“VERY accommodating staff......”

Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Towson University Marriott for 2 nights. I found the staff (both front desk & restaurant mgr) to be VERY accommodating throughout my stay. My suite had a separate bedroom, full kitchen, washer, dryer. Very nice. I utilized the hotel van once for an appointment and it was very punctual. This hotel does not offer room service which I'm accustomed to however there is a Starbucks within walking distance and I made the trek over one night for a snack. Overall by stay was a very pleasant one & I would certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick908

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Strangely this is the second Marriott of 3 I will be staying in over the coming weeks and things seem to be going from downhill . Last weeks review got an average , this weeks a poor and there are tow main reasons.
The first is the poor state of the building , i am a light sleeper as you know and the windows in these rooms look like they were installed in the 90's and offer as much sound protection as a plastic bag.It was not just my room i asked a colleague as well , i was awake from 6am with the buses and cars on the road , she was awake at 5am with the trash truck outside . My room was on the 8th floor at the far end but overlooked the main road . After little sleep the first night i moves into the second smaller bedroom on the second night ( i was given a suite for some reason) and that was slightly better . But the peeling paint all around the place and the rotten window sills from the leaking water coming in through the windows was not nice.
Secondly the inconstant service , no paper on the first day , paper on the second day . Turn down service on the first day , not on the second day , no replenishment of the bathroom shampoo etc on the second day . Some of the staff were nice and a special call goes out to Larry behind the bar who seemed to have the right attitude and customer service interest.

Room Tip: One away from any outside noise as that's the biggest problem
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every thing bout this hotel was awesome.. Stayed in the executive suite and it was very spacious with a kitchenette and 2 living rooms.. The bathroom was separated from the bedroom.. Room service was on point and services were always available. Breakfast hours lasted until 11 which made it convenient for sleeping in and still being able to make it. The balcony and view was so peaceful. Prices were reasonable. I love this hotel and I would recommend this place to anyone..

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am used to staying at Springhill Suites Marriotts. That's what I thought I had booked this time. these are nice multi purpose mini suites, good for short stays.
What a surprise when we walked in to a beautifully decorated, large, apartment like accommodation. The price was terrific, too.
A full kitchen with refrigerator, range, dishwasher, sink, cabinets and dishes and silverware. A large bedroom. A full size living room. Two large TVs. A bathroom so sumptuous and spacious it had two entrances, one from the hallway and one from the bedroom. Two large closets.
Fabulous.
My only complaint is that I am used to getting a good breakfast included in the price and no one told me that it was separate. We did have the breakfast anyway and it was a full buffet with eggs anyway you wanted them and everything as much as you could eat. $15. plus tax and tip.
Across the street from the campus and good parking.
If you are visiting kids at Towson or just need a place to stay near here, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice Marriott hotel situated across the street from Towson University (even has a walkway that leads from the hotel over the street and into the University). In close proximity to the town center of Towson. I did not walk it, but you could. Was upgraded to a 1-BR suite with balcony. Breakfast buffet at the University Club (inside the hotel) was top-notch with both hot and cold foods. Free parking in the underground garage. There was also another restaurant in the hotel for lunch and dinner, which I did not visit. Hotel was very clean and staff were very accomodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Take a high floor facing the University (front of the hotel), for nice views of the University.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been staying here multiple times for work and really enjoy it. I think this hotel used to be an apartment building, so all the guest rooms are shaped like those you'd expect from a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. The elevators tend to be a bit slow, so I usually take the stairs, even if my room is on the 10th floor. (I just play a game on my phone or something to distract myself while climbing)

If you have access to the lounge, then you'll meet a lady named Darlene in the evenings. She is unbelievably nice and will take great care of you! There's usually some type of light snacks and dessert as well as soda, bottled water, ahd chips. Alcohol is also available for purchase. During breakfast, the morning attendant is a little bit rude. I think breakfast in the lounge is a little bit on the small side compared to Hilton, but it's nothing to complain about. There's pastries, eggs, yogurt, sausage or bacon, juice, cereal, melons (and sometimes berries), and oatmeal.

Two small complaints:
1. The gym is missing 20 and 25 pound free weights.
2. Parking is annoying. Especially if you have a larger vehicle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I traveled to Towson for a one day conference. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The hotel is in a good location. You can walk to food establishments and the shopping mall isn't too far away. I loved that the room had a full kitchen and dining area. It snowed the day that we arrived and we were able to stand out on the balcony and watch it come down. The room had a king bed and a very nice roomy bathroom. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, and helpful. The housekeeping staff was very helpful as well. Very nice hotel; I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
#27 of 67 in Baltimore
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!