“Comfortable hotel with free breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Comfortable hotel with free breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Found a great room rate on getaroom.com: newly remodeled rooms. Big king size room: bed and pillows very comfortable. Room was clean. Bathroom tiles were a little dirty and old. Difficult to get the room warm. The free breakfast was of good selection and quanity. Plenty of free parking. The hotel is off of 695 and safe neighborhood. I would recommend for an overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went to Towson to return our daughter to college. Trying to save money i found a good price with Best Western. We were both very impressed at the level of service and cleanliness of this hotel. Front desk service was professional and friendly. the TV in the room did not work and they had someone there in 2 minutes to fix it. We did not eat at the vietnamese-style restaurant there but there was a very friendly staff at the bar. And the complimentary breakfast was good and all we needed to get going.

Room Tip: We try to get a room at the end of the hall. Tends to be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Thinman41
Etters
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had an event to attend in the Baltimore area on Saturday and an event in the DC area on Sunday, so we chose this motel. Great location and easy to find. You walk through the main entrance to the aroma of freshly baked cookies...who does this? The front desk staff was probably the friendliest I have ever encountered at a motel. The motel was well maintained and our room was clean. My only complaint, and its a personal choice, is that the bed and pillows were too FIRM. I will stay here again, next time I will bring my own pillow! We did not eat breakfast here, my husband checked it out and thought it looked less than desirable...again, a personal choice.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall, and didn't hear a sound the entire time we were in our roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank steelersmama
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was a bit skeptical when my company informed me that on this trip, I'm staying in a best western.
Well, upon driving off the I 695, I was pleasantly surprised by the outside appearance of the hotel. Approaching the front desk, the pleasant aroma of fresh baked cookies couldn't helped but be noticed. At the front desk, the front desk person was just as delightful as the cookies I was smelling. Of course I was offered some cookies.....triple chocolate.....Hmmmm.
Elevator to the fourth floor and to my surprise when I opened the room door, nice king size suite, nicely decorated and furnished, made me think I was in a ritz carlton or embassy suites. Initially, my company stated, i can move if dissatisfied with the accommodation. Move, what....I may just extend my trip till February. I'm definitely signing up for the best western rewards program.....Who knew! Pleasantly Surprised. Oh and tomorrow a full breakfast and managers meet and greet in the evening! Can't wait.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently completed a 3 month stay at the hotel and Had a wonderful experience. The staff from the managment, desk clerks, cleaning and restaurant are all very friendly, and helpful. They rescued me from a different hotel that I was not happy at!!!! I enjoyed the amenity of an attached restaurant and bar with awesome vietnamese food!!! The convienent location of the hotel is a plus, close to the city of Baltimore and everything you need in Towson!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracys4444
BridgetDely, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Probably my best hotel experience in the last four months of frequent travels. The young lady at the front desk was the kindest. She was very welcoming and answered all my inquiries vey patiently. The Vietnamese restaurant at the hotel is a must. Delicious healthy food. If I move into town I'd be a regular at this place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Southern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

When our flight from San Juan was delayed, we elected to stay in Towson for the night rather than trying to drive 2 hours to NJ in the dark. We had stayed at the Sheraton last fall when visiting our daughter, but we found it expensive and inconvenient.

We decided to try the Best Western. I looked on the internet and then booked over the phone. Our room was $89 for a Saturday evening of a holiday weekend. Upon arrival we were given a little bag with a bottle of water and a Nutri-grain bar since we are BW club members.

Everyone was very friendly at the BW. Our room was large and clean and included a refrigerator/microwave. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was nice with eggs and juice and other items, and my husband enjoyed the pancake maker.

The breakfast area is a Vietnamese restaurant by night, and my daughter says the food is very good and reasonable.

Next time we are in Towson to visit our daughter, we will definitely come back to the Best Western, as we felt it was a good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium
4.0 of 5 stars 187 reviews
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
3.0 of 5 stars 69 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!