time you arrived at the airport and throughout your stay, as well as the services of the tour driver. I will pass on your compliments to the staff and they will be very happy to hear these comments.

I am glad that you have noted, you will definitely come back, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again,

Best regards,

Dewi Triasari

Reviewed November 1, 2013

i have been wanting to stay at this little place for the last two years, it always caught my eye when looking at Bali but my boyfriend won and we went to Thailand, however this year he surprised me and booked a pool view room, 102, we were greeted by Joko who showed us to the room and we were not disappointed, the room was large clean and very comfy, tea coffee and kettle in the room, bathroom was nice and roomy with an outdoor shower, all was very private, as you see these villas on websites that is how they are, Dewani is located in a quiet area of keraboken however if you do book the pool view rooms the road does get quite noisy, we did think the location would have been quieter but it didnt deter our feelings of this place, the staff are very friendly and go out of their way to accomadate you, there are free shuttles into seminyak and taxi back is anything from 27,000 to 32,000r which is cheap, but please be careful as one taxi on a sunday tried to charge us 300,000!!! bluebird taxis are best just ask them to put the meter on, however if you get in a taxi and they refuse as they did with us one sunday night just get out,
we booked a private trip with Dewani and was worth every penny, Ade was our driver and he was so imformative, patient and friendly (he loves anything to do with travel) i would advise anyone wanting to do a trip to use dewani you can browse at your own leisure and not be pressured to times, the day was about 10hrs but we got to see the real Bali, a great taste for our journey onto Ubud for the last few days of our holiday,
Breakfast was very nice BUT.....very limited by this i mean eggs eggs and more eggs, no cereals or yoguarts, and Made really spoilt my boyfriend with her banana pancakes every morning, i think he wanted to take her home :)
if you want to stay close and eat out i can only recommend via walking about 15/20 mins to a small and i really mean small (3 tables) restaurant called lavazzio but the food was sooo lovely, just turn left out of dewani and walk past the supermarket, on the other hand we stayed in one night and had a takeaway from le libre taquira the mexican further up the road and it was lovely, we ate at the patio table near the pool everyone else was out and it felt like our own little haven :) with two bintangs in hand we had a lovely meal.
the verdict......great little place for the price, so glad we gave it a try and would recommend it, however as we discovered that area of Bali is not really for us we much preferred Ubud so unless in passing would not stay there again, but if that area is for you...please give it a try

Room Tip: we had a pool view room which was lovely but the road was noisy,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Moetbubbles
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Due to its hillside location, the hotel has a very quite environment; and surprisingly it's not far from downtown, roughly 10 minutes of driving. Free one-way shuttle service is provided all the time.
There are not many facilities, as we had supposed for this kind of tight budget. After all, it didn't matter to us as we didn't intend to spend much time in the hotel except for sleeping and breakfast. The breakfast was simple but carefully prepared and served fresh. The room is clean and large. However, regardless of the fact that it was set to its max power, the air conditioner was so weak that on one hot night we had to sleep with open mosquito net and my fiancee suffered a few mosquito bites
I appreciate the friendly staffs and their attentive service very much. Their English skills are barely acceptable, like most local staffs on the island; complicated sentences should be avoided.
All in all, it was a good deal for the amount of money I paid, though I'm certain there are a bunch of better places as long as you are willing to pay more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Dewani Villa for five wonderful nights. The setting was peaceful and beautiful, with Balinese style cottages. The rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated and we would leave the room for a half an hour for breakfast and return to freshly cleaned, sweet smelling sheets each day, with replenished bottled water. The pool was a life saver in the intense heat and there are plenty of great lounge spots surrounding it, amidst the garden setting.
Breakfast was included each morning and became our favourite time of day. My husband fell in love with Madé's banana pancakes and we had our pick of eggs, fruit, toast and fresh coffee as well.
Free Shuttles were offered whenever we needed them into Seminyak, which was so nice for us being new to Bali.
What made this stay five star, however, was the staff. They were so kind, humble and friendly. It felt like family.
If we are ever in Seminyak again, we will be sure to revisit Dewani Villa!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My first time to bali and this place was well presented with lovely staff, my partner and I enjoyed our stay. Thank you.
That being said, i wont stay there next time.
- Town was close but with traffic it took awhile to get there, felt like i spent half my holiday in taxis.
- given the location, the hotel needs more facilities like a fully stocked bar and the ability to offer dinner. We were there for 3 and 1/2 days and they we out of Bintang (the only alcoholic drink they stocked) for 1 and 1/2 of them.
I wanted to spend a day by the pool but with no music, alcohol or food on offer we had to go out every day and play in other hotels.
Next time we will be staying on the beach of Seminyak in a large fully decked out hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Staff is very helpful. the resort has only 7 rooms. for me the upstair room is much more charming because of its traditional roof construction.
the resort is not well located, but free shuttle is available. airport pickup/drop service is free for more than 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Kokonut Suites
#77 of 147 in Seminyak
Villa Coco
Villa Coco
#28 of 147 in Seminyak

Been to Dewani Villa? Share your experiences!