I have stayed at 3v before and decided to re book again for our family holiday. Although this stay wasn't as good as the last, resulting in us checking out a week early.
There was a series of events that contributed to our early check out and refund request (please note we were not successful in obtaining any refund):
• When booking, I indicated that we had two adults and one child. Given that the one bedroom booking allowed for this on Wotif, I was of the understanding that a ‘roll away’ bed would be provided in the same room, as this is the case with most other accommodation. On arrival this wasn’t that case and we were offered the second room at no extra charge. Although this gesture was appreciated, this arrangement did not suit us as my son is only 4 years and not old enough to be in this outdoor bedroom arrangement. I did request additional bedding for our room and only a baby cot was offered. If 3V is unable to provide child bedding in a one bed room booking then this should be clearly communicated. While staying at 3V, our son woke each night. I found him crying, wondering in the villa garden on his own, not knowing where he was. This was very distressing. On the final night the three of us had no choice but to sleep in the one bed. Although this was okay for one or two nights, it would not have been for the remaining 7 nights.
• On arrival we were checked into a villa that was not up to the same standard that I had experienced in my previous stay. Although we persisted with it, it was on the second day that son stood on some broken wood decking and cut his foot. I raised this with a member of staff and my general safety concerns with the villa. I requested that we are moved. This request was accommodated by 3V. I acknowledge and appreciate this. My son’s foot took a while to heal, but is now better and fully healed.
• The mosquitoes were a big issue and my son was continually being bitten. I raised this with housekeeping on two occasions and we had some additional insect spray provided and a ‘plug in’ for the room. This did little to assist. I am not sure how often 3 V ‘sprays’ the general areas for mosquitoes, but perhaps this needs to be done more often? Our son suffered greatly from these bites and to this day, they have not fully healed. I did use insect repellent on him at all times. I am also an experienced traveller in Bali, and have never experienced anything like this before.
• On one of the mornings, we went into the kids club to see what toys were there for my son to play with. On entering the room, there was rubbish and food all over the floor obviously left from the previous day? It was very dirty and unhygienic. I raised this was one of your staff at reception.
• The ‘staff appreciation’ day held by 3V, was the ‘final straw’ for us. As a paying guest, it would have been appreciated if we were informed of this event prior to it occurring, especially given the inability to use the restaurant and enjoy the grounds in a reasonably quiet manner. If we were informed of this prior, we could have made the choice to have gone out for the day. As there are only 6 villa’s, this is not an unreasonable request.
As I have stayed at 3V previously I was very much looking forward to staying again. As you can see on this occasion there were a number of events that contributed to my family checking out early. Given the health and safety issues and general impact on our holiday enjoyment, we were really left with no other option but to leave early so our holiday could be a safe and enjoyable one.
I have since followed up with 3 V a refund or at the very least a part refund, but this has been declined. I was surprised by this given the circumstances that they were unwilling to consider a refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a beautiful collection of 6 private villas for your STAY, a 3V Cafe for you to EAT healthy food with a tasty diet menu suitable for all diets, a fitness club for you to MOVE and help you get fitter and stronger.As an activity planner, we help you DISCOVER Bali whether you are on holidays for one day, a weekend, a week or one month or whether you live in Bali.We organize monthly outdoors activities in Bali to change your routine. Our goal at 3V is to make you experience magical moments with your family or your friends in Bali.For your little ones, we have a Kids Club where they can PLAY while you rest, you train, or during your participation to an outdoor activity.3V is also a place to GATHER: organize your business meetings, social gatherings, team buildings, kid’s birthday parties or even weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your 3V Kerobokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3v Kerobokan Hotel Kerobokan
- 3V Kerobokan Bali