“Good night's sleep near Towson U.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Cromwell Bridge Road, Towson, MD 21286-2216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
GET A $50 GIFT CARD
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Towson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Berlin, New Jersey
“Good night's sleep near Towson U.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

While visiting Towson University, we needed a nearby place to stay before hitting the road in the morning. Best Western Plus Towson fit the bill with a clean room, comfortable bed and convenient location. The rates here for a suite were better than for a room at the hotels that are closer to Towson U or Goucher College, and the drive is not bad at all - maybe 10 minutes (the GPS will likely take you through town to get there, but fear not, it's conveniently located just off 695!).

Public areas are clean and well-lit, and the breakfast buffet was decent and in their spacious dining room (added bonus, with CNN and other programs on TVs so you can relax and catch up on the news while getting breakfast).

I agree with a previous reviewer that it's odd that there's no door between the bedroom and living room (which has a fold-out sofa bed), but not a big deal. Also, one caution - if you book online, be sure to confirm your reservation by phone. I had a glitch with my online reservation (which was resolved at check-in), but I heard that there had been other problems with last minute bookings making it into their system.

Overall, I recommend Best Western Plus if you're on business in the Towson area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeandGayle
BridgetDely, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for such an informative review! We love hearing the things that our guests enjoyed about their stay. We look forward to seeing you back in Towson soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our room was comfortable and quite spacious. They really could use a solid door between the living room and the bedroom, but that's my only quibble. The breakfast buffet had scrambled eggs, bacon, and a pancake-making machine, among other selections. No fresh fruit though.

The room was clean, and seemed, well, new.

I'd say here again in a second!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ATLANTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was a convenient hotel to stay at for the work I was in town for. The hotel was clean and comfortable.
There was not much variety for the breakfast but it was good enough to get me started daily.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Catonsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel used to be an old Holiday Inn. This is my first visit since the owner renovated and its amazing! What a difference!!! The new open commons area as you come in looks terrific My room was clean and comfortable. My stay was memorable!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for the great review! The renovations are quite dramatic if you remember the old hotel. Everything from guest rooms to the lobby bar has been remodeled. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Based on recent TripAdvisor reviews, we were a bit skeptical about staying at the Best Western Plus, but several factors enticed us to take the risk: 1) the hotel's proximity to both the Baltimore Beltway (about 90 seconds) and to Goucher College (5 minutes by car), where we were visiting the next day; 2) the hotel's very competitive rates; and 3) the high TripAdvisor ranking among hotels in Towson.

My son and I arrived late—after 11 PM—but the front desk clerk was friendly and efficient, so we checked in quickly and painlessly. The room was clean and pleasant, and it appeared to have been recently renovated. The bedding was turned down and we found the pillows and mattresses to be comfortable. The bathroom came stocked with more than enough towels, a feature that similar hotels often skimp on.

I did have a couple of peeves about the room, which others might find either more or less bothersome than I did. First, the shower head was very high and difficult to adjust between standard flow and pulsating settings. [I am about average height; I expect others may have had a similar experience, particularly if similar bath fixtures are used throughout the hotel.] Second, the heating unit lacked a continuous fan setting. As a result, the fan cycled on and off frequently, making it difficult for me to fall asleep.

We are both sensitive to smoke, but despite concerns we had from reading earlier reviews, we did not experience any smoke-related problems, nor did we detect even a trace of tobacco odor in our room or in the hallway. [At check-in guests are required to sign a statement that if smoke is detected in a non-smoking room, the guest is liable for an additional $250 charge. I don't know if this is hotel policy due to earlier incidents such as those reported in previous reviews, or whether it reflects a local/state ordinance. Whatever the reason, if I were a smoker staying in a non-smoking room, having to sign that acknowledgment of liability would be more than enough incentive to keep me from lighting up in the room!]

Breakfast was OK. In addition to the typical cold fare, scrambled eggs and sausage were available. I also had my first encounter with an automated pancake maker: just push a button and one minute later, a pancake flops out of the side slot. The resulting pancake was a bit rubbery for my taste. [My inner child has always liked the do-it-yourself Belgian waffle makers that appear in many comparable hotels' breakfast buffets. Although they can be messy, the waffles can also be reasonably tasty. In contrast, the automated pancake maker doesn't seem quite ready for prime time.]

Checkout was pleasant and painless. The front desk had printed directions to the college, which was convenient, and the route was simple to follow.

Overall, our experience at the Best Western Plus in Towson was more consistent with the majority of positive reviews than with the most recent batch. Despite the minor irritations, our stay was an excellent value for the price and we would not hesitate to return when we are back in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
3.0 of 5 stars 69 reviews
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!