“Good location for us”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ohio
“Good location for us”
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Just came back from our third stay in a year at the Towson Holiday Inn, Cromwell Bridge Rd. One thing for sure, what it has to offer is steady. Our room was acceptable, needs some updating. But slept like a baby! The bed was extremely comfortable! The front desk staff was friendly. We stay here due to the location of visiting friends and family. We arrived at 12:30 and stopped in. We were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready! We did find it funny that there was a bottle of water in the room next to ice bucket and if you opened it, it was $3! Water pressure in the shower was decent. Room views off the back of the hotel are not desireable. We didn't use it this time, but in the past we have used their in-room high speed internet, which we had no problems with. The bar and restaurant when we've gone in there, are somewhat deserted. But the food we've had has always been acceptable even though they don't always have what's on their menu. One of the TVs in the bar seems to be dedicated to movies and hotel staff seem to watch it in there, altho that wasn't too much of an issue this past trip. The other TVs are on sports channels, but any can be changed just be asking the bartender, who was friendly. We had a nice evening in the bar with family and friends. There is a computer and printer in the lobby for guest use. All in all, it was a great value and the location perfect for us. It is right off the beltway so it is convenient to go anywhere. There are no real dining or shopping options within walking distance, so a car is needed.

• Liked — Location convenience to main roads, value for money
  • Disliked — No view in back rooms, needs some upating
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
NewJersey
Reviewed October 3, 2008

With a daughter at college in the area, we have tried several hotels. This was a disappointment. Upon arrival at 5:00 on a Friday, we found the television not working (also noticed it was unplugged so expect this was a known problem) Called front desk and they said someone would be up soon. Left at 6:30 for dinner, reminding them of the problem at the front desk. Returned at 9:00 and no televsion. Now the hotel is full and there is no replacement.
Next morning spoke to frent desk, they gave us 1/2 off the room and two breakfast coupons for 20.00 (luckily we eat light - the breakfasts are a bit expensive). Upon returning that evening - we had a televison.
A bit of a problem with the bill checking out - they added the 1/2 off instead of crediting it - but it finally got straighten.
The positive is the demeanor of the front desk, apologetic and friendly - but that does not fix the television! The room was clean, nothing real special.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JKNJ

Travelers are raving about these Towson hotels

Richlands, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Over the last 4 weeks I have stayed here. Overall the front desk (in person) was very responsive to any and all needs. But, due to the fact that I am staying there 4 days per week (for an 8-12 week period) I would call in advance to confirm the reservation (2 rooms - King smoking and King non-smoking) and request a mini-fridge and microwave in both. There was never a problem with this in the non-smoking room, but on third floor (the smoking floor) this seemed to be a problem. I would call to request these items and was told to ask for them at check-in. At check-in, I was told to look in the room and call if they were not there. That seemed odd to me since I have asked for this before arrival. On all stays I did get both within the first day. Considering I am bringing perishables to offset the cost of travel, it would have been nice to have per my request at check-in.

Over the past four weeks I have had the opportunity to dine and relax in the lounge. The Jamaican bartender, Youwinn (sp?) has been outstanding - a great conversationalist. He has made my visits to the lounge/restaurant exceptional. From food service to cocktail he has exceeded expected customer service.

Overall I would say the hotel is run well. The air conditioner units are a bit older and the TVs need updating but the WiFi, personal service and the priority club benfits make it worthwhile.

• Liked — Friendly staff, convenient location to Beltway and the "off the beaten path" location
  • Disliked — Air conditioners, TV and inattentavness of staff over the phone (in person was great tho)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Better than a 2 star, not quite a 3 star. We stayed there for 2 nights and were very happy with our stay. The room was clean and the hotel provided cribs needed for babies. The room with double beds was very big compared to other hotels. This is a good for hotel for families with children. They provided cribs and I believe they have cots (for older kids). The location is good 1 minute off the 695 Baltimore Beltway. The hotel has a coin washing machine and dryer on the 6th floor which can be really convenient for for families traveling with children. The hotel also have a small fridge and microwave in the room and a decent sized swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed May 18, 2008

From my initial contact (telephone call-I had some questions), this was an outstanding experience. We were late check-ins, arriving after 10PM, but the staff was cheerful, personable, and professional. It was that way the entire stay. EVERY staff person was pleasant and polite, no matter what hour of the day or night. Also, the property was clean, the rooms were lovely,,,,,it was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I am looking forward to going back in the future.

• Liked — Staff service/attitudes and cleanliness of facility
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed May 2008
New Jersey
Reviewed February 29, 2008

First problem, was a severe lack of heat in the room. I left the heat on full blast, and didn't get above 67? I told the front desk, and they said they would have maintance look at it, I think all he did was look at it, because it didn't get any better.
Second problem, It was impossible to get anything hot out of the resturant. If it wasn't undercooked, it was just luke warm.
Third, I took my laundry to the front desk (in by 8 back the same day). I guess that is easy to do when they never sent my laundry out!!
And finally, the maid turned the heat off every morning when they serviced the room!!!! Here's a hint... if it's 10degrees outside....LEAVE THE HEAT ON!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank jmj732
East Coast
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Wary of some of the negative reviews, I booked in for one night anyway. And I'm glad I did! The service--from the front desk to the restaurant to dinner delivery--was excellent. The staff were courteous, friendly, and helpful. The renovated rooms included both a microwave and mini-fridge. And the best part? One of the most comfortable hotel beds I have EVER stayed in--including a full range of pillows from firm to soft to choose from--even compared to some of the top hotels in the world that I've traveled to, such as the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok or Raffles in Dubai. And what more can you ask for from a hotel than a good night's sleep? I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#29 of 66 in Baltimore

Been to Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!