Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
$118
$228
$195
$118
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomwasher dryertowson universitywalk in closetfull service marriottdining areathe concierge loungelarge bedroomsuite hotelfree parkingacross the streetking bedbuffet breakfastfront desk personhousekeeping staffdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Towson Marriott for the Baltimore Summer Kickoff lacrosse tournament. We were fortunate to be able to use Marriott points for our stay, and having reserved as a Rewards Member, we were treated to a welcome fruit and cheese platter, which has never been the case in the many times we've done so before!
The Good
No, GREAT! there is a FULL KITCHEN (stove, fridge, dishwasher) AND WASHER DRYER!! Anyone who's had to deal with the horror that is used lacrosse or hockey (or any sport i suspect) apparel will SO appreciate the convenience of tossing everything in RIGHT in the room! No lurking in the common laundry area waiting for your turn and no risk of lost or stolen anything! (Laundry soap is NOT provided)
We had a 2 room suite (plus the kitchen) with a balcony on the 11th floor. The living/dining area included a sofa/seating area as well as a dining table. The good sized bedroom had a queen sized bed and a walk-in closet.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the town center, which has an abundance of dining and shopping choices including the Towson Town Center. Towson University is out for the summer, but the center still has a small college town feel.
Staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Hotel bar has "tap tables" which allow guests to choose and our their own from of a variety of craft beers. (Amount and cost are maintained by the bartender!) We were the only customers on Saturday night, having gone down to watch the Stanely Cup Finals. The bartender tho clearl not a hockey fan was more than willing to stay when the game went into OT, which was very kind, but we didn't take advantage!
The Not As Good
The elevators are horrible!! We were on the 11th floor and EVERY ride, i felt like i was on the Tower of Terror! Having to stop on multiple floors is normally my concern with a high floor, but this was more a fear of dropping 11 stories! The sudden, lurching stops REALLY should be addressed!!!! Even the maintenance man with whom we rode said it's a problem!
The parking situation is odd, tho not insurmountable. NOTE THAT THE PARKING LEVELS HAVE SEPARATE ENTRANCES!!!!! The first entrance was JAM packed when we got in the first evening. Spots are small and people were struggling to wedge cars into them. We exited that level and realized P2 (or maybe it was P1!) could be entered via a separate entrance. It was empty! There are 2 elevator banks in the garages - 1 only goes to the P levels and to the lobby and is nowhere near the other when you exit!
Being on the 11th floor, you could still hear the outside noise a bit more than i would have expected.
The kitchen was fully updated, but the rest of the room could use some attention- missing knobs, tv that had some issues, and queen bed in a GIGANTIC room! My son said the pullout was quite uncomfortable!
The HVAC system was struggling a bit, and loud. The temp was set at 69 an the room was closer to 77!

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms would avoid the need to use the elevator!!! GO TO THE SECOND PARKING ENTRANCE!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms and location. Our room was very spacious, clean and quiet. Nice to have a kitchen with table to eat and play cards. Also the roll away bed with a tv in a separate room for kids. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is also walking distance to many great restaurants. Great stay for us.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pros: Rooms and common spaces have been renovated; rooms are like mini apartments with full kitchens (huge), W/D, DW and separate living room/dining area. Friendly service at the front desk. Complimentary water was offered after a long trip, which was nice.

Cons: Service spotty. I called ahead of time to have my Marriott number added to my reservation and to request a king (and hope that I might get a nicer room as a result). They could not add my number ahead of time. Huh? Upon entering the room (no one set expectation with me at check in), was given a queen on the sixth floor (613). AC was incredibly noisy -- so much so that we turned it off; room became hot and stuffy interrupting sleep. Water "gushing" sounds emanated from the pipes and was quite loud as well. Fitted sheets did not stay on bed. "Duvet" was barely large enough for bed. Horrible night's sleep my first night there. Tried to call the front desk to cancel my room the last day of my stay; was re-routed to two different call centers. Had to call back. Ten minutes later, still did not have a cancelled room.

More cons: Parking garage is inadequate, dated and requires expert driving skills. Elevators slow and "jumpy." Card keys frequently didn't work.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Towson University Marriott for 2 nights. I found the staff (both front desk & restaurant mgr) to be VERY accommodating throughout my stay. My suite had a separate bedroom, full kitchen, washer, dryer. Very nice. I utilized the hotel van once for an appointment and it was very punctual. This hotel does not offer room service which I'm accustomed to however there is a Starbucks within walking distance and I made the trek over one night for a snack. Overall by stay was a very pleasant one & I would certainly return.

1  Thank Nick908
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Strangely this is the second Marriott of 3 I will be staying in over the coming weeks and things seem to be going from downhill . Last weeks review got an average , this weeks a poor and there are tow main reasons.
The first is the poor state of the building , i am a light sleeper as you know and the windows in these rooms look like they were installed in the 90's and offer as much sound protection as a plastic bag.It was not just my room i asked a colleague as well , i was awake from 6am with the buses and cars on the road , she was awake at 5am with the trash truck outside . My room was on the 8th floor at the far end but overlooked the main road . After little sleep the first night i moves into the second smaller bedroom on the second night ( i was given a suite for some reason) and that was slightly better . But the peeling paint all around the place and the rotten window sills from the leaking water coming in through the windows was not nice.
Secondly the inconstant service , no paper on the first day , paper on the second day . Turn down service on the first day , not on the second day , no replenishment of the bathroom shampoo etc on the second day . Some of the staff were nice and a special call goes out to Larry behind the bar who seemed to have the right attitude and customer service interest.

Room Tip: One away from any outside noise as that's the biggest problem