“LOVED!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Los Angeles, CA.
“LOVED!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2007

I was there for 6 days and I have to say that I really enjoy my stay at Comfort Inn Towson!! The stuff was very helpful and really nice, the room was very clean and restocked everyday!! Never touch any of my personal belongings!!! I would go back and stay there again!!!

Oh and you have to go to The Bel-Loc Diner on the corner a min. walk for the hotel! Great service!!

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Oswego NY,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

I stayed at this hotel with a group of 100 students on a recent school trip. The staff was great, but some rooms smelled like sewer during the entire 3 night stay. Many rooms also had damage (bathroom ceilings caving-in in the corner, credenza doors that wouldn't close, etc.) This hotel needs to have money invested in cosmetic work. It looked like it would have been really nice in it's day and could easily be so again. But for now, I would not stay there or recommend anyone else to do so.

• Stayed October 2006
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Towson hotels

IRVINE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2006

I stayed in the Comfort Inn a year ago and swore it off because of poor internet. This is an older facilty, appealing to budget travelers. It is fairly well maintained, and is a pretty good deal for the price. On my return, the internet worked great. You can find better hotels in the area for the same price or less via Hotwire, but Hotwire isn't always there for you when you need it. Rooms are plain, but tidy. Desk is small, but the chair has arms (most hotels in this class are 'armless'). The bed is adequate. One nice feature: the bathtub has a long shallow angle that let's you lean back in it more comfortably than most upscale hotels. Travelers includes business types, contractors, etc., but it seems like the contractors everyone loves the most (the ones who love to sip their beer and talk loud all night just outside your room) all stay across the street at the Ramada Inn. :)

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I must express that I am not a person who complains about the thread count on sheets, but I DO expect to have whatever sheets that are given to me to be clean, as well as the room. Upon entering our room, it smelled as if someone had a smoker's fest! My husband and I are both non-smokers and we asked to have a non-smoking room when we booked the trip 2 months in advance.. I went to wash my hands in the bathroom and there was hair in the drain as well as hair on the toilet bowl! YUCK! I pulled back the sheets to see what was in store for me and well what do you know? The sheets were NOT changed..GROSS! It seemed as if the people that had been in that room prior to us just left and the maid never came to clean the room. We complained to the front desk and they were very apologetic. They transferred us to another room on the same floor which was must better. I should say it was SPOTLESS.. (Thank Goodness) We both decided to stay since the reason we were there was to see the Yankees/Orioles game. We were certain that all other hotels would have been booked solid. We will certainly never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2005

We typically stay at Choice Hotels during our Child's sports competitions. We stayed one night at this Hotel with our free bonus points. This is the dirtiest Choice Hotel we have every stayed at in four states.

BAR NONE.

Hair in the shower, toothpaste on the mirror and sink faucet. There was a coffee stirrer, ink pen and candy papers left in the floor between our beds. The sheets on the bed had either not been changed or were so stained we could not tell if they had been changed. It wasn't just our room either. The corridors looked as if the carpet had not been vacuumed in months. I confirmed with other guests their rooms were in similar disarray.

My wife said it all, since it is so late and we don't want to seek another hotel I'll just sleep in my clothes rather than touching these sheets.

I would not return even if they paid me to stay here. I did receive a nice letter of apology from Choice Hotels corporate promising to fix the problem, but from the other reviews I see it appears to be a long-term problem.

On the positive note the desk clerk was very friendly and efficient.

Run far far away to another Hotel or stay in your car!

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2004

We attempted to stay there but it was disgusting. The room was very small and the hallways were smokey/hazey (not sure what that was all about, especially on a nonsmoking floor). The entry hall floors in lobby were stained, not a good first impression. Having a 3 year old, we needed a fridge and microwave which arrived before we got to the room but were nasty--filthy. The room was so dirty--I was too afraid at that point to even pull back the blankets. We lasted only 1 hour and had to get out of there quick!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2004

One of the worst experiences ever with a hotel. I booked this hotel on one of the travel websites for an ok price. I then called the morning of my arrival to confirm my reservation of 2 non-smoking rooms with 2 beds each. I was told no problem since I had already paid in advance using a travel website. I mentioned that I would not be arriving until about 1AM would that be a problem with getting 2 non-smoking rooms. Again, I was told that would not be a problem.

Upon arrival and check-in I was given two rooms. I was told by the clerk at the front desk that the rooms were either/or regarding smoking. In other words they were smoking rooms. The smell was terrible. One of the people in my party suffers from asthma so we clearly could not stay in these smelly rooms. The other problem was the roaches! We opened the door to the first room and saw a roach run across the night stand and there was a roach in the shower!

We decided not to stay and called the internet travel site to see about a refund. I was told that the hotel would have to refund the money. The hotel refused to refund the two rooms even though we did not stay there. We checked in at 1AM and checked out at 1:30AM. I was charged for one night for both rooms!

We ended up staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in White Marsh which was a wonderful, clean hotel and not very far from Towson.

10 Thank TWLaughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Comfort Inn Towson? Share your experiences!