“Great food,beautiful views and fabulous staff”

and 1 more site!
Bali Waenis Sunset View
Ranked #12 of 55 Karangasem B&B and Inns
“Great food,beautiful views and fabulous staff”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed in Amed for three nights and ate every night at Waenis.made the owner was so welcoming to our family and my children really enjoyed spending time with her two lovely children. My youngest had her birthday there and Made and staff went to a lot of effort to make it special for her
Thank you again for your kindness and your fabulous Balinese food

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I can't say enough about the food here. It was delicious, reasonably priced and they have "happy hour" every night - two cocktails for the price of one. There are bean bags placed strategically on the balcony with tables to get the best view of the sunset and we literally spent hours here every night. We stayed up the road, but the rooms looked okay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Waeni's and had a wonderful experience. The hotel has a great location with the best sunset view! We stayed in the fan rooms, which were fine, as you get a nice breeze from the sea. The rooms were nicely decorated and made us feel really comfortable. The view from the room is amazing! The food at the restaurant is very tasty, especially the grilled fish! Made Sani is a wonderful host with a great personality. I would definitely go back to stay at Waeni's!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place has the best view in the area but I was very disappointed with how I was treated.
I ordered a drink (iced coffee) and there was plastic in it, something I didn't discover until I had already finished it because it was in the bottom of the glass. At that point I felt pretty repulsed, like I had drunk something with rubbish in it.
When I pointed this out to the waiter he said sorry but this happens, I can't control everything. When the bill came I was surprised to be charged for this drink and said so. He refused to take it off the bill. then I spoke to the manager who offered to give it to me for half price (which i refused) but blamed me for it, saying "you shouldn't have drunk it". I explained that the plastic was in the bottom of the glass and that I didn't see it until it was too late!
I just think it's wrong to blame the customer for not seeing the plastic.
It's a shame because we'd already been there twice before and would have gone back again had they treated us better. So they got their dollar fifty for the ice coffee with plastic but lost out on much more money on future visits. Poor customer care.

• Stayed April 2012
Detroit
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three days at Waeni's. We could not have been happier. The owner Made Sani was great. The views from the room and restaurant were spectacular. Each meal was delicious and a real work of art. Read the previous review for a complete description of the rooms. We would definitely recommend Waeni's for a romantic get away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 6, 2012

If you visit Amed and want to stay at a place that has an amazing view, this is the best spot! Even if you don not stay there, it is a must to at least go for dinner or drinks at sunset time! Not only do you have the best sunset view, you also have the most amazing view of the mountains, which makes you feel like you are entering Jurasic Park when you look down that direction. It is a rustic style hotel with rooms that cling to the cliffside that hangs over the sea. We took a room near the bottom for our romantic privacy and loved it! Even though some of the renovated rooms had AC, our did not, but the sea breeze and ceiling fan wer just fine for us. Near the bottom, we were far from the restaurant, but close to the sea and reallz felt like we were touching nature. We got a local chip for our mobile and sometimes called Waenis Restaurant to have food to be delivered to our room and it always arrived hot and delicious! But mostly we enjoyed our meals in the restaurant where they have wifi and the most amaying view in Amed. They also had some young kittens that we enjoyed playing with and we got a real kick out of the owners two kids, who really made us feel at home!
We also hired 'Made' to drive us around. She is the cutest woman ever! She took us for the most amazing tours in East Bali, that included white water rafting and an elephant ride! She also showed us some fantastic beaches for snorkeling, which was our main thing to do. We really enjoyed the sunken ship wrecks and beautiful coral reefs in Amed area.
The price is right for the value at this hotel. It was clean and the staff was also very friendly. We shall return!

Room Tip: We suggest you either take one of the newly renovated rooms with AC. And if want to be away from eve...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelbuds4ever
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We spent 3 nights in this place in July 2011. THe sunset view from this hotel is brilliant, We are recommeding to have a dinner in order to see the sunset from here. the staff is very friendly and the meal is ok.
However, the quality-price rate for the acommodation is not the best ones in Bali. It is expensive for the quality of the room. The bathroom could be much better, it was old one ant as not as clean as we expected.
The room was very noisy because it was next to a road,it was impossible to sleep after 5.30 H AM.
We were recommended to go over Waenis but our final tip is to go there only for having dinner and see the wonderful sunset from there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Madesani, Owner at Bali Waenis Sunset View, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Thank you for your review and appreciation for our sunset view and restaurant. Each review helps us to improve, even when we read things like the noise of the road or that the room was not clean. Of course I cannot control the noise we sometimes get from the road, which is a problem sometimes for all the hotels along the coast here. We are not alone in that, however the issue of the room quality has been adjusted. Since August 2011, everything has been renovated and my staff has improved as well. Again, I appreciate your remarks so I can always make improvements since my goal is to provide the best vacation possible for all my guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karangasem
Santai Hotel Bali
Baliku Dive Resort
Baliku Dive Resort
#3 of 18 in Amed
Hidden Paradise Cottages

Been to Bali Waenis Sunset View? Share your experiences!