“worth it if you know what you're in for”

and 1 more site!
Bali Waenis Sunset View
Ranked #11 of 54 Karangasem B&B and Inns
Timisoara, Romania
“worth it if you know what you're in for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The good:
The views from the rooms, terraces and restaurant are sensational, you can see the ocean and the mountain valleys while you eat or relax on the terrace. There was a couch and a bed even outside our room. Paths to the rooms are nicely decorated with lots of flowers, plants and papaya trees. Staff was very helpful in organising our trips the way we wanted with fair prices. Restaurant also has good prices.
The bad:
Rooms are a bit strange, very tall and weird painted, cleaning can be improved around the corners. The bathroom is not fully closed (but we had no mosquito problems) and the room doors are hard to lock, and even then there is a lot of space underneath. But not big problems if you want the view

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Albany Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited Waenis to have a pre dinner drink. The sunset was totally awesome. Incredible views. The service for drinks was really fun and friendly. We decided to stay for dinner. The papaya salad was amazing. Probably the best dish on our trip to Bali. We followed this with fish dishes. We were given a lift back to our hotel. I think if we ever returned I would try and stay here so I could try more of the food. The accommodation looked pretty good from the outside.

Room Tip: Try the Papaya Salad.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed in Amed for three nights and ate every night at Waenis.made the owner was so welcoming to our family and my children really enjoyed spending time with her two lovely children. My youngest had her birthday there and Made and staff went to a lot of effort to make it special for her
Thank you again for your kindness and your fabulous Balinese food

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I can't say enough about the food here. It was delicious, reasonably priced and they have "happy hour" every night - two cocktails for the price of one. There are bean bags placed strategically on the balcony with tables to get the best view of the sunset and we literally spent hours here every night. We stayed up the road, but the rooms looked okay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Waeni's and had a wonderful experience. The hotel has a great location with the best sunset view! We stayed in the fan rooms, which were fine, as you get a nice breeze from the sea. The rooms were nicely decorated and made us feel really comfortable. The view from the room is amazing! The food at the restaurant is very tasty, especially the grilled fish! Made Sani is a wonderful host with a great personality. I would definitely go back to stay at Waeni's!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place has the best view in the area but I was very disappointed with how I was treated.
I ordered a drink (iced coffee) and there was plastic in it, something I didn't discover until I had already finished it because it was in the bottom of the glass. At that point I felt pretty repulsed, like I had drunk something with rubbish in it.
When I pointed this out to the waiter he said sorry but this happens, I can't control everything. When the bill came I was surprised to be charged for this drink and said so. He refused to take it off the bill. then I spoke to the manager who offered to give it to me for half price (which i refused) but blamed me for it, saying "you shouldn't have drunk it". I explained that the plastic was in the bottom of the glass and that I didn't see it until it was too late!
I just think it's wrong to blame the customer for not seeing the plastic.
It's a shame because we'd already been there twice before and would have gone back again had they treated us better. So they got their dollar fifty for the ice coffee with plastic but lost out on much more money on future visits. Poor customer care.

• Stayed April 2012
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three days at Waeni's. We could not have been happier. The owner Made Sani was great. The views from the room and restaurant were spectacular. Each meal was delicious and a real work of art. Read the previous review for a complete description of the rooms. We would definitely recommend Waeni's for a romantic get away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karangasem
Santai Hotel Bali
#2 of 69 in Amed
Nalini Resort
Nalini Resort
#7 of 18 in Amed

Been to Bali Waenis Sunset View? Share your experiences!