We stayed at the Towson Marriott for the Baltimore Summer Kickoff lacrosse tournament. We were fortunate to be able to use Marriott points for our stay, and having reserved as a Rewards Member, we were treated to a welcome fruit and cheese platter, which has never been the case in the many times we've done so before!
No, GREAT! there is a FULL KITCHEN (stove, fridge, dishwasher) AND WASHER DRYER!! Anyone who's had to deal with the horror that is used lacrosse or hockey (or any sport i suspect) apparel will SO appreciate the convenience of tossing everything in RIGHT in the room! No lurking in the common laundry area waiting for your turn and no risk of lost or stolen anything! (Laundry soap is NOT provided)
We had a 2 room suite (plus the kitchen) with a balcony on the 11th floor. The living/dining area included a sofa/seating area as well as a dining table. The good sized bedroom had a queen sized bed and a walk-in closet.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the town center, which has an abundance of dining and shopping choices including the Towson Town Center. Towson University is out for the summer, but the center still has a small college town feel.
Staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Hotel bar has "tap tables" which allow guests to choose and our their own from of a variety of craft beers. (Amount and cost are maintained by the bartender!) We were the only customers on Saturday night, having gone down to watch the Stanely Cup Finals. The bartender tho clearl not a hockey fan was more than willing to stay when the game went into OT, which was very kind, but we didn't take advantage!
The Not As Good
The elevators are horrible!! We were on the 11th floor and EVERY ride, i felt like i was on the Tower of Terror! Having to stop on multiple floors is normally my concern with a high floor, but this was more a fear of dropping 11 stories! The sudden, lurching stops REALLY should be addressed!!!! Even the maintenance man with whom we rode said it's a problem!
The parking situation is odd, tho not insurmountable. NOTE THAT THE PARKING LEVELS HAVE SEPARATE ENTRANCES!!!!! The first entrance was JAM packed when we got in the first evening. Spots are small and people were struggling to wedge cars into them. We exited that level and realized P2 (or maybe it was P1!) could be entered via a separate entrance. It was empty! There are 2 elevator banks in the garages - 1 only goes to the P levels and to the lobby and is nowhere near the other when you exit!
Being on the 11th floor, you could still hear the outside noise a bit more than i would have expected.
The kitchen was fully updated, but the rest of the room could use some attention- missing knobs, tv that had some issues, and queen bed in a GIGANTIC room! My son said the pullout was quite uncomfortable!
The HVAC system was struggling a bit, and loud. The temp was set at 69 an the room was closer to 77!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The conveniences of home merge with the perks of hotel living at the Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel. Conveniently situated next to Towson University in the suburbs of Baltimore, Maryland, our all-suite hotel caters to extended-stay visits. Each of our modern, light-filled suites features a balcony, a fully-equipped kitchen, and separate living and dining areas for a homelike experience. Ideally suited for both families and business travelers, guests can enjoy perks like complimentary Wi-Fi Internet and a 24-hour fitness center during their stay with us. Consider hosting your small business meeting or wedding in our elegant venue space and be sure to visit the University Club at Towson, our hotel's signature restaurant. And you'll be thrilled with our excellent hotel location - just a short drive away from great shopping and entertainment in downtown Baltimore. We look forward to hosting you at the Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towson University Marriott Hotel Towson
- Marriott Conference Center Towson
- Towson Marriott
- Marriott Towson