“Good value and pretty” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel

Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Burke Ave, Towson, MD 21204 (Formerly Burkshire Marriott Conference Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
New York City, New York
“Good value and pretty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Its been renavated and looks nice. The style is a cozy tradational and I had a nice clean suites with a washer dryer and full kitchen.
The staff was very helpful and friendly with were to eat and taxi and getting around. Its a bit of a walk to resturants, about seven blocks. Yes you can get crabcakes at some of them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Maple Shade, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I usually look forward to staying here but this last time was not good. The internet wifi was not working at all. Called the front desk and they said they were aware and working on it. Luckily I had a laptop that accepted the wired connection. But that limited me to only working at the desk in the living room. The lamp at the desk was not working nor was the reading light at attached to the bedframe. They only had one elevator working for all 14 floors. I only stayed one night this time and I am glad I did because I was disappointed in my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Joseph L, Manager at Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Hockeygrrl75,

Thank You for taking the time to post a comment about my Hotel. I appreciate you letting us know that we did not meet the standards you have come to expect from my Hotel since you are a frequent guest. We hope to have you back soon and are currently undergoing an internet upgrade which will be well above standard speeds. As for the elevator, yes it was out of service but it has been attended to, this is something we are in the process of correcting and look forward to your return.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Love the size of the rooms...would be great fun with family. I am usually here once a quarter for business so barely use the services. Being a Gold Member, I think I am upgrated to larger suites each time I stay here. This time, I had a large suite with 3 TVs. Location is great...close to all the Towson action.

Room Tip: Watchout for consutruction in the nearby area.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here two years ago and had a good experience. I'm back here again for an extended stay. I really enjoy the kitchen with washer and dryer. Allows me to stay up on my laundry without having to go out. The front desk staff has been friendly and helpful and the manager introduced himself to me while on the elevator. He asked me to let him know if I needed anything. I stay in hotels a lot and small things like that make a big difference. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lbouknight
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott in Towson. the hotel is a bit dated, and the elevators were in disrepair. The staff at the front desk were more interested in looking at their phones than dealing with me. The rooms need a facelift, and the couch in the rooms was old. Just ok for a Marriott

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bones57
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. A 1 bedroom apartment offered as a hotel room, who knew?
The king size bed in the bedroom with its own walk in closet.
There is a washer and dryer in the kitchen (unusual for a hotel room).
A galley kitchen with a coat closet as you enter.
A small dinning room area with an adjacent living room with a TV and coffee table ottomans.
The bathroom is a very nice size with 2 entry ways. (one from the kitchen and one from the bedroom)

The location is perfect. You are minutes from the Towson Center mall that has 150 plus stores. Lots of other shopping opportunities all around. And if you want to take a quick trek into downtown Baltimore easy to do.

The staff easy and friendly.
The parking was a bit odd, but it worked.
I loved this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KnitsbyConnie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was only there one night, but I had an apartment. In addition to bedroom there was a nice living room with dining room table, and a full kitchen. Also a bonus room with another TV, great for kids.
Service was good and friendly. Underground parking was convient. Other reviews said there was a clothes washer and dryer, but I could not find it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tom S, Manager at Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi RobReno,

Thanks for taking the time to write about my hotel. What you read is true, we do have washer/dryers but not in every Suuite. They're in 137 of 192 and you can reserve one if you need it!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#29 of 61 in Baltimore
4.0 of 5 stars 448 reviews
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!