“Just OK.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Orlando, Florida
“Just OK.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed 2 nights for a family funeral.
My room stunk like old mothballs and mildew, but I was so tired I just jumped into bed.
The first night, 2 times someone tried getting in my room - The front desk sent over security twice. Then there was a loud banging repeatedly and front desk said it was someone trying to wake the person in their room because he was locked out.
The second night, after complaining the front desk put me in different room. This room was like staying at a different hotel! It was clean, comfortable, and that experience was terrific!
The hotel has a bar in it, enter through the small lobby. And a pretty decent complimentary breakfast - make sure to ask for your ticket.
Overall, the experience could have been a better one - but that second night was worth the money.

• 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well worth the price. My stay was very pleasant and the people at the front desk were very helpful. My only complaints would be the wi-fi reception I only got it one night out five, but overall it was great. I plan on staying again when I visit this area.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jessica K, Manager at Days Inn Towson, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to hear your stay with us was good and that the next time you are in the area you will staying with us again. I am sorry that you had issues connecting to the complimentary Wi-Fi, please know that I have contacted our Internet Service Provider to look into this matter. Thanks again for your input and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The iron did not work. There was an old model TV with a remote that only worked for on and off. Spiders and other outdoor bugs were in the the room, I killed seven. Room floors were dirty. Towels had permanent stains. Housekeeping left a new towel and wash cloth but did not remove the used ones. Walls were dirty with greasy fingerprints. When the heater came on it would get colder in the room even at 78 degrees. You could hear every adjoining room conversation. Bar patrons were always standing outside late at night. This was the worst hotel stay I have had in 25 years.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car