Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
$118
Hotels.com
Express Inn(Towson)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetclub levelfront deskbaltimore northgoucher collegetowson town centerupscale mallpf changscheesecake factorystarbucks coffeeparking garageroom servicegreat customer servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffinner harborfitness center
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We usually stay in very highly rated hotels, and I'd read previous reviews noting refurbishing was needed, so I wasn't looking forward to this stay. However, our room was quite spacious and appeared to be recently updated. Service was very good too, though the parking fees ($9 a night) seem high for a suburban locale. The location is very convenient to shopping, Towson University, Goucher College and area hospitals. It's an easy drive to Towson, a very cute town with more to offer than I'd imagined...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Exceeding our guests' expectations is what we strive to do and we loved your review title and everything you put in it! Thank you for all of your feedback and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to serving your hospitality needs again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with this hotel for several times and each time is better than the previous one. The front desk staff especially Ernie, were so helpful and they try to help customers as much as they can even with the remodeling. Great stay. Thanks so much.

Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community! We are happy to know that you enjoy your stays with us and the Ernie helps to make them more memorable. We will make sure that he sees your very nice comment and thank you for sharing it with us! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is our second time staying in this hotel a full week. We experienced an unforgivable/uncomfortable time! First, we are Starwood Platinum members. We expected to be place on the concierge floor. It gives you easy access to the club room for breakfast and evening snack and a computer and printer. However, the concierge floor was under remodeling so the floor was closed. Instead, they gave us daily vouchers for their full buffet breakfast & coupons to go to their hotel restaurant for an evening appetizer which was an inconvenient. I feel that they should have allowed us to order the appetizer from the hotel restaurant downstairs, it be delivered and not be charged any room delivery charge. Each morning that I got the eggs they were cold so I just stopped getting them. The waitresses returned to your table once after bringing coffee & juice to your table if you are lucky. Our last breakfast which was not scheduled to be closed for another hour had 3 totally empty warmers which food was to be in each of them. Our waitress served us our coffee and juice and just totally disappeared as she did each morning. A cook came out the kitchen & returned to the kitchen with a bottle of water. He didn't check the hot food buffet warmers. Unbelievable! Finally, another waitress showed up so I told her that no food was in 3 of the warmers. She opened each warmer and said, oh my God! She too was shocked that whoever job it was to keep food on the buffet obviously had not done their job! I ended up eating a muffin and drinking coffee. Unbelievable! We were on the Club floor, the last corner room which gave us extra space in our room. Some of the curtains & sheers would not all close. The sides of the curtains caused the bright sun to wake us each morning because the end of the curtains did not go around the corner of the drapes. We pulled the end of the drapes over to the side as much as possible then propped my husband shoes on the bottom of the drapes against the wall & it then didn't keep all the sun out. I expected much better accommodations in an expensive Sheraton. In a Sheraton, really! For two nights we had a couple fighting that stayed in the room next to us. The woman was screaming asking the man to stop choking her, someone was knocked against the wall, sound like they were wrestling on the bed then on the floor. It was awful! My husband & I thought that they were children playing in the bed and on the floor at first but then the woman began screaming at the top of her lungs so we then called downstairs & reported what was happening. We were really concerned for the safety of the woman. We waited 15-20 minutes before calling downstairs again asking for the manager because no one came upstairs to check out what was going on in the room next door & the couple was still fighting. That person wouldn't transfer my call to the manager as I asked. Instead, the person said, oh yea, we are "about" to call the police to come check things out. Really! The next day (during daylight), the couple returned to their room and started fighting AGAIN! I called downstairs and told them that as paying customers, we do not deserve such disturbance in a hotel. She asked me, do you want me to check if there is another room available for us to move you? I told her, no, If anyone move and be inconvenient should be the couple that's causing the disturbance and that I preferred they be moved out the hotel. It was day 2 of them fighting & the hotel had NOT handled that situation to completion because had the manager handled it properly, we wouldn't be sitting in our room being scared of what was going on in that other couple's room. We would just jump every time something really loud fall or someone get slammed against the wall. It was an awful experience! These days, bullets fly often and they don't have a name on them! The check in area had some remodeling as well so it was in disarray. The bad thing about it, we checked in on Dec 20 & checked out Dec 28. That couple stayed 2 nights. Yet the hotel manager did not offer us anything for our inconvenience for being disturbed by that fighting couple. They didn't put them out the hotel on the first night. They did nothing but obviously talk with them because they remained in their room. We are so disappointed in this hotel. We paid a daily fee for parking. They didn't even take care of our parking fee. There was a fitness room and an indoor swimming pool. However, the pool was opened early morning for some hours then closed for some hours and then opened again in the evening. It was too confusing so we didn't get a chance to swim either. There are nice restaurants in the area. A very nice big mall directly on the side of the hotel across the start. In the hotel was a bridge way to prevent from crossing the street. The bed was comfortable. The heating system was manageable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Grace_Baby
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We are very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience with us. After reading what occurred during your stay I am so sorry that I was not aware of this situation while you were still on property. There is no excuse for why you had to deal with the situation that occurred and I promise that follow up and coaching will occur with those associates working during those time periods. While it does not correct what happy now, I do truly appreciate that you brought this to our attention at this time.

As for the club lounge, I apologize that you were not able to utilize the lounge due to the renovations on that floor and will definitely take into consideration allowing the appetizers to be ordered through room service during times like this. Thank you for sharing your idea on this as the comfort of our guests is our number one priority.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the level of service and comfort that you deserve. Thank you again and have a outstanding week.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years and I've written a couple of reviews. I've always felt that the hotel was just short of perfect, but that the staff were always what kept me coming back. Well, not this time.
When we called the front desk to step in and resolve a fight in the hallway that woke us up in the middle of the night, there was no answer. When I needed my parking ticket validated for an early morning departure, there was nobody at the desk. When we needed breakfast prior to our early morning departure, there were no hotel staff members in the restaurant. When we finally tracked down the front desk person, he was initially cheerful until I mentioned the difficulty we had with finding hotel staff and then he gave me a brief, insincere apology and moved on to talk to the next guest in line. Nice....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ikimashitaka

I am truly sorry for the lack of service you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to make each guests' stay memorable and do so with the amazing staff that we have, however, we obviously did not provide you with that level of service during your stay and failed you. Please accept my apology and word that this is not how we typically take care of our guests and I promise to look into the staffing during the dates of your stay in order to stop this from happening again.

I appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention. Please feel free to contact us directly should you want to discuss it further. Thank you again.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed here several times over the last few years. We never had a problem. Hotel is convenient,clean and staff treats you as professional.location is excellent.adjacent to the mall,restaurants,and easy access to the highway. I recommend it.you won't have a problem there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Thank you for taking your time to share these experiences with us, we truly appreciate it and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!