“This did not meet the standards I expect from Best Western.”

Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Towson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I choose Best Western because I know what I am getting: a clean room, good bed, nice friendly service and breakfast. This BW was disappointing compared to others I have stayed in. The hallway smelled of smoke. The bathroom was dirty and had a big sharp crack in the molding. We booked the room for 3 of us, there were no extra towels and one teeeeeny tiny shampoo and conditioner (not enough for 1 let alone 3) There was mold under the soap dish, dirt on outlets, etc... The worst though was the old coffee filter/grinds left in the coffee pot and when I turned down the sheets, the sheets were obviously old, worn and THERE WAS A LONG BLACK HAIR in the bed.

The room is a good size with microwave, fridge and coffee maker. I would have enjoyed it more if the room was cleaned properly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BridgetDely, Manager at Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. It is our goal to have every guest feel welcome and at home when they are with us. The house keeping manager has spoken with our staff to insure that this does not happen again. I hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you on your next visit to Towson. Please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was a place to stop at midnight for sleep then wake up the next morning to drive on. It was fine. There were two double beds. Each had a heavy cover/slip on top. But putting both heavy tops on the same bed I slept very soundly. Have been suprised at several hotels recently where there was no heavy cover so if you are used to sleeping under weighty, this can be a problem. Not here. The room was quite, the heater/AC worked, the curtains blocked the light, the free breakfast was good, the coffee was good. Not a bad place to stop.

Room Tip: As you approach the hotel from the freeway you drive past it and make a right. Do not make a right...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthew D

Thank you for stopping and staying with us! We are so glad that you were able to have a good night sleep during a long road trip. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our hotel.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place had good reviews and had a recent " complete renovation".. Yes, the drapes and pillows were new, the sink in the bathroom ( not the cabinet) was new but the furnishings were old, the room were dark and not well cleaned. The door didn't shut by itself and I had to throw my body at it to either open or close it. The shower diverter only worked partially. The desk lampshade had been smashed. There was only one washer and dryer for which there was a long line and no change left at reception. I had to spend a whole evening sitting in that area to get my turn.

I did complain about the door the first night. The very pleasant woman at the front desk said it must be a new problem but the door had clearly. Not been shutting for ages by the worn away areas.
She said it would be fixed the next day. It wasn' t as they needed to remove the door and door surround... The manager knew it was a problem in 6 rooms.

I did leave early and complained to the manager who comped me one night. Tis was satisfactory but I would never stay he again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sarawelder
BridgetDely, Manager at Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for writing a review and letting us know where we need to make improvements. It is our goal that everyone who stays with us is comfortable and happy. I apologize for your inconveniences but am glad you were able to talk to a manager while you were still here.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful overnight stay. Lots of dining nearby, comfy room with microwave and frig, pleasant staff and a great breakfast. Location was perfect for going to downtown Baltimore following day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times for work. The staff here is always friendly, and the hotel is near restaurants and a nice mall. Not only is there a pretty good continental breakfast, but also the onsite Vietnamese restaurant is delicious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This stay was one of several we had used before. It is in a convenient location for use to usse when visiting family and friends and for medical puposes. We will probably stay here in the future. The price could be better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Timothy M
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Found a great room rate on getaroom.com: newly remodeled rooms. Big king size room: bed and pillows very comfortable. Room was clean. Bathroom tiles were a little dirty and old. Difficult to get the room warm. The free breakfast was of good selection and quanity. Plenty of free parking. The hotel is off of 695 and safe neighborhood. I would recommend for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
4 mi away
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!