“the highlight of my holidays”

Warung Padang Kecag
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Karangasem
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The small restaurant (Warung) near the main road and the beach.We serve Western and Indonesian Cuisine.Open 11 am - 11 pm
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the highlight of my holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I found this simple, little place straight after we arrived in the area and went to try it out . After our first dinner we just had to eat there every day.

The food is delicious and the people so lovely and welcoming. My favourites where the fish dishes. The Fish Satay and the Mahi Mahi with Orange sauce are so tender they almost melt on your tongue. But everything we tried was very tasty and full of flavour.

I would go back to Bali just to eat at Padand Kecag. It was the highlight of my trip :)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clayflower

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
cheshire
“Excellent value and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were staying further down the road and walked out to Padang Kecag a couple of times during our recent stay.

I believe it is run by a chef who used to work at a high quality hotel on the road back towards Denpasar. The said restaurant was several times the price and definitely not worth all the extra money!

The food was excellent, we even preordered the local duck delicacy for one of the nights we ate here. I think it cost us £10 for the three of us! I also tried the red snapper one night off the specials, the best meal I had during my whole holiday. Starters and desserts were around £1 each, the best puds we ate! Chocolate samosas with a hint of spice...amazing.

You can also buy cocktails made with the local spirit as well as fresh juices and of course beer!

The staff were all very friendly and they deserve to make a success!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank merlin1965
Warung P, Guest Relations Manager at Warung Padang Kecag, responded to this review, April 15, 2016
Tangkyou foor coment,ihofe you bace to my resto.
Graz, Austria
“Very typical”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Evelyn Times we enjoyed the nice Atmosphäre and the excellent typical Food.Also the Price was also very low.you cant get better Food for your Money

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Gerald K
Schoelcher, Martinique
“Very good food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you wish a very nice place to eat in Bali, don't hesitate to go to this one because food is very good, prices are cheap, the people are very nice and after that you can go swimming on the Anom beach which is 2 minutes from there.

Wonderful place and people!!!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Cristina R
Melbourne, Australia
“Hidden Treasure in Candi Dasa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family visited this warung in Candi Dasa just last week. We were staying locally and wanted to try a local restaurant outside our hotel. This restaurant was recommended to us. We were not disappointed! We were treated to delicious food and friendly service. The standard of the food was amazing and extremely well priced. The family who own this business is trying really hard and deserve to be supported so if you are in the area, do yourself favour!

• Visited July 2013