“We really like this hotel”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed February 15, 2007

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. The first time we found we were staying in a room surrounded by UMass football players who were playing Towson the next morning, and the staff switched us to another floor cheerfully and smoothly. You can hear everything through the walls.

This time we booked the Valentine's package that included dinner, breakfast, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We were completely happy with the entire event. We really enjoy dinner in the hotel restaurant, and the breakfast buffet is completely outstanding in every way. As was the case in our first visit, the floor we stayed on was quiet, and we got an excellent night's sleep.

The pool and fitness center on the third floor are in excellent condition...the pool is heated well, clean, and has a lifeguard on duty...the workout machines are industrial quality, and in good condition.

We love this hotel, we find the staff very friendly and accomodating, and we plan on staying here again soon.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doctor Rocket

Reviewed November 5, 2006

I was disappointed in the accomodations for the price. I got very little sleep since I could hear every sound from neighboring rooms and the hallway. I was surprised to find that there was not even a continental breakfast; Everything costed me and the hotel restaurant had slow service for mediocre food. I did find the front desk to be friendly and the bed comfortable. Overall, poor quality for the money.

Stayed: November 2006
Reviewed August 22, 2006

Don't pay attention to the bad reviews, I stayed here 4 nights. The location can't be beat, The Towson Town Center is right across the street and they provide a connected walk way for their guest. The valet , front desk & house keeping staff were always friendly & eager to please. The room was large with the most comfortable bed I've ever experienced in a hotel. The bedding, wall paper & bath room fixtures were not your standard hotel issue but much higher quality than you'd expect for a moderately priced hotel. If I am ever in this area again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gee2u
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Overall this hotel is just OK. The rooms are good size. The beds are comfortable. The air conditioning doesn't work very well, even running the temperature at 67 degrees, the room was damp and barely cool.
The housekeeping is terrible. The only thing they do is make the bed. They did not sweep the bathroom floor, or vacuum. Sometimes there was toilet paper, other times not. The housekeeping staff is very loud in the hallway, all day long. Some days the room was not cleaned(if you could call it that) until 6pm.
If you want a refrigerator, it is $15 a day.
On the last day, I asked for a late checkout since the meeting I was attending at the hotel did not finish until noon. They reluctantly let me check out at 12:30.
Overall , the staff is not very friendly.
The manager's reception on Wed evening was good.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ZPT
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We Just recently moved and came back to marland for a visit. Stayed at Towson to earn more starpoints. What a mistake. We were promised cribs for our twins but upon arrival, no cribs were available anywhere at all. the beds were comfy if you could sleep thru the loud noise in the halls, everything is amplified and sounds like they are in the room with you. Then the air conditioner began to make garbage disposal noises at 3 am, and had to turn the air off became very warm inthe room. worst stay at a sheraton or anywhere. the staff was apologetic and nice but that did not make up for a horrible stay with 2 small kids and no sleep. stay at the inner harbor or elsewhere!!

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank CUNEOGIRLS
Reviewed June 11, 2006

Last weekend, I booked a room for Saturday night on the Club Level at the Sheraton Baltimore North. I made the reservation through the Starwood website. My husband and I were planning to attend a friend's wedding and stay at the Sheraton for a little getaway. We arrived around 4:30 p.m., intending to get ready for the wedding at the hotel and take advantage of the treats at the club lounge before heading to the wedding which was right down the road. When we arrived, there were about four hotel employees chatting behind the front desk. After standing there for a moment, we finally got one woman's attention, and when we told her we were checking in, she mumbled something about having to see if a room was ready and beelined into a back room. The other employees quickly disappeared as well. We waited for several minutes, my husband poked his head into the back room and inquired as to the status of our room, and eventually the night manager appeared. He told us that a wedding party had decided to extend its stay, and that Maryland law required the hotel to allow this wedding party to stay an extra night. As a result, he said, there were not rooms available for us at the hotel. He assured us that he would "take care of us" and said we could stay for free at the airport Sheraton, 35 minutes away, or a Holiday Inn, 10 minutes away. We picked the Holiday Inn because the whole point of staying in a hotel was to avoid having to drive very far after the wedding. The quality of our "replacement accomodations" was so poor that we ended up using the room to get ready for the wedding and driving back home to Washington, D.C. after the event. When my husband pressed the night manager for an explanation (we wondered why a wedding party would extend its stay, since weddings are typically planned months in advance and usually take place on saturday night), the night manager changed his story and said that it wasn't a wedding party, but that some guests had decided to extend their stay. It's still a mystery to us why we were "bumped" from our hotel room, and it certainly put a damper on what we had hoped would be a relaxing, romantic getaway. Hmmm ...

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank DCDaniele
Reviewed June 7, 2006

I stayed here for a night on route to Washington DC . The staff was friendly. The room was a corner room in the corridor and was big. There was enough space for another bed. I liked the hotel. I did not have a chance to try their breakfast.

A minor inconvenience was that I could not get the room that I requested during booking since I was checking in late and the hotel room status was full. The staff apologized for it.

The hotel is next to a mall and has a Walkway entrance to the mall. Not many places were open late night for dinner. I chose to eat at TGI Fridays across the hotel. There is also RainForest Cafe nearby.

Next time, I wouldnt mind spending more days at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank CHYM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#26 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!