“An experience not to be missed!!”
Review of Sarong Restaurant

Sarong Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 209 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I first heard of Sarong Restaurant when I watched a programme on TV about restaurants in Bali and knew that this was a place I wanted to go to. I made our booking online prior to our arrival in Bali and it was confirmed on the day that we were due to go (this could be an issue if you don't have internet as they would cancel if not confirmed) From the moment we arrived we were impressed, the restaurant was beautiful. Our meal was really lovely, beautifully presented and tasty (although the butter chicken was far hotter than we are used to) The service was excellent, nothing was any problem to the very attentive staff, they really make you feel special. The only comments I would make is that we could not see to read the menu due to the dimly lit restaurant, I had to use my mobile phone light to see it and two of us had chicken (bone in) and I feel that it would be far better boned especially as it is quite difficult to see what we were eating. Overall the Sarong Restaurant exceeded my expectations, it is a place that I would definitely go to again and I feel for the style of dining that we experienced, it was value for money.

1  Thank SIFan
There are newer reviews for Sarong Restaurant

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Completely undeserving of any high rating. We've just walked out after desert and drinks, and the service was appalling. We continually had to ask for more drinks, that then took at least 15 mins to arrive. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If you want good food and good service, go to Parlour. Will never go back.

1  Thank TurtleTomo
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently had dinner at a small table for two in the garden area of Sarong. The mojitos were great to start, as were our entrees, which we thought were a little small until our main meal arrived, and we were glad of the size! We had the duck with steamed buns, and it was fantastic, quite spicy but a great flavour and nicely counteracted with the buns. Almost like peking duck pancakes, but a great variation. We also ordered stir fried vegetables (which were quite spicy but very good) and a great lamb curry. We were far too full to order dessert, but coffee was welcome! A great place for dinner, very quirky seating styles throughout the deceptively large space; plenty of quiet nooks for romantic dinners, but caters well for large groups in thoughtfully and originally decorated 'rooms'. Great bathrooms too! Definitely one to visit again!!

1  Thank IFeet
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Delicious spicy food with a huge selection available. Sarong is the sister restaurant on Mamasan which we also loved. Like Mamasan the service is excellent. Every dish was delicious. Booking is a must. We had a great night.

1  Thank J B
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Sarong is not a fusion restaurant, it is a modern take on several Asian cuisines. We tried the Tuna Bettel & the crispy pork as starters and they were beautiful respectful, classic yet somewhat modern take on Thai and Chinese food respectively. Spicy and tasty.
Our main was more Indian and again, it was some of the best Tandoori Chicken I've ever had.
The key is spices, perfect cooking. Great stuff.
Add to this a beautiful decor, efficient service and a great wine list and this is a can't miss stop in Bali.
It's not cheap but it's worth it.

2  Thank charliep14