“Wish it were a bit better but still a good experience”

Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Towson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC, United States
“Wish it were a bit better but still a good experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my go to hotel and I love the staff there, the bed is so great for me as I like a firm mattress. They've raised their pricing exponentially but the quality has lowered a bit. Broken dispenser in my room, no toilet paper upon my arrival and we had to try several different key cards because they were not working.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BridgetDely, Manager at Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your response and we are constantly striving to improve. We hope that you will return and see the difference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Parkville, Maryland
Reviewed June 26, 2014

In the past two weeks, June 2014, I had occasion (3 times) to stay at the Best Western, Towson, MD, 21286 due to renovations being done in my home. Upon arrival at the hotel, the check-in staff were very cordial and friendly. However, once I went to my room I found the room to have a very unpleasant odor; leaving me with the opinion that the carpet is in desperate need of shampooing and sanitizing. As well, the dispensers containing body soap, shampoo, etc. were empty.

Upon my second stay, also due to renovations to my home, fortunately I carried air freshener with me, the second guest room I stayed in had the same horrible odor as the first guest room I had; again, I believe the carpet to be in desperate need of shampooing and sanitizing.

Finally, on my third stay, again due to renovations to my home, the guest room had a horrible odor; there were no Kleenex in the tissue holder, no soap or shampoo in the body soap dispenser or shampoo dispenser, and the closet door was off the track. While I continue to return to Best Western, believe me it is out of necessity because I suffer with allergies and am unable to stay in my home during the renovations and all other hotels in the immediate area had no vacancies.

Mrs. W

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Valeria W
BridgetDely, Manager at Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
On behalf of the Best Western Plus we do apologize for your unpleasant stay. We are constantly trying to improve so our guest receive the best atmosphere and service. We hope that in time you will give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Towson hotels

Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've stayed here often in recent years, and wouldn't consider going anywhere else when in northern Baltimore or nearby Baltimore County. Its people are always welcoming, good at what they do, and thoroughly professional. It helps, too, to be surrounded by trees and convenient to the Beltway and Routes 95 and 83.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

York, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2014

On June 10th I personally stopped in to make business reservation for suite. The 12th I received confirmation of reservation of suite. I called June 18 one hour before reservation to confirm. Upon arrival manager had changed to suite to a regular room and at that hour there was no opportunity to change hotels and I tried. Ended up staying and informed that hotel staff or manage had obligation to notify client of changes because how could hotel manager know needs of client after 3 contacts had been made indicating what actual needs were. Manage very unhelpful and blamed staff members when he was one who changed reservation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Harry C
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I was here for four nights while my daughter was in a lacrosse camp at the University. The hotel is conveniently located, just a few minutes from the large shopping mall and from the University. The breakfast was actually pretty good and the staff was very attentive down there. I also had lunch once in the Vietnamese restaurant on site and it was delicious. My biggest issue was with the smell. I don't know if it is what they use to clean things with or if they are trying to hide something but there was this smell that left me with a sore throat and a headache. I guess I am sensitive to smells. I would stay here again in a pinch but might search elsewhere first

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dover, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice bar. Average hotel breakfast. Staff were constantly cleaning-especially in breakfast area, which was quite impressive. Bar tenders were highlight of stay---they can really mix a drink! Kudos! Front desk staff were hit or miss but no major issues. Location was great and pricing was unbeatable for weekend rates.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Sean M
BridgetDely, Manager at Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We are pleased you decided to stay. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I always trust Tripadvisor. But, not on this one. The hotel is cheap, and there is a reason why.
It is filthy, and smells terrible. The two men out front are not drunk as one review stated. They are nice, with handicapps. But, they do walk around the hotel, and scared the children.
On our 2nd floor they held some sort of seminar and there were all sort of people walking around freely on the guest floor, which I found odd, and not too safe. Considering it was right beside our room. There are all sorts of people walking around this hotel all day. My biggest complaint is how dirty it is, and the smell. I am sorry, but I definitely would not stay here again. I don't think I would consider another Best Western after this. Life guard at the pool does not speak any English, he sits in a corner with his Ipod and ear buds. Front Desk girls are very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!