All reviews cooking class crashing waves water palace host and hostess home stay second home home away from home beautiful place wayan amlapura sea bali garden massage bungalow accommodations bale
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was on a road trip along the east coast of Bali when I happened to see the sign for these bungalows. On inquiry, I found the price reasonable and decided to stay the overnight. but then I found the owners so hospitable and the entire accommodation so good, that I spent and extra night here. My room was very comfortable with a king size bed and the facilities were sparkling clean. The food was exceptional. I do not recall having better food in any restaurant in Bali and it was as good as any fine restaurant. There is a fish pond where your dinner is kept alive until you choose fish for your evening meal.

There is nice pool with and an ocean side gazebo that made the evenings pleasant. It was nice to sit by the sea and listen to the ocean waves breaking on the shore. From here, day trips can be planned to travel the coastal route to the best diving spots on Bali, or into the mountains. The host and hostess are knowledgeable people who can carry on a very intelligent and informed conversation on many subjects, should you wish to discuss current events. I would highly recommend staying here and if I should visit Bali again, it will be my first choice.

It has that wonderful personal friendly atmosphere.

Donald Enos, United States

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Our 5 days at Kebun Impian was a highlight of our trip to Bali – it is excellent in every way. The rooms, architecture, gardens, open air dining rooms and pool are beautiful, very comfortable and relaxing. John and Wayan are terrific hosts. All of the family and staff at Kebun Impian are most hospitable and charming, and immediately made us feel like part of their family. The food there was absolutely delicious. After just one night we felt like we were visiting old friends - and would welcome any of them in our home should they wish to come to the Blue Mountains! John's recommended tours to the east coast water palace, markets and snorkeling on the coral reef were just great. If we visit Bali again, we will definitely visit Kebun Impian. Thanks again for a most memorable stay!

Bette Trev and Corin

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We found Kebun Impian on Tripadvisor, and were very impressed by the reviews and the website. When we booked our bike tour with East Bali Bike, they told us their trip ends often at Kebun Impian for a swim and lunch. This was an easy way for us to see the resort for ourselves, without really staying there.
When we arrived, our kids were already in the pool, they were a bit tired of the bike tour, and the staff already took them to Kebun Impian.
John was very friendly, showed us around, and we could have a swim, waiting for our lunch.
Lunch was delicious, with a fabulous view at the sea and the beach.
The toilets and the little house near the beach were not very clean, which was a disappointment for us. If they improve this, it is certainly a paradise in East Bali.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BrakelSyl
Reviewed November 5, 2011

You scoop your own live fish out of the pond, they gut and clean the fish for you and barbecue it using coconut husks for fuel which adds a smoky delicious taste to this meal.

Room Tip: Try the master bedroom or the room by the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is now the second time that I have stayed at Kebun Impian. The first trip was more for business in the area, but the second was for pleasure. I can totally recommend a stay with, whether it is overnight or for a week, John and Wayan go out of their way to make you feel part of the family and not guests. The food is fantastic, the view from the Bale overlooking the ocean is fantastic. It is a true joy to stay there and I look forward to going back there soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple