“Rundown & Seedy”
Review of Comfort Inn Towson

Comfort Inn Towson
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hotel is behind a liquor store, not a good start. A non-smoking facility that smells like an ashtray at the front door; the entire 3rd floor smelled like a cigar. Elevator is slow. Everything in the room was stained: the carpet, the furniture, the bathroom floor and the toilet. The internet varied between slow and off. I could not connect my tablet or smart phone at all. The coffee maker in the room came with two packets of decaf and no regular coffee (guess this is a way to save on their coffee expense).

I've stayed in plenty of hotels, but have never awakened with such a sore back. Not sure what's wrong with the bed, but maybe it's way past its prime like everything else in this hotel.

I can report that the shower had plenty of pressure and was plenty hot.

Room Tip: Stay at a nice hotel instead of this one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I enjoyed my week long stay at the hotel. The front desk manager, Nick, was truly a joy and very helpful. Thanks to the cook, front desk staff and cleaning staff for making my stay a pleasant one. The rooms were very comfortable and clean.! Although the area around the hotel may be a little questionable, the hotel is an oasis.! Great price, Great hot breakfast, clean room, friendly staff, what more can you ask for. Thanks Comfort Inn, Towson, Maryland for a great week's stay. I felt like a part of the family.
-Rm311

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Look, I've stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years. This is the FIRST and ONLY time I have requested a refund and left the property - and it was before we even saw our room!

We were traveling through on I-95 and I called the reservation line for a local Choice hotel. When we arrived there was no greeting. The man behind the counter, who I will refer to only as "R" may want to consider a different line of work - one that doesn't deal with people. It was the most awkward and unfriendly check-in I've ever encountered. But it was late, so I didn't mind that much...until we parked the car and noticed the car next to us had its window smashed in! Even then, we moved the car closer to the building and were going to follow through. My husband decided to wait downstairs to alert the front desk of the guests' car that had been apparently broken into, and I went upstairs with ALL our belongings (as we didn't want to leave anything in the car!).

Well, the key didn't work. Went back downstairs with all our stuff. The phone at the front desk was ringing off the hook. A man in line in front of us was requesting a plunger for the second time. Another couple had noticed the vandalized car and asked "R" about it - he had NO reaction! I've never seen anything like it. When it was finally our turn we demanded a refund.

Perhaps it's better off that we never got inside that room...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bunny7475
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a pleasant Comfort Inn with all the usual amenities. It is very convenient for access to Baltimore but far enough out to be well priced. We had a friendly welcome and good breakfast with a wide selection of food in clouding some hot. There is a good choice of restaurants nearby. We are just travelling between Philadelphia and Washington DC picking up sites on the way so this was a great place to stop.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stella1001
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This motel is literally adjacent to the Beltway, but it's still kind of a long haul over to Hampden or the Inner Harbor. Despite the semi-remote location, we liked the price ($75/night) so ended up here. The hotel looks recently remodeled, meaning all furnishings and carpets look new and all walls look recently painted, etc., yet it still bears some painted-over hallmarks of a kind of cheap motel, like cheap metal plates around the knob of the door to our room. The room itself had a couple of problems, starting with a semi-broken heating/cooling unit. What was broken was the temperature control knob. The knob to turn the heat (or cooling) on or off worked, but there was no ability to adjust the temperature. Also, the shower drained incredibly slowly; after a 5 minute shower there was 6 inches of water in the tub. The bed pillows are little squares, not rectangles. I found them uncomfortable, but the beds and linens were comfortable enough. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave, and the hotel offers free unsecured WiFi. This is not shown on the website, so it was a nice bonus. Breakfast is also included, although we didn't try it. All in all, a decent bang for the buck.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NJ_Wendy
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here a couple night ago. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was a grade above most Comfort Inns. Eggs, bacon were very good; also had waffles and good assortment of pastries. This is a great value and good property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcjw700
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our stay was very pleasant. The room was nice and clean, housekeeping did an excellent job and they were very courteous!!! The hotel is also in a great location, being close to the highway was definitely a plus for us for our traveling needs. Our only negative comment is for the front desk. We were very dissatisfied with the treatment we received when we checked in. We stood at the desk for more time then we should have while the two clerks, basically ignored us. The young man was faxing something for another guest at the time and the other attendant was preparing to leave for the day. She said goodbye to her co-worker, but did not bother to mention that there were guest waiting to be assisted, so we continued to wait patiently for the clerk. When the young man finally came to assist us there was no thank you for your patience, welcome in, NOTHING !! In fact he looked very disinterested, annoyed and bothered by our presence. Then he hands me the registration card and just told me to sign it. He didn't explain anything, just handed me the keys and went to the next guest. I understand that we all have bad days, but common courtesy goes a long way, especially at the front desk. They were the first people we saw after a very long drive and we wish we had a better welcome in. But other then this incident we had a blast and everything was Great !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ms K E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Comfort Inn Towson? Share your experiences!