“Really nice!!!”
Review of White Sand Beach

White Sand Beach
Ranked #3 of 55 things to do in Karangasem
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found this beach through some friends a while ago. We have not stopped going there since. It is amazing!! The sand is nice and white, (we live in Amed so we have black sand/rocks) so that is a plus. The water is clear blue, with occasional waves. There are also many warung's here on the beach to have a great meal.
A nice clean beach with clear blue water.... The perfect day for me!
I recommend it for anyone looking to relax.

1  Thank Ana M

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Although a little hard to find, it's well worth it.

Went here when the waves were really high and not leaving much room for sitting on the beach.

Had a lovely lunch that was enjoyed by all of us. Made me think of how Jimbaran Bay started out.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Been there yesterday and really enjoyed it. The water is pristine but the sand is not actually white. However, makes a great day trip and compared to other beaches in Bali is not covered with tons ne rubbish. I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stay at Candidasa and gave it a try since the locals keep mentioning this beach and you can read about it on the internet and in books. Well the sand is not white at all and this place might have been peaceful a hidden gem many years ago but has been long discovered. Unfortunately, there is lots of garbage lying around. You can rent sun bed, there are many different warungs to choose from to have a drink or get something to eat. We came by boat (local fisherman) from Candidasa (20 min. boat ride) and managed to bargain down to 250'000 Rp. for 4 adults and 1 child for a 2 hour stay. They offer those boat rides for 400'000 Rp. though. You can access by road too but I don't know what the conditions are.

The water seems clear apart some garbage (!) that is floating in the water depending on where you enter the ocean. There was a rather strong current on the day we were.
Not worth it and I don't know why there is so much fuss about this beach. Around Candidasa it is the only beach I though I guess.

2  Thank chsue
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited this beach recently with my 4 friends, which have successfully made us astonished. White sands and turquoise blue water, sun-loungers, some waves and sunshine, what else do you need? We was just lounging and swimming and beach-walking all day. But you may rent snorkel equipment if you like. You will also find some small warung (food-stalls) and a stall selling beach-clothes. These warungs also provide public toilet and bathrooms for visitors.

This beach located between Candidasa and Amlapura, and it was hard to reach. We drove thru village-road, and had to breach through bushes and ravine. But it worth the sweats as the reward was amazing.