“Lunch time review ' simply delicious'”
Review of Sarong Restaurant

Sarong Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Lunch time review ' simply delicious'”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

As a vegetarian Sarong didn’t initially appeal as the menu is not particularly vegie friendly. I was surprised to find that Sarong offer a full vegetarian lunch menu. The vegie menu wasn't initially offered until I told them I was vegetarian.

The food was spicy and fragrant – this restaurant is probably not for you if you don’t enjoy chilli.

Be sure to order a side of roti – if flaky and crispy and really delicious with a side service of curry. (It was so good I was tempted to go back and just order the sides and a glass of wine)! Everything we ordered was sensational, it’s a meal I will remember for a long time.

Mamasan offers a set lunch menu for around 125,000 rupee or you can order a la carte – the lunch menu is very well priced especially given the quality of the food and service.

Lunch is fairly casual, some people were dressed and others were in smart shorts/sandals.

I've eaten at Sarong (same owner) and was equally impressed with Mamasan - I enjoy spicy cuisine so for me this was a winner.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“SICK”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I would never eat at this restaurant again. Myself, my boyfriend and a girlfriend all got sick from eating here in October. Another friend got sick after eating here the week before and my boyfriend got sick the first time he ate there last year.. something is wrong there !!

Visited October 2013
Sarong B, Manager at Sarong Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience at Sarong. We are obviously deeply troubled and surprised to hear that you felt sick after dining in the restaurant.

We go to great lengths to ensure that our food safety and hygiene protocols are of the very best standard, and vigilant in every aspect of these procedures, from food storage to preparation and serving. The quality of our food and produce is also of the very highest standard, with every single dish being made fresh on a daily basis to achieve the consistency of taste, flavour and finish that this level of fine dining requires.

Certainly with a full house of guests enjoying wonderful meals with us every evening, if we had any issues with a particular ingredient or dish, then we imagine we would get a flurry of reports from everyone who ordered and ate the same thing. Because this hasn't been the case, and we take any report of possible issues very seriously, we would like to get to the bottom of this and try to ascertain exactly what happened.

Without a specific or direct report received by either you and your boyfriend, or from the friend you mentioned, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to try and find out if there was indeed an issue that we can trace back to the restaurant.

We would appreciate the opportunity to do this and talk to you personally. As a restaurant with an internationally acclaimed reputation, and one that is fully booked every night, our guest safety, heath and happiness is of the utmost importance to us.

We kindly ask that you email us directly at pr@sarongbali.com so that we're able to get some more specific details and try to find out what happened, so that one of our team can get in touch and we can explore every opportunity to look at things from our end.

Warmest regards,
the Sarong team.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Far from delicious and below average service”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Enjoyed the ambiance however found the food very average. Pork belly is fatty piece of meat but that served at Sarong was 100% cubes of pork fat. Almost impossible to eat. Food came out very slowly, long waits between dishes. One of main dishes came out cold and everything was too salty. Had to ask for them to bring order of nan which was forgotten. Waitress aggressive about pushing for a large order and then wanted to remove the dishes when we had waited 30+ minutes for them to arrive and they had been on the table for less than 10 minutes. Maybe we caught Sarong on a bad day but saying this type of food and service would rival other cosmopolitan cities is not accurate.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DC-Brussels
Victoria
“At last...finally a vacancy :)”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Have tried on three occasions to book into Sarong...yeah finally a vacancy! Walked in to a great buzzing restaurant....fantastic interior and friendly staff. Drinks at the bar first before being shown to our table. The menu was amazing and I would have loved to work my way through EVERY DISH....so many choices. Fresh, tasty, beautifully presented food. I will certainly make sure on my next visit to Bali then I book in before I leave home. A must restaurant to visit!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ZipEchucaAUS
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Having heard many good things of Will Meryick's restaurant to say we were disappointed is an understatement.
3 of the wines we ordered were out of stock.
Service was very poor with english standards not great ( ok this can be expected in some places in Bali but not at a 5* restaurant) simple instructions were not followed ie checking for nut content. To be fair half of the dishes were great the other half not good, in their favour when we did complain they comped a dish for us so clearly the management understand service issues. Not sure i'd be rushing back

Visited September 2013