It's December and my wife and I are currently staying at the Tirta Atu water palace. We are loving it. The staff are attentive but not over-burdening and they are exceptionally polite and friendly. We've just done a cookery class with the head chef, who is not only only superb cook but also a great teacher. The hotel also offers other activities. We did the 3 hour walk through gorgeously vibrant paddy fields. We can recommend the massages in the spa too- a real delight. Possibly scuba diving tomorrow. All activities and the airport pickup have run seamlessly. We're glad we had 4 days here to unwind after a hectic year. The views from the restaurant are lovely and the food is good. If you've come to Bali to sit in a beach and go to nightclubs then obviously this place being 300m above sea level and away from the coast is not for you. However, if you want some relaxation and a chance to see the interior of the island, this is a great place to stay. It's also a couple of degrees cooler than the coast and there is often a gentle breeze, which is welcome in the hot season. The Rough Guide travel guide has it pretty accurate, "5 luxury villas with sunken baths" and "a classy restaurant with fine views over the water palace". Thanks for such a relaxing and wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Bali's ultimate number one holiday destination the fabulous Tirta Ayu Hotel (which means lovely waters). Located within the beautiful, secure 22-acre grounds of Bali's most treasured Royal Water Palace at Tirtagangga and situated in the Karangasem Regency of East Bali which is overlooked by Mount Agung. Views of the surrounding countryside are blessed with some of the most amazing rice terraces with the warm crystal clear ocean in the distance. This is real Bali at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirta Ayu Hotel And Restaurant
- Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant Bali/Karangasem