Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
$62
$119
$86
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$170
$140
Radisson
$105
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomwasher dryertowson universitywalk in closetfull service marriottdining areathe concierge loungelarge bedroomsuite hotelfree parkingacross the streetking bedbuffet breakfastfront desk staffbusiness tripcoffee maker
Reviewed July 21, 2013

All suite hotel with balcony in Towson off Baltimore Beltway I 695 . EZ 25 minutes by car to Downtown Baltimore. Very friendly, helpful and efficient staff. Free parking but garage is a challenge to navigate a large vehicle. Overall excellent accommodations with comfortable clean bedding and spotless 1BR apartment . Since one elevator was not working, hotel compensated guests with a complimentary full breakfast including omelet station. One disappointment was that the hotel has no indoor spa and swimming pool. Accessible rooms have roll-away showers but no tubs.

Room Tip: Room 1008 is a bright 1BR Suite with a Queen Bed with TV and , Sofabed and TV in LR/DR, Balcony and a Kitchen with Fridge, Microvave, Stove and W/D combo.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ESPASSOC
Tom S, Manager at Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hello ESPASSOC,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on my property for Trip Advisor. I appreciate the nice comments on the Suites and the service from the staff. It was a tough weekend with one of the elevators going down. Happily, that's behind us now and most guests were like you and saw the hotel going the extra mile.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Towson Marriott for the Baltimore Summer Kickoff lacrosse tournament. We were fortunate to be able to use Marriott points for our stay, and having reserved as a Rewards Member, we were treated to a welcome fruit and cheese platter, which has never been the case in the many times we've done so before!
The Good
No, GREAT! there is a FULL KITCHEN (stove, fridge, dishwasher) AND WASHER DRYER!! Anyone who's had to deal with the horror that is used lacrosse or hockey (or any sport i suspect) apparel will SO appreciate the convenience of tossing everything in RIGHT in the room! No lurking in the common laundry area waiting for your turn and no risk of lost or stolen anything! (Laundry soap is NOT provided)
We had a 2 room suite (plus the kitchen) with a balcony on the 11th floor. The living/dining area included a sofa/seating area as well as a dining table. The good sized bedroom had a queen sized bed and a walk-in closet.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the town center, which has an abundance of dining and shopping choices including the Towson Town Center. Towson University is out for the summer, but the center still has a small college town feel.
Staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Hotel bar has "tap tables" which allow guests to choose and our their own from of a variety of craft beers. (Amount and cost are maintained by the bartender!) We were the only customers on Saturday night, having gone down to watch the Stanely Cup Finals. The bartender tho clearl not a hockey fan was more than willing to stay when the game went into OT, which was very kind, but we didn't take advantage!
The Not As Good
The elevators are horrible!! We were on the 11th floor and EVERY ride, i felt like i was on the Tower of Terror! Having to stop on multiple floors is normally my concern with a high floor, but this was more a fear of dropping 11 stories! The sudden, lurching stops REALLY should be addressed!!!! Even the maintenance man with whom we rode said it's a problem!
The parking situation is odd, tho not insurmountable. NOTE THAT THE PARKING LEVELS HAVE SEPARATE ENTRANCES!!!!! The first entrance was JAM packed when we got in the first evening. Spots are small and people were struggling to wedge cars into them. We exited that level and realized P2 (or maybe it was P1!) could be entered via a separate entrance. It was empty! There are 2 elevator banks in the garages - 1 only goes to the P levels and to the lobby and is nowhere near the other when you exit!
Being on the 11th floor, you could still hear the outside noise a bit more than i would have expected.
The kitchen was fully updated, but the rest of the room could use some attention- missing knobs, tv that had some issues, and queen bed in a GIGANTIC room! My son said the pullout was quite uncomfortable!
The HVAC system was struggling a bit, and loud. The temp was set at 69 an the room was closer to 77!

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms would avoid the need to use the elevator!!! GO TO THE SECOND PARKING ENTRANCE!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms and location. Our room was very spacious, clean and quiet. Nice to have a kitchen with table to eat and play cards. Also the roll away bed with a tv in a separate room for kids. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is also walking distance to many great restaurants. Great stay for us.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pros: Rooms and common spaces have been renovated; rooms are like mini apartments with full kitchens (huge), W/D, DW and separate living room/dining area. Friendly service at the front desk. Complimentary water was offered after a long trip, which was nice.

Cons: Service spotty. I called ahead of time to have my Marriott number added to my reservation and to request a king (and hope that I might get a nicer room as a result). They could not add my number ahead of time. Huh? Upon entering the room (no one set expectation with me at check in), was given a queen on the sixth floor (613). AC was incredibly noisy -- so much so that we turned it off; room became hot and stuffy interrupting sleep. Water "gushing" sounds emanated from the pipes and was quite loud as well. Fitted sheets did not stay on bed. "Duvet" was barely large enough for bed. Horrible night's sleep my first night there. Tried to call the front desk to cancel my room the last day of my stay; was re-routed to two different call centers. Had to call back. Ten minutes later, still did not have a cancelled room.

More cons: Parking garage is inadequate, dated and requires expert driving skills. Elevators slow and "jumpy." Card keys frequently didn't work.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Towson University Marriott for 2 nights. I found the staff (both front desk & restaurant mgr) to be VERY accommodating throughout my stay. My suite had a separate bedroom, full kitchen, washer, dryer. Very nice. I utilized the hotel van once for an appointment and it was very punctual. This hotel does not offer room service which I'm accustomed to however there is a Starbucks within walking distance and I made the trek over one night for a snack. Overall by stay was a very pleasant one & I would certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business