“Decent sushi outing”

Dining options: Reservations
Towson, MD
“Decent sushi outing”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This review is actually of their new Timonium location off of Ridgely Rd.
My mom and I went for lunch one afternoon in October. We were warmly greeted once we entered and were placed in a seat by the sushi bar. The decorations are nice & the restaurant appeared very clean. The specialty sushi roll menu is huge! I tend to stick to my favorites but I would like to come back with my more daring husband and try a few.

Our waitress was very nice. We ordered a few rolls and miso soup and she suggested the lunch combo. That seemed like a great deal, but they didn't have shrimp tempura rolls offered in the lunch combo so we stuck with regular rolls.

The miso soup came out super fast and was delicious!
We ordered a spicy tuna roll, a california roll and I made up a roll of shrimp tempura with spicy tuna on top. They misunderstood and made the wrong roll, but were more than willing to fix it. When they brought out the correct rolls they were good. I have had better spicy tuna but it was still good. This one has flakes of red peppers throughout which made me think it would teter on the too hot to eat level, but they had just enough spice. Even my mother didn't think the spice was too powerful.

Overall, the experience was very nice. Sushi was pretty good. Would consider coming back.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Dartzy99

Towson, Maryland
“Delicious Salmon!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The salmon nigiri was delicious, nice big slices of pink fatty salmon on pretty good rice. Also got the salmon skin roll (my girlfriend who usually won't touch the stuff wolfed it down), hamachi and maguro nigiri (both very good especially the hamachi), and spicy tuna roll (one of the best I've had). The prices were fair ($4.50/2pcs) and the service acceptable. The only complaint I have is that they bring the sushi out as each order is completed rather than as one platter with the sushi arranged attractively (pretty standard at most places).

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank dylancasb
new york
“Good Tempura”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Went for light dinner, delicious soft shell crab tempura. Light batter crab, with miso soup, salad more than enough. -$19 Great place, clean and bright

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank austennewyork
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tasty Sushi”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Sushi Hana has nice sushi and a wide variety of Japanese dishes for a reasonable price. The servers are very friendly and there is overall very good service. I've come to this restaurant several times and will continue to come here when I have a taste for sushi. I also recommend the seaweed salad and the udon noodles.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Ginger235
“Great place for a wide variety of sushi”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Great variety. Yama roll is good, as is my trusty favorite, jayme roll. Spicy Miso soup warns you up. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Liked the sushi, didn't like the after-dinner candy they offered. Fish pond is cute.

1 Thank Kumquatdiner

Been to Sushi Hana? Share your experiences!