“The name says it all” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Bethesda, Maryland
“The name says it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We wandered into Fresh, Fresh Seafood, Inc. not knowing what to expect late on a Saturday afternoon. We had a very simple order: a selection of Tilapia, shrimp, crab cake and clams. All very, very fresh and cooked to order. With the exception of the clams, everything was grilled. The clams were fried--light breading, nothing heavy or greasy about it. Just right. The grilled selections were done with light but tasty seasoning, and timed perfectly. The decor is right out of the '50s--said with admiration. There is nothing "done-up" about Fresh, Fresh. It is a straightforward production. It's all about the fish and seafood, which is at it should be. It's genuine. It couldn't have been better.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jim G

Towson, Maryland
“Not bad but have had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The seafood is fresh but what I had was a little fishy tasting, didn't really care for it. Maybe it was a lack of seasoning, really not sure. I think it may have been crab macaroni and cheese or something like that.

Visited October 2012
Norcross, Ga
“Fresh Fresh Seafood - I will go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Fresh Fresh is very different, so read on, and then decide.

First, and hopefully most important, the food is very good and very fresh. I had a crabcake (I am a Baltimore native and am picky) - she says it has no filler in it, but it held together better than it should have to not have filler. Large and somewhat flat, rather than some you see that are more "round" in appearance. [Actually, my husband and I split the two crabcake meal, and we were fine - came with two sides]. One of my guests had the soft shell crab - he liked it. My son had the Chilean Sea Bass and was very happy with it. We had salads as one of our sides and they were good...not much more than bagged salad, but fresh.

The prices are right up there with other fresh seafood - which is to say, fairly pricey - but what you are getting is fresh, and this is not a tourist-y place - much more a local treasure.

Now - the "other" -

It is BYOB - this is not bad, and there is a Trader Joe's across the street - but we were confused because she saw we had bags and asked a question, which turned out to be asking if we had brought wine. We hadn't. But if you want something besides soft drinks, bring it.

The soda comes in cans and is poured into glasses, so you are charged for each can. One time she refilled my son's Sprite with water, even though he was telling her it was Sprite - she brought him a new can, but we got charged for it. We also got water, and I recommend ordering some for everyone - it comes in very small glasses and was needing to be refilled constantly.

It is in a row of shops/restaurants in Towson. The decor is very casual, and we dressed very casually.

They are only open until 730 at night (I think they are at the fish dock at about 330 AM), and they take reservations, but part of that is to know someone is coming - we got there at 715 PM, and we were the only ones there. When my son was making/changing reservations, he was asked what we were going to eat - and we had never been there before.

Darlene, the co-owner - was very attentive, almost too attentive - it might have been nicer to split her attention with another table. Kind of like eating at your mother's house and she hasn't seen you for a while, and is not eating with you.

There is a huge mall across the street, north a block or two. We made reservations for 715 and walked around the mall for a while beforehand, then walked over. We parked in the Trader Joe's lot, since we knew we wanted to stop there before leaving - we got back there at about 845, and did not rush through dinner.

For a table of 4, with one meal split, the check was about $110 - and it DID include the tip, which was not spelled out very well.

• Visited May 2012