We stayed five nights in a upper level bungalow. We left the beachside doors and windows open and enjoyed the cooling sea breeze. We could walk right out onto the beach. There was a pleasant, shaded sitting area in the bar/restaurant space. Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly and accomodating. Drinks could be taken from the refrigerator on the honor system. Sasha the owner was friendly and offered good suggestions on restaurants. Enjoyed our stay.
I should note that at the time we stayed there was construction going on next door which was noisy. The only negative which does not really the concern the actual bungalows is that we arranged a recommended driver through here whose name is Ketut. This young man drove in a very dangerous, high speed manner taking us to Munduk and there was one near accident. He clearly had another job lined up and when we had a delay in a village due to a funeral procession he became very quiet and sullen and then hostile and angry with us for no other reason. We were extremely frightened and upset with his behavior. Beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lily Amed is a charming eco-friendly, clean beach-front bungalows with a large garden. We have full views of Mt.Agung ( Bali's tallest mountain ), views of rolling hills, and of course crystal clear Bali sea right on our door step. We believe in smart & long-term sustainable living and providing travellers with a close to nature, rustic quiet retreat to chill- out listening to the sea and feeling the cool sea breeze. In the lounge facing the sea we have, hammocks, swivel chair and a large day bed to relax in. We provide self- service drinks fridge, self - service hot drinks making facilities on "Honour system" . So you have Home From Home feeling here. We also provide 4 beach recliners ( with thick 100% cotton filled mattresses with covers ) , picnic mats, and 3 yoga mats with home- made cotton covers for comfort and hygiene purposes. Guests can use any of these self- service items FREE of charge. We private gazebos where guests can sit and view sunset over My.Agung. Due to the luscious flower and fruit gardens you will find the temperature is cooler here. All our rooms have multiple fans, and multiple windows to have a good night sleep.more ceiling fans installed recently ( September 2015 ) for extra cooling effect. Over all I can honestly say every week I get requests from my guest to extend their stay. Sasha ( owner ) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lily Amed Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lily Amed Beach Bungalows Hotel Karangasem
- Lily Amed Beach Bungalows Bali/Karangasem