“This time, a disappointing stay.”
Review of 3V Kerobokan

3V Kerobokan
Ranked #58 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Melbourne, Australia
“This time, a disappointing stay.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed at 3v before and decided to re book again for our family holiday. Although this stay wasn't as good as the last, resulting in us checking out a week early.

There was a series of events that contributed to our early check out and refund request (please note we were not successful in obtaining any refund):

• When booking, I indicated that we had two adults and one child. Given that the one bedroom booking allowed for this on Wotif, I was of the understanding that a ‘roll away’ bed would be provided in the same room, as this is the case with most other accommodation. On arrival this wasn’t that case and we were offered the second room at no extra charge. Although this gesture was appreciated, this arrangement did not suit us as my son is only 4 years and not old enough to be in this outdoor bedroom arrangement. I did request additional bedding for our room and only a baby cot was offered. If 3V is unable to provide child bedding in a one bed room booking then this should be clearly communicated. While staying at 3V, our son woke each night. I found him crying, wondering in the villa garden on his own, not knowing where he was. This was very distressing. On the final night the three of us had no choice but to sleep in the one bed. Although this was okay for one or two nights, it would not have been for the remaining 7 nights.

• On arrival we were checked into a villa that was not up to the same standard that I had experienced in my previous stay. Although we persisted with it, it was on the second day that son stood on some broken wood decking and cut his foot. I raised this with a member of staff and my general safety concerns with the villa. I requested that we are moved. This request was accommodated by 3V. I acknowledge and appreciate this. My son’s foot took a while to heal, but is now better and fully healed.

• The mosquitoes were a big issue and my son was continually being bitten. I raised this with housekeeping on two occasions and we had some additional insect spray provided and a ‘plug in’ for the room. This did little to assist. I am not sure how often 3 V ‘sprays’ the general areas for mosquitoes, but perhaps this needs to be done more often? Our son suffered greatly from these bites and to this day, they have not fully healed. I did use insect repellent on him at all times. I am also an experienced traveller in Bali, and have never experienced anything like this before.

• On one of the mornings, we went into the kids club to see what toys were there for my son to play with. On entering the room, there was rubbish and food all over the floor obviously left from the previous day? It was very dirty and unhygienic. I raised this was one of your staff at reception.

• The ‘staff appreciation’ day held by 3V, was the ‘final straw’ for us. As a paying guest, it would have been appreciated if we were informed of this event prior to it occurring, especially given the inability to use the restaurant and enjoy the grounds in a reasonably quiet manner. If we were informed of this prior, we could have made the choice to have gone out for the day. As there are only 6 villa’s, this is not an unreasonable request.

As I have stayed at 3V previously I was very much looking forward to staying again. As you can see on this occasion there were a number of events that contributed to my family checking out early. Given the health and safety issues and general impact on our holiday enjoyment, we were really left with no other option but to leave early so our holiday could be a safe and enjoyable one.

I have since followed up with 3 V a refund or at the very least a part refund, but this has been declined. I was surprised by this given the circumstances that they were unwilling to consider a refund.

Room Tip: Some Villa's have been renovated and some havent. I ask for a renovated villa.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed with my two children and we all enjoyed ourselves. It was great to have so much space in our villa and garden. The rooms were lovely, comfortable beds, good aircon, channels on the TV that the children enjoyed. I loved our own private spa! The bathrooms could do with a thorough clean, but this is not a major problem. It was great for the kids to have their own room. Taxi's are very cheap so getting around from this location was easy. The staff were all wonderful! The food was great and really healthy. It would be awesome to stay here and do a juice fast and enjoy the yoga and gym options... (without children). There was a good atmosphere with guests and locals who are using the fitness facilities coming and going creating a friendly vibe around the pool, garden and restaurant. I feel happy to recommend 3V!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent 14 days here, with our two small children.

Overall, I think it's a great option if you want child-friendly accommodation close to Seminyak without a crazy price tag.

PROS...
- Good breakfasts served in restaurant or room
- Beautiful grounds and really stylish rooms - plenty of room for kids to run around
- Very helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble
- Room serviced daily and very well (dishes done, etc)
- Super comfy beds and block-out curtains which meant we slept well
- Water dispenser and basic kitchen in villa
- Location. A lot of reviewers have said they didn't like the location, but I found it very convenient to Seminyak, which is where I spend most of my time.
- Kids club - once they got it going (a few of us complained that the Oggy on-site kids' club wasn't running in the Balinese school holidays and so they cranked it up!) it kept the kids happy
- Excellent gym including Les Mills classes and an outdoor yoga room
- Buzzy atmosphere. There are only 6 villas but because a lot of expats use the gym and pool, there were often people around to chat to and kids for ours to play with

CONS
Overall we were very impressed with this place and would stay again. In the interests of presenting a fully balanced review, I would however say that...
- The kids' bedroom is accessed from the villa's garden, which meant that we were more comfortable sleeping on parent in each room
- One bathroom was pretty smelly (not unusual in Bali)
- One safe was not built in, just sitting on a shelf
- Some of the meals in the restaurant, eg, salads, were not good
- There was some building activity (or maybe a workshop?) behind our villa which was quite noisy at times.

These things were minor annoyances and did not spoil the stay, by any means.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Christina P, Personal Assistant at 3V Kerobokan, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We glad to know that you and family enjoy your staying with us, as our core is healthy family, we tried to comfort each of family member(parents and kids), and in order to keep our guests fit during their holiday, our fitness team have showed you the best way of it.

We appreciated your comments and we applied some of suggestions, we will never stop learning and try to be better for our valuable customer.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at 3v Kerobokan.
Ipswich
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Resort and staff were excellent. Great place to unwind in Bali. Cool and relaxing. Staff were wonderful - meals were great. We would definately recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing 3V Kerobokan, and we glad that everyone enjoy their time.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.
Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at 3V Kerobokan for 6 days in April 2012 and by far this would have to be the BEST family Bali accommodation that we have found.

We had a 2 bedroom villa well laid out and had everything we needed. We were travelling with our 9yo and 6 yo boys and it was a nice change for them to have their own room . It also had a kitchen (in case we felt like cooking). There was also a water cooler in our villa which was very convenient as our trips to Bali always involved buying bottles of aqua. We didn't use the spa as the pool was just outside our villa and it was a good size.

The staff at 3V were very friendly and service was great.

Breakfast was included in our package when we booked with Wotif. As 3V was not a big establishment there was no buffet breakfast. Instead we were offered a choice of American, Continental or Indonesian breakfasts. We sampled all three during our stay and they were all fine.

3V also had a kid's club that was usually free. Unfortunately as it was school holidays the kids club did not have the usual free activities. Instead indoor soccer, gymnastics and a couple of excursions were on offer. Only one of our boys was interested in the soccer so we enrolled him in the activity. The boys also went on a jungle trek excursion on the 5th day. This was very well organised and our sons had a ball. The Balinese are just great with kids.

3V would be great if you want to keep fit during your holiday. There was a variety of group exercise on offer, including yoga and Les Mills gym classes. I went to a couple of the yoga classes which I found very challenging and seemed to be aimed at advanceI was used to. I also visited the gym a few times and found it to be well equipped with new machines. The menu at the restaurant also had a lot of healthy food and drinks.

The only downside with 3V was that it is a fair way from restaurants, shopping, and kids' activities. By taxi it took us a good 30-50 mins drive, depending on traffic. The beach was also about 20 mins away by car. They did offer a daily shuttle service at 11 am and a return at 4.30pm. Having stayed in Bali hotels that were conveniently located to shopping and the seaside we found the distance a bit inconvenient at times.

3V had complimentary WiFi in the villas and restaurant. The wifi connection in the villas was often slow or dropped out. The wifi in the restaurant was more reliable.

3V also offered massage in-house. A lady by the name of Layla gave very nice relaxing massages at very reasonable prices.

Overall we were very satisfied with 3V. The staff were very friendly, rooms were
comfortable and well cleaned. We would consider staying at 3V again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 6 - another review advised that this is one of the newer rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RubynStu
We glad that you and family had a great times in Bali, especially in 3V Kerobokan,
Thank you for your comments, we will try to develop our services accordingly.

We will be more than happy to have you and family again in the future.

Best regards,
Management
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I recently stayed at 3V for the week commencing the 24 Feb 2012. A friend and I both took our 3.5 year old boys with us. The villa was good for the boys as it gave them a space to run around and the outdoor 'spa / plunge pool' was also handy as it meant they could have a play in the water, without always having to go down to the big pool. As 3V also opperate as a 'club' with the gym and pool, there were times when it got a little busy by the pool therefore we were not able to access sun lounges, etc... But overall, this extra traffic didnt really bother us. The gym was good and overall staff were very helpful. Only two constructive things: the kids club staff member could have made more of an effort to engage the boys and the 'free' breakfast got a little boring after a few days. Overall though, it was good value and I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jltyoung
Western Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have written quite an detailed review on 3V Villas previously, so I just wanted to add a few more details to anyone booking. This was our 2nd visit and we went with a very large group at one point having all 6 villas booked with family and friends. Once again 3V staff and facilities were wonderful. Few things I did notice was that Villas 1 & 2 (furtherest from the pool) are not fully renovated so make sure you request villas 3 - 6 if you would like a more renovated villa. The main difference is that the kitchen is a little more open and there is only one tv in the main living area (as opposed to having one in each of the airconditioned rooms in the other villas). One family we travelled with had small children (4 under 6yrs) and they really enjoyed their stay, but said they wished they had bought their baby monitor with them for greater piece of mind at night. We do not have this problem as our children are now 5 & 8 so can get up and out of bed easily if they need anything.
I also used the gym a bit this time we stayed and found the facilities to be quite good. I did not take part in any of the classes though, but was offered a few assessment on arrival and found the gym well laid out and supervised. Classes and usage is free for guests.
One thing we did notice more than our previous visit was that the gym has become quite popular it seems with local expats, which is not a problem, just meant that there were quite a few people coming and going through the main pool and restaurant area when classes were on.
This was also our first stay with the kids club operational. Our kids are water babies so we actually didn't really utilise it a lot, but they did enjoy doing some cooking classes and you could have used it a lot more if you are that way inclined. Zulu the staff member was great and very attentive.
As we were all family and friends the staff organised a traditional balinese bbq one night for us, and we added the request of a suckling pig. Everything was wonderful and we had a great evening, nothing was too much bother for them.
Gede and his housekeeping staff were also wonderful once again, as were all staff, who became a part of the family by the end of the trip. Thanks again 3V for a great stay!

PS There is just one thing 3V need to top it all off and that is a decent coffee maker. I actually took my little nespresso machine with me this trip (sad I know - but I need my coffee :) and was so glad I did as the bali coffee is terrible and even the coffee was their machine was not good. My nespresso certainly ended up getting a workout from everyone.

Room Tip: request villas 3 to 6 as these are the more renovated of the 6.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family